Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

TheTrend posted:

Anyone been to any Roots games? Thinking about hitting up one or two.

watched the Chattanooga game on stream, seems like they're doing all the right things there, seems totally worth checking out. who knows, you might get to see their first win, hah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

We stand for soller.

https://twitter.com/tampabayrowdies/status/1236050780865597440

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Well based on how they played last night it would appear that Phoenix is really motivated to make up for last year's playoff loss

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Bentai posted:

https://www.lasvegaslightsfc.com/news_article/show/1091927

Las Vegas will be wearing a different jersey for each home game this season. Will be sold in limited numbers, and at $100 a pop, someone who's gotta catch em all will be out $1700.

Merciful Soccer Gods, please let this team have a winning season to make up for all this insanity.

Las Vegas Lights, or as the Unused Substitutes call them, Gimmick FC.

quote:

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-unused-substitutes

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-unused-substitutes/e/67827213

Computeronavirus:

The guys continue to do battle with technical issues in an attempt to discuss the end of preseason, preview this week's season opener against NY Arby's 2, discuss the Rowdies Women schedule and Jake chats with Rowdies GK Evan Louro

In this episode:

USF 1:1 Rowdies
Evan Louro interview
RBNY2 Preview
Rowdies Women schedule

Speaking of Arby's 2, Rowdies finally won a game on the road in NY/NJ, this past Saturday, which is like, the first time ever for the Rowdies, I think (not counting Rochester, also, I think), circa 1975-2020 (NY Cosmos/RBNY inclusive)? That's quite the long on-the-road losing streak.

Do over Ham fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Mar 9, 2020

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Do over Ham posted:

Speaking of Arby's 2, Rowdies finally won a game on the road in NY/NJ, this past Saturday, which is like, the first time ever for the Rowdies, I think (not counting Rochester, also, I think), circa 1975-2020 (NY Cosmos/RBNY inclusive)? That's quite the long on-the-road losing streak.

evan louro had a brief spell with detroit city and was an absolute monster between the pipes. occasionally some rb2 highlights of his roll into my twitter feed, but man i wish that dude would get a shot at the big times.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

sleepwalkers posted:

evan louro had a brief spell with detroit city and was an absolute monster between the pipes. occasionally some rb2 highlights of his roll into my twitter feed, but man i wish that dude would get a shot at the big times.

Good interview with Evan Louro by Jake Nutting on the Unused Substitutes podcast. Looking forward to seeing Evan Louro do well with the Rowdies this year. Should be fun to watch. Knock on wood.

quote:

https://www.wfla.com/sports/round-of-applause-for-tampa-bay-rowdies-new-goalkeeper-evan-louro/

Round of applause for Tampa Bay Rowdies’ new goalkeeper Evan Louro

quote:

http://theunsubs.soccer/rowdies-get-the-big-apple-off-their-back-best-nyrb-ii-in-opener/

Rowdies Get The Big Apple Off Their Back, Best NYRB II In Opener

by JAKE NUTTING

For the fourth straight season, the Tampa Bay Rowdies have started the USL Championship year off with a win.

This year’s 1-0 road victory against the New York Red Bulls II has a little extra meaning, though. The Rowdies had lost out in all three of their prior trips to face NYRB II. In fact, the club’s struggles on the road against New York-based teams in the modern era also extends to their days in the NASL, where they failed to post a win in six tries against the Cosmos.

Besides the fact that Tampa Bay and New York teams hating each other is well-honored tradition across several sports, the New York-based soccer teams also always seem to be at the top of their respective leagues So it may seem small in the grand scheme, but it’s not a insignificant thing for Neill Collins to be the first coach to lead the Rowdies to a road victory against a New York team in the modern era.

Pretty sure the Rowdies vs. NY Cosmos losing streak in NY/NJ is inclusive of both the NY Cosmos NASL 1.0 and NASL 2.0 iterations.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Godspeed, Malonga.

quote:

Dominique Malonga has officially parted ways with Cavalry FC.

Malonga, 32, signed with PFC Lokomotiv Plovdiv in Bulgaria’s top tier over the weekend. The journeyman striker was on the bench for the club’s 2-0 league win over Vitosha Bistritsa this Saturday.

Malonga led the Cavs with 11 goals in 26 matches in 2019, helping the side to Spring and Fall season titles and earning a player of the year nomination at Awards 2019.

Malonga was born in Châtenay-Malabry, a suburb of Paris, France, but represents the Republic of Congo at the senior international level. He made the jump to professional football in 2007 with Serie A side Torino FC before stints with AC Cesena, L.R. Vicenza Virtus, Real Murcia in Spain, and Scottish club Hibernian FC, where he became a cult hero scoring 17 goals in 43 appearances.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

The new Ralph's Mob standing section has achieved full Capo Stand status.

https://twitter.com/RowdiesTickets/status/1237382183955939328

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Tacoma-San Diego game tonight has been moved to closed-door status. Not that the Sounders reserves drew much in the way of crowds to begin with...

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

so with everything popping off today, i’m assuming there will be no detroit city fc home opener on 3/21. the state is “recommending” that gatherings of >100 people are cancelled or restricted and other leagues are making big moves in terms of event attendance
the interesting economic thing is uhh... some of these nisa teams likely can’t entirely shoulder the cost of a cancelled or heavily postponed spring season. it’ll be very, very interesting to see how things shake out.

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 12, 2020

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
NISA has suspended league play.

Also the USL is not permitting teams to participate in the U.S. Open Cup until they determine a plan for rescheduling league games.

Aggro fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 12, 2020

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Yep. Minimum 30 day delay on USL league matches.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Welp. Ralph's Mob brand new standing section with capo stand all set up and ready to go viral as it were, and we wait with no games for a month.

coof coof

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Do over Ham posted:

no games for a month

Two months, if we're lucky.

Would not be surprised if we don't kick another ball in MLS and USL until August.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

The 2020 USL season will be played in Rocket League

Starts March 31.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Weedle posted:

The 2020 USL season will be played in Rocket League

Starts March 31.

How does one watch this?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Nostradingus posted:

How does one watch this?

It’ll be on Twitch

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The NPSL canceled its 2020 season.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Weird feeling right now, reminds me of how MLS post-2001-09-11 felt, except that I'm pretty confident that MLS and USL are strong enough to start back up once this is over, when it is over, whereas MLS almost didn't make it to 2002.

Still feels weird though.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
League Two is cancelled for 2020.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

York 9 sold a player to an Eredivisie team. Get some money to keep the lights on, get proof the league can send players to Europe, incredible win/win.

https://canpl.ca/article/york9-fcs-emilio-estevez-sold-to-dutch-eredivisie-side-ado-den-haag

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I might be in the minority, but I want to see the CanPL succeed so MLS can shove off their Canadian clubs there :911:

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Edward Mass posted:

I might be in the minority, but I want to see the CanPL succeed so MLS can shove off their Canadian clubs there :911:

This would be great but it's not gonna happen anytime soon

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

Will happen probably shortly after the Welsh clubs in the English pyramid "shove off" to the Welsh league system. In effect, never.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

uslc restarts on july 11

https://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/1108043

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffrueter/status/1273404582257995780

????

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

He hasn't won a match in months

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Poonior Toilett posted:

He hasn't won a match in months

On the other hand, he hasn't lost one either.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Toronto FC II won't play in League One this year, but plan to play in League One in 2021.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:jihad:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Oh, hey, it’s on TV!

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Sorry, that was absolute poo poo. Love the stadium though.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

:toot:

quote:

https://theunsubs.soccer/lucky-leo-...JiqnOD934iE6hss

Lucky, Leo Rally Rowdies Past 10-Man Atlanta In USL Restart

quote:

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/row...B-FkQVWKGCEtR5s

Rowdies fans cheered, they sang, they partied ... all 140 of ‘em

John Romano | Live sports with an audience made a return in Tampa Bay on Saturday night with a very controlled environment at a Rowdies game.

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

I like it, hope we'll get to win in it someday!

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Popoi posted:

I like it, hope we'll get to win in it someday!

We’re poo poo for now but it’s good as hell. The standing section is really steep and I can’t wait to see it full and lit up.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I do believe the Riverhounds got robbed in the 1st half.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
CPL broke months of silence today and announced their return to play is going ahead starting August 13th in Charlottetown. Looks like an 8 team round robin, 4 of which move on to a second round robin, the top 2 of which play against each other to be crowned champions. Obviously not as good as the full season would have been, but I'm happy they're actually doing something. Plus, if they're putting money into upgrading Charlottetown's stadium maybe they can get a team one day.

Even better, now that the season is officially 'cancelled' in the normal sense, maybe I can get some clarification on what's happening with my season ticket money.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Hope they offer you a refund/carry over to 2021/something not stupid.

The league announced that all away kits will be black this year. Some of them are are good; while some are uhhhhhh.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.

Stiev Awt posted:

Hope they offer you a refund/carry over to 2021/something not stupid.

The league announced that all away kits will be black this year. Some of them are are good; while some are uhhhhhh.

I actually don’t mind them as a whole (really like the Valour one) but that one... When they first showed it I assumed the city names were just for show/in the video to explain the shape. It either needs more detail in the map to blend the names in and a less boring font or preferably remove them altogether. I don’t think it’d look as awful with just the line.

League is letting us roll season ticket money to next year or apply some to a league group that is mostly just a way to continue to make money (understandably for a second year league considering Covid) but you get a jersey and tv streaming package. I may do that because I really like that Valour jersey.

Wippersnapper fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffrueter/status/1292919598476660736

That’s gotta be a weird situation - get an MLS expansion but not retain your Championship club for the interim.