Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

Tomarse posted:

I stripped them all with paint stripper. Then I etch primed it and sprayed it a silver colour which almost exactly matches bare ally!

unfortunately the etch primer I used was clearly poo poo as after about 5 years it started erupting in tiny bubbles all over it and now the finish is hosed :(

I would love to respray it again but I dread re-stripping it.

Could you not media blast it with baking soda or something?

Years ago I used aircraft stripper to strip a Mini shell, and it's probably still one of the most tedious/infuriating automotive experiences of my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU