Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

i would have gone with REDWHITES SC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

At least it's not Red Bull Ottawa.

Because I was curious, I looked up census info from 2016, and there're 17k native Spanish speakers in Ottawa and Gatineau.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

CPL schedule came out, and these are the big changes.

- Nearly every game is scheduled on a weekend or holiday now, so there'll be a lot fewer matches with 1,500 attendees because people are tired after work.
- No more Spring and Fall halves, just one 28 match table.
- 1st place gets a bye to the finals, while 2nd and 3rd place have a playoff.

Having the Spring and Fall winners/1st and 2nd overall duke it out was fine IMO, but I'm not really mad at anything here.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Godspeed, Malonga.

quote:

Dominique Malonga has officially parted ways with Cavalry FC.

Malonga, 32, signed with PFC Lokomotiv Plovdiv in Bulgaria’s top tier over the weekend. The journeyman striker was on the bench for the club’s 2-0 league win over Vitosha Bistritsa this Saturday.

Malonga led the Cavs with 11 goals in 26 matches in 2019, helping the side to Spring and Fall season titles and earning a player of the year nomination at Awards 2019.

Malonga was born in Châtenay-Malabry, a suburb of Paris, France, but represents the Republic of Congo at the senior international level. He made the jump to professional football in 2007 with Serie A side Torino FC before stints with AC Cesena, L.R. Vicenza Virtus, Real Murcia in Spain, and Scottish club Hibernian FC, where he became a cult hero scoring 17 goals in 43 appearances.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Hope they offer you a refund/carry over to 2021/something not stupid.

The league announced that all away kits will be black this year. Some of them are are good; while some are uhhhhhh.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I'm fine with it being a single game this year if we allow the USL League 2 teams and a representative from League 1 BC in next year along with the usual suspects.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Azerban posted:

The CPL would like to let you know they support whatever the gently caress, absolutely anything, just please don't strike, for the love of god, please.

the circus must go one, i'm begging you.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

gently caress forge, glad i don't have to watch them for 7 months.

edit: with ontario and alberta loving up everything with the pandemic, i wonder if a season with admission is possible next year.

Stiev Awt fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 19, 2020

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Cavalry forward Aribim Pepple went on trial with Sheffield United 2 weeks ago. He decided not to sign a deal, and go on trial with LEICESTER CITY instead.

I am so drat hyped rn

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

That was a great winning goal there with Forge down to 10 players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

I thought it was a weird move to give Saskatoon exclusive rights for the province, locking out Regina. Turns out Mosaic Stadium has the football lines sewn in on the field, welp.