Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Bob Morales posted:

Pelosi ripping poo poo up

This was the best part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
its over i guess.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

bootlickers licking his boots as he walks out

Gunthen
Apr 10, 2011

Bob Morales posted:

Pelosi ripping poo poo up

Should never have invited him to the house to begin with, was shameful.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007
Argh, I was watching on ABC and its commentary is so one-sided and pro-Trump. They are gushing over him. Is this just what ABC is like?

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

No Men Here. Only Monsters.
Does anyone know who is doing the Democratic Response?

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
Has any other president done a soldier reunion thing during the sotu?

DrowningInDreams
Mar 13, 2009

Dilettante lizard
"Everyone is made equal by the hand of almighty God"

What does this mean? Does anyone know what this means?

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

Argh, I was watching on ABC and its commentary is so one-sided and pro-Trump. They are gushing over him. Is this just what ABC is like?

Yes, that's what corporate news is like. The Majority Report and The Young Turks has much better commentary.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

droll posted:

"We settled the New World" suuuuuuuper gross

Canadian politics and dialogue is heavily influenced by American politics. If the US ever passed pharmacare it would almost certainly happen here too because Canadians would feel inadequate. In the same vein of the US, the dominant left wing party of Canada (called the Liberals) it’s woke neoliberalism just like it was for decades in the US

People generally get their news from Facebook here too and it’s very US heavy. Even Canadian news has a lot of US content just with less commentary on it.

My grandmother has cost our medical system in Canada millions of dollars through three cancer treatments but would vote for Trump in a heartbeat if he ran here because she’s stupid. Lots of (especially olds) are here

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

ummel posted:

Or had his wife proxy the medal of freedom in SOTU

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
8 months sober was a good run. I regert nothint

Gunthen
Apr 10, 2011

ummel posted:

Nope, because it's disrespectful as hell to the family (Especially the children) to ruin a moment like that. I hope they at least had the decency to give the wife and children warning before the speech.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

ummel posted:

As far as I know, no. They've shown reunited families after the fact as a stunt, but I'm almost positive that this is a first.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

But hey, he's gonna fix AIDS

Maybe shoulda knocked out cancer first if he loves his buddy Rush so much.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Gunthen posted:

Nope, because it's disrespectful as hell to the family (Especially the children) to ruin a moment like that. I hope they at least had the decency to give the wife and children warning before the speech.

what does your heart tell you.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Well Trump has officially launched his 2020 campaign while beating an impeachment LOL

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Stick around for the Democratic Response, folks. Coming in a minute or so.

Gunthen
Apr 10, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what does your heart tell you.

They had to warn them right, they wouldn't be that evil. No way right..... poor loving kids.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

My favorite part is the soldier didn't have a seat so he probably just awkwardly had to stand there for the rest.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Enigma89 posted:

Well Trump has officially launched his 2020 campaign while beating an impeachment LOL

but hey, we held him accountable for process crimes, that's what america cares about

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

I wonder if this Governor is going to be a typical corporate Dem?

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

Apocalypse posted:

Yes, that's what corporate news is like. The Majority Report and The Young Turks has much better commentary.

I'm PBS ride-or-die normally. ABC was just already on my TV when I turned it on.

I'm surprised he didn't mention impeachment, even passive-aggressively.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

I'm PBS ride-or-die normally. ABC was just already on my TV when I turned it on.

I'm surprised he didn't mention impeachment, even passive-aggressively.

I'm almost certain he did very early in the speech, but I could be wrong.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Jesus Christ this response is absolute dogshit.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is the weakest SOTU response I've ever heard.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
yep, we're hosed

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
What the gently caress is this folksy aw shucks horseshit

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
just loving pathetic response, it might as well be videos of dogs rolling over and whimpering

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Nairbo posted:

Canadian politics and dialogue is heavily influenced by American politics. If the US ever passed pharmacare it would almost certainly happen here too because Canadians would feel inadequate. In the same vein of the US, the dominant left wing party of Canada (called the Liberals) it’s woke neoliberalism just like it was for decades in the US

People generally get their news from Facebook here too and it’s very US heavy. Even Canadian news has a lot of US content just with less commentary on it.

My grandmother has cost our medical system in Canada millions of dollars through three cancer treatments but would vote for Trump in a heartbeat if he ran here because she’s stupid. Lots of (especially olds) are here

Canadian politics, even at its worst under people like Stephen Harper is also comparatively cordial and boring and functionary in comparison to US politics even at their most sane. It is naturally the bigger attention grabber, plus there is the element of perceived safety in shittalking a country that is both right next door and yet an entier alternate universe away simultaneously from normal daily life.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They shoulda had Rashida Talib give this...

Gunthen
Apr 10, 2011

Nairbo posted:

Jesus Christ this response is absolute dogshit.

Think of the POTHOLES GUYS!

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Oh god we’re gonna lose

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

This is the weakest SOTU response I've ever heard.

Really? There has been some legendarily bad ones in the past. Ones so bad they spawned memes still being used years later. Some so bad they literally destroyed the careers of the person who delivered them. This is just bland...

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

Apocalypse posted:

I'm almost certain he did very early in the speech, but I could be wrong.

You may be right, I missed the first few minutes because I was walking my cat.

How is this the speech they gave after that? It's underwhelming.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Why the gently caress isn’t one of the squad members delivering this

Oh wait it’s always shitheads like Joe Kennedy doing it and sucking at it

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
This should be ten straight minutes of screaming, not whatever this is

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Apocalypse posted:

Really? There has been some legendarily bad ones in the past. Ones so bad they spawned memes still being used years later. Some so bad they literally destroyed the careers of the person who delivered them. This is just bland...

Wait you're telling me that Marco Rubio is NOT going to be President one day? :aaa:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This poo poo ain't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

She's a typical corporate Dem. Not a loving thing inspiring will come out of this woman's mouth. Just keep it bland and avoid damage to her career. That's her mission.