Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alte Kraehe
Oct 31, 2011
Still taking bets on Louisville. The odds may be a bit shorter now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Alte Kraehe posted:

Still taking bets on Louisville. The odds may be a bit shorter now

Yeah nah. Rowdies have never had much luck playing in Louisville.

I have not been paying any attention to the West but if it is like recent years we can expect the Eastern Conference winner to be the USLC winner as well, I assume.

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

Yeah nah. Rowdies have never had much luck playing in Louisville.

I have not been paying any attention to the West but if it is like recent years we can expect the Eastern Conference winner to be the USLC winner as well, I assume.

I dunno, sometimes that Western Conference will sneak up on you. Junior Flemmings and Landon Donovan may have already combined to steal home field advantage for the West, who knows what they might make off with next.

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

Popoi posted:

I dunno, sometimes that Western Conference will sneak up on you. Junior Flemmings and Landon Donovan may have already combined to steal home field advantage for the West, who knows what they might make off with next.

Welp, guess not after all!

https://twitter.com/USLChampionship/status/1318681147845509120

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Cavalry forward Aribim Pepple went on trial with Sheffield United 2 weeks ago. He decided not to sign a deal, and go on trial with LEICESTER CITY instead.

I am so drat hyped rn

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/the2ndyellow/status/1319098793778946050?s=19

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

To be fair I think the Antigua squad that was beat by Forge had like 5 or 6 regular starters not be able to get visas to get into Canada...

Also Antigua's goal was a banger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYdsCRTQQqg

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

That was a great winning goal there with Forge down to 10 players.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Both of Forge's goals were pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W9uBwFa1f4

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

forge were playing better with 10 than they were with 11, incredible stuff

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

mentality giants.

It was weird - it was like they had more space or something...

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
the power of Do over Ham’s super-posts has propelled the Rowdies through and I’ll be rooting for them to defeat whatever evil western conference douches they might have to play
:smith:

killa-pope
May 21, 2008

paddyboat posted:

the power of Do over Ham’s super-posts has propelled the Rowdies through and I’ll be rooting for them to defeat whatever evil western conference douches they might have to play

If El Paso wins, I’m all aboard the choo-choo train. But yeah, gently caress Phoenix otherwise.

Alte Kraehe
Oct 31, 2011
I would like to thank the game tonight for disproving the existence of God.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

paddyboat posted:

It was nice of Phoenix to give up their home field advantage for us, but I hope I haven't jinxed the Rowdies with my comments about the relative strength of the Western Conference, a conference about which I know gently caress all. :smith:

I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed while hanging on to my lucky rabbit's foot and repeatedly knocking on the nearest piece of hardwood, for the next week. :ohdear:

It's been 8 years since the Rowdies 2012 NASL Soccer Bowl championship; would be nice to end the dry spell. Even though 2020 silverware ("coof cup") will always have a nice big asterisk attached to it. Whatever; silverware is silverware. :bandwagon:

Anyway nice for the Rowdies to get their Louisville road jinx off their back, at last, when it counts the most. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGqvXKD7JDc

Do over Ham fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 26, 2020

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

starting to believe the big hamilton - tauro game is going to be overshadowed on tuesday

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The League One Final has been cancelled. Also, the Rowdies' coach and two other Tampa Bay persons have COVID-19.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

The League One Final has been cancelled. Also, the Rowdies' coach and two other Tampa Bay persons have COVID-19.

The USL Championship final is cancelled as well. There will be no overall champion; Phoenix wins the Western Conference and Tampa Bay wins the Eastern Conference and the season is over.

Honestly this is the most 2020 way to finish out the USL season possible.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
"I wish that Phoenix don't win the USL Championship Final." *money's paw curls*

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

hamilton in the quarters, one more win until CCL :gizz:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Reno 1868 FC has folded. :(

Alte Kraehe
Oct 31, 2011
Any room for offseason talk? The greatest USL man to ever do it, Cameron Lancaster, is coming back to Louisville. My beautiful boy, Paco Craig, abandoned his English journey to sign with Miami. Louisville City lost a 6'5 goalie and replaced him with a 6'9 one. Shawn Totsch and his family continue to enjoy the apple butter, strawberry jam and Italian fried peppers I canned last year. Anything else going on out there?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
The man who owns ABFC has said he plans to continue to operate the club, saying “what the hell, why not?”

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

North Carolina FC is sitting out 2021 but their women's side will play. Not surprising given that Steve Malik only marginally gives a poo poo about NCFC anymore.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
It’s not the North Carolina-based Championship club I expected to suspend operations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Sooooooooooo it turns out NCFC will move down a level to USL League One instead of going on hiatus. Still something they wouldn't need to do it Malik...you know...cared.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

cosmos are going on hiatus for this upcoming season as well, it appears. hopefully not taking yet another league out with them.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

sleepwalkers posted:

cosmos are going on hiatus for this upcoming season as well, it appears.
That is apparently due to coronavirus-related issues, which of course have been a clusterfuck in New York.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Junior Flemmings is already back in the USL, apparently with the blessing of both Collin Martin and Landon Donovan. He's signed with Birmingham - not sure if I like his fit with Tom Soehn's way more defensive style of play.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Nobody said anything, but York9 FC is now York United FC.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Should have gone with York U9ted FC

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Dave Sarachan just resigned from North Carolina FC, putting out a statement that very diplomatically told Steve Malik to gently caress off for taking the team down to D3.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/1354822132358729731?s=20

Huge news for the continued viability of Canadian soccer teams not named Toronto FC.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Rowdies putting their non-USL Championship plans on hold.

quote:

https://theunsubs.soccer/rowdies-halt-plans-for-usl-league-two-and-wpsl-programs-will-re-evalute-for-2022/

Rowdies Halt Plans for USL League Two and WPSL Programs, Will Re-evalute for 2022

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
The USL Championship is returning to Fresno in the form of Monterey Bay FC.

Alte Kraehe
Oct 31, 2011
Disregard

Alte Kraehe fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Feb 17, 2021

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Condolences for any Charlotte Independence supporters, but your owner is terrible.

https://twitter.com/gary_f/status/1364598436511760384

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

CPL is either teasing expansion or something extremely disappointing at 11am today.

https://twitter.com/CPLsoccer/status/1370162653809758208?s=19

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

York 9 York United are rebranding into another team probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

if roughriders fans are to go by, saskatchewan would be a very fun trip that i will never in my life end up making