Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

So glad this project is back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Tomarse posted:

Anti-archive bump as i did some work on the truck today.

I didn't do an update at the time but back in August I finished my bed and am pretty drat proud of it!

closed:

Lid lifts up for storage:

And it slides forward:

This is nifty. Something you bought or found or came up with on your own? I'd be interested to see more details of how it works.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Tomarse posted:

It is 100% DIY!
I watched a load of youtube videos of people making similar and then did my own version. It took a lot of head scratching and a few remakes and the first time I assembled it I got the screws in the wrong slats and screwed and glued it into the closed/narrow position! Fortunately I realised before the glue dried and I was able to take it apart and remove the glue and reuse 90% of the wood :lol:

This video is good, but this guy is much better than me at carpentry and his version is much more professional.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDdF7F-nkfs

This is a nice simple version that only pulls out (the first 3 mins of the video make it fairly clear how the sliding works).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJdbvrhPhaI

Mine is kind of a hybrid of both of these (and more examples)

That’s nifty. And simpler than I would have guessed. Looks great too. Do you have a folding mattress for it or what’s the plan there?