Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winifred Madgers

jokes are when someone says something unexpected, when you expected something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

a hot dog is a baby sausage

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I wonder what a cold dog is like :thunk:

catapede

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
It's got chili on it.

Heather Papps

hello friend

prepuce repurposed posted:

I wonder what a cold dog is like :thunk:

in canada we call them husky, but not to their faces cause they are sensitive

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

catapede

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
Raw doggin' is when you use beef tartare as the main protein.

El Generico

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
football is like tag where whoever has the ball is it, and they try to get as far forward as they can without getting tagged, but just being touched doesn't count you have to basically kill the fuckin guy to tag him

you can throw the ball to make the other guy it but if someone on the other team catches it then their team becomes it and their forward is the other direction

if you go forward enough to go off the field then you get points, or you can kick the ball off the field to get less points but then you have to get it between the tongs of the big tuning fork

you get four tries but if you can't run off the field in four tries the other team gets to be it and then they get four tries, and the game takes like three hours to play and you get bored watching it in like ten minutes

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Limes are just unripe lemons and pineapples are old apples. All fruit evolves, grapes evolve into spiders.

sig by owlhawk911

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

pixaal posted:

Limes are just unripe lemons and pineapples are old apples. All fruit evolves, grapes evolve into spiders.

similarly, baby deer progress through 4 basic stages of life after hatching. each winter they shed their antlers and form a cocoon, emerging in spring as a larger and tastier animal. if it does not fall victim to predation or starvation, the larval deer will appear next as a caribou, then elk then moose. some researchers say that antelope are actually the first stage in this cycle, but they have never been able to provide a solid answer as to why deer hatch from eggs rather than emerging from cocoons like all the other forms. deer hatches are a well-documented phenomenon, while no one actually knows where antelope come from

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

City of Glompton

if you cook a vegetable it makes it taste good because you're showing it who's boss with the one thing plants fear - fire

Jaguars!

Radians are a measure of angles.

Now the next bit is a bit hazy but I'm pretty sure that the point of radians is so that you can be smug to people who use degrees because radians have no unit symbol and are therefore somehow more pure maths.

Radians were probably invented by some maths professor who got tenure for making up radians.

ToxicFrog

pixaal posted:

Bananas evolve into fruitflies, which is unfortunate

But if you have enough grapes, the spiders will eat the fruitflies, because spiders are our friends

pixaal

Raw meat is like an evee, naturally it evolves into maggots, but in the presence of heat will evolve into cooked meat, or smoked meat depending on the method. If consumed it evolves into muscles a very powerful form.

sig by owlhawk911

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

ToxicFrog posted:

Bananas evolve into fruitflies, which is unfortunate

But if you have enough grapes, the spiders will eat the fruitflies, because spiders are our friends

bananas and some other fruits give off a thing that's visible in the infrared spectrum, so bats can see them. this means bats lives are like a little video game where you see your power-ups glowing and stuff. this also means that if you see a bat disappear, they are just loading a different save

pixaal

Hugh Malone posted:

bananas and some other fruits give off a thing that's visible in the infrared spectrum, so bats can see them. this means bats lives are like a little video game where you see your power-ups glowing and stuff. this also means that if you see a bat disappear, they are just loading a different save

Is this why them sometimes turn into vampires?

sig by owlhawk911

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
yes and if a bat only eats part of a nana than its a vampire nana

WarMonger

Chemistry is neat, you work with chemicals but also you are responsible for responsibly working with chemicals that might be dangerous or unhealthy to handle (you should read the material safety data sheet is what I'm saying)

WarMonger fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Feb 13, 2020

WarMonger

Cats, I don't get em. I have a stray that I trained to tolerate being petted, but sometimes it grabs my hand and initiates a licking procedure. It's not aggressive but at the same time I think the cat is putting me on notice.

slowm

live slow, die whenevs
economics is simple look at this graphs.

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

WarMonger posted:

Cats, I don't get em. I have a stray that I trained to tolerate being petted, but sometimes it grabs my hand and initiates a licking procedure. It's not aggressive but at the same time I think the cat is putting me on notice.

the cat is like "thank you for grooming me here it's your turn". it is a sign of love ans respect

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Gravity-

alright, you know what?

gently caress dark matter. gently caress dark energy, too. It's stupid. it's magic mumbo-jumbo because saying "welp, we just don't know what the gently caress it is :shrug:" is too difficult to wrap your mind around when your mind in this case is the size of the universe now get over yourselves and quench your egos like one of those weapon smiths on Forged in Fire, but the ones that do it right and don't get yelled at out loud by the judges because they clearly did it the wrong way, screwed up the quench and now their blade won't keel because it BROKE like Isildur's sword and gather around kids, that's right- get sucked down into my gravity well and get comfortable and orbit for a bit because I'm gonna make it real easy for all the eggheads out there with their slide rules and their star charts and letters next to their education and explain to you what gravity is.

Space/time is what happens when there's an area out there **waves hands out into the sky, but pretty far out there** that has virtually no matter present in it. When you add matter to an area of space/time that's pretty much empty **makes air quotes**, space is pushed out of the way by matter, like a grape in the middle of a jello mold, and time remains; that's why objects in space spin. Time. It matters now, because matter is there, but not space, and it has no clue at ALL what to do. So it just spins. Sure, sure- you're thinking "but, but- what about conservation of angular momentum?" and you'd have a point, but you should still shut the hell up about it because it's not the full story.

Space doesn't like it when you push it around. None the less mass shoves it out of the way, because density and atoms and electrons and valence shells and molecular bonds; you know the drill. All that garbage tells space to piss off, and it does. But it can't do poo poo about it- so it just sits there and waits, it sulks- until some other mass comes near it. If the mass is small, then what happens is the shoved out of the way or, to save me some key strokes, the warped space entices the smaller object in with promises of sex and drugs and illicit music renderings, forcing it to smack into the larger body or burn up in it's atmosphere if it has one, to the amusement of space.

It IS warped.

If the object is a great deal larger though space is all like, "sweet- that old German guy was right, all that M is gonna turn into a metric fuckton of E and I'll be out of here at the speed of C because gently caress matter when it gets vaporized and me and time can be best buds again!"

But you won't find any of THAT in a science book.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Robot Made of Meat

slowm posted:

economics is simple look at this graphs.

All you need to know is that, devoid of government regulation, the Free Market will invariably do the best thing for all.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Jaguars!

An electric guitar is a device that uses magnetic induction pickups to 'pick up' girls and 'induce' them to go to bed with you, counteracting the natural field of repulsion generated by many guitar players. However, the earth's Electro-shredular field has been inverting since 1973, and since the death of Prince in 2016, has been so weak that there have been no observed instances of anyone getting lucky by playing 'Wonderwall'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Harry Potter was the original cast for Scar Face...

<3 <3 Vanisher