Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

No Men Here. Only Monsters.
Hello All,

This is will be our thread for the US State of the Union for 2020. Below are links to various places where it can be streamed. I'll update this post if more sources are made available.

C-Span: https://www.c-span.org/video/?468549-1/2020-state-union-address

CBS: https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/state-of-the-union-2020-president-donald-trump-tonight-2020-02-04-live-streaming/

Twitch:

The Majority Report (plus commentary) - https://www.twitch.tv/themajorityreport

YouTube:

WaPo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhCWf_ggy6E
ABC - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdU4MGyOmLA
NBC - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82SQkI4Xrmk

Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

His Cabinet is the perfect example of why we can't rely on "norms" to protect democracy. The Cabinet is supposed to be confirmed by the Senate, but you can get around that by putting in place an "Acting Secretary", and just... never replacing them. Since there isn't an actual rule against, only a "norm", you can just get away with it. This is the low hanging fruit when chipping away at a democracy.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

disjoe posted:

Rush Limbaugh?

Yeah apparently he's in the gallery with the First Lady. He's definitely going to get a shout out because he just admitted he's got advanced Lung Cancer.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

He literally ALWAYS says he rebuilt the military at these addresses. And literally everything time it doesn't mean a loving thing, but a cheap applause line.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

He also loves to pretend to give a poo poo about Black and Brown people in his speeches. It's not to get their votes, just to make the bigots who support him feel better about themselves.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

If I was a Senator or Representative, I would always prefer to sit through a speech by an opposing President. No expectation to keep standing up and sitting down like idiots.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

LOL. I at least enjoy when he calls out the Bush Administration and forces Republicans to clap about it.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

That Rat gently caress Juan Guaido is here?! Man, gently caress this guy and gently caress Trump.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Space Force... with the logo that they stole from Starfleet...

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

As a Democrat, should you stand for the little girl or sit for the poo poo policy?

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Are there any stations that are doing real time fact checking?

They're not exactly doing fact-checking, but the Majority Report is roasting him live and occasionally pushing back on his lies.

https://www.twitch.tv/themajorityreport

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

I wonder if he'll directly address Bernie's recent pledge to legalize weed on Day One?

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Pelosi and Schumer don't know whether to clap or not when Trump shits on Medicare-For-All...

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

I'm honestly surprised that Ben Carson is even awake...

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Eradicate AIDS? He's actively pooling STD prevention funding from the Third World !!! What a loving tool.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

The Presidential Medal of Freedom for Rush Limbaugh. Jesus loving Christ.

The award literally means nothing anymore.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Holy poo poo they are doing it now? Well its a good way to take complete control of the media narrative. Hats off to the communication department on this one.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

KodiakRS posted:

FYI the thing the democrats were chanting was "HR3" which is a prescription drug price control bill: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/3

Hey, thanks for this. I had no clue. Still, I would have preferred if they just called him a loving liar.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

KodiakRS posted:

Are ya'll hyped for infrastructure week?

You mean that special type of year where we buy cheap Chinese steel to build America? Yeah, I can't wait !!!

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Nairbo posted:

Man he’s featuring a lot of race and class traitors tonight

You'll always find more if you look under enough rocks.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Kirios posted:

I'll give Trump this - the man has definitely rallied the entire Republican party under his umbrella.

I can only hope Sanders does something similar.

It'll be difficult. Trump wants everything that the Republican Party wants. Bernie literally wants to tear down all the sacred cows of the Democratic Party and scrub them free of corruption. Not going to be easy.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

This is amazing television. This is an utter media coup. Amazing work Communications Department.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Is this the last one this fucker does if he does not get relected?

Yes indeed. President Sanders would be sworn in January 2021.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Nairbo posted:

My Canadian MAGA shithead grandmother is going to share the hell out of that video

Can you explain to me why Canadians ever give a poo poo what an American President is doing? I'm always shocked to find out our leaders have fans up North.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Does anyone know who is doing the Democratic Response?

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

Argh, I was watching on ABC and its commentary is so one-sided and pro-Trump. They are gushing over him. Is this just what ABC is like?

Yes, that's what corporate news is like. The Majority Report and The Young Turks has much better commentary.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

ummel posted:

Has any other president done a soldier reunion thing during the sotu?

As far as I know, no. They've shown reunited families after the fact as a stunt, but I'm almost positive that this is a first.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Stick around for the Democratic Response, folks. Coming in a minute or so.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

I wonder if this Governor is going to be a typical corporate Dem?

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

I'm PBS ride-or-die normally. ABC was just already on my TV when I turned it on.

I'm surprised he didn't mention impeachment, even passive-aggressively.

I'm almost certain he did very early in the speech, but I could be wrong.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

This is the weakest SOTU response I've ever heard.

Really? There has been some legendarily bad ones in the past. Ones so bad they spawned memes still being used years later. Some so bad they literally destroyed the careers of the person who delivered them. This is just bland...

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

She's a typical corporate Dem. Not a loving thing inspiring will come out of this woman's mouth. Just keep it bland and avoid damage to her career. That's her mission.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Wait you're telling me that Marco Rubio is NOT going to be President one day? :aaa:

I'm so sorry to break your heart...

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

What incredible weak sauce. Whelp, good work in putting America to sleep Dems.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Looks like Bernie is making a response.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

droll posted:

Did you mean to quote me?

I think he meant to quote me, since I asked him a question about Canadians being fans of American Presidents.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Yeah, he nailed it. The election is over because Nancy Pelosi rudely tore up paper. Foiled Again !!!!

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Does anyone know if the other candidates are making responses? Not interested in watching, but I'm just curious.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Nairbo posted:

Ayanna Pressley apparently

Oh really? Well, I'm a little interested in that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

Keeshhound posted:

Somehow that's the best feed I could find.

It's not the feed, its Bernie's setup. They hosed up the mic's settings.