Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
CPL broke months of silence today and announced their return to play is going ahead starting August 13th in Charlottetown. Looks like an 8 team round robin, 4 of which move on to a second round robin, the top 2 of which play against each other to be crowned champions. Obviously not as good as the full season would have been, but I'm happy they're actually doing something. Plus, if they're putting money into upgrading Charlottetown's stadium maybe they can get a team one day.

Even better, now that the season is officially 'cancelled' in the normal sense, maybe I can get some clarification on what's happening with my season ticket money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.

Stiev Awt posted:

Hope they offer you a refund/carry over to 2021/something not stupid.

The league announced that all away kits will be black this year. Some of them are are good; while some are uhhhhhh.

I actually don’t mind them as a whole (really like the Valour one) but that one... When they first showed it I assumed the city names were just for show/in the video to explain the shape. It either needs more detail in the map to blend the names in and a less boring font or preferably remove them altogether. I don’t think it’d look as awful with just the line.

League is letting us roll season ticket money to next year or apply some to a league group that is mostly just a way to continue to make money (understandably for a second year league considering Covid) but you get a jersey and tv streaming package. I may do that because I really like that Valour jersey.

Wippersnapper fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jul 31, 2020

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
My son and I have Valour season tickets. I think they scored more today than in all the games we saw last year combined.

Wippersnapper fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 19, 2020

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
I was going to post earlier how I figure everyone is probably cheering for Halifax outside of Forge fans but that it felt pretty inevitable that Forge would win.

That seems even more inevitable now in this second half.

Edit: that last minute goal was... awful.

Wippersnapper fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 19, 2020