Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

I want to say there might a better solution to worrying about sex pest in the league but I guess it’s hopeless guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

its the last time because this is the last season of OWL??? :(

also, has the roadhog skin even been released? they said it would be before the new season but uhh yeah still not there.

also refunds for alien skin when??

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/000285678

You have to submit a ticket before April 9 to request the refund.

The Roadhog skin is also out today.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Edmund Lava posted:

I want to say there might a better solution to worrying about sex pest in the league but I guess it’s hopeless guys.

I get they don't want another sinatraa situation but at some point you gotta take the risk

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Strong Sauce posted:

its the last time because this is the last season of OWL??? :(

Or because they've learned not to hitch their cart to any particular horse, in a field where a great many of the horses are some manner of lovely human.

You'd think they'd have figured THAT much out about two months into the Fuel's first season

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

Or because they've learned not to hitch their cart to any particular horse, in a field where a great many of the horses are some manner of lovely human.

You'd think they'd have figured THAT much out about two months into the Fuel's first season

But see the fuel was bad, surely good players would also be good people!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it happened during GOATS so its basically Blizzard's fault

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

I choose to believe that this is a clever bit of wordplay, because next year they will produce MVP skins for Overwatch 2!

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

We're more than a year away from this coming up again so there's definitely time for them to recant this statement, which they might do because I suspect there will be backlash. It's not like they can just not have a season MVP and there will be significant complaints at the end of the season if people think whoever is chosen won't get to have a custom skin. I can understand why Blizzard doesn't want to take the risk but honestly, they've handled this whole situation just fine by offering refunds and removing the MVP patch on the model. I'd rather see them put more effort into doing something to stop players from acting like disgusting little sex pests rather than throw up their hands and go "Well I guess lovely teenage/young adult boys will be boys, we can't risk honoring one who ends up having rape allegations made against them."

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Jjonak's MVP skin is one of the best in the game in my opinion, but Sinatraa's felt really lazy and Fleta's isn't a ton better.
So I think it's cool to have the option of getting a new skin, but they are a little hit and miss, and I also don't follow OWL enough to know who the MVP is.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they are limited to keeping the same basic outline for competitive integrity so different colors and textures are all you can ever expect. Its still pretty impressive how far they can take it. Stuff like the reaper sombrero probably wont be happening again

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Mar 24, 2021

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like fleta's mvp skin but idk what it has to do with fleta

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

It's what he asked for? All three MVP skins have been designed by the request of the players. Jjonak wanted octopi, Sinatraa wanted an alien, and Fleta said he wanted something that was both a devil and an angel. I think it actually looks quite good for a request that was probably tough to accommodate on a single skin.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did sinatraa ask for an alien? Fleta is the only one I can remember them really confirming it was based off the mvp's request. The other 2 seemed like your name is octopus so we did that, and people meme that you look like an alien.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 24, 2021

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

All mvp skins were designed with the mvps concepts in mind, yes.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Fauxtool posted:

did sinatraa ask for an alien? Fleta is the only one I can remember them really confirming it was based off the mvp's request. The other 2 seemed like your name is octopus so we did that, and people meme that you look like an alien.

They have definitely said that all MVP skins are based off what the MVP themselves wanted. Sinatraa wanted the alien because it's a meme on his stream but also wanted the character to be in a snappy suit (because Frank Sinatra). Jjonak just really likes octopi.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

He sure does
https://twitter.com/hannahhycho/status/1119442250029649921?s=19

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

OWL is adding tokens and clipping for this upcoming season
https://overwatchleague.com/en-us/news/we-re-upgrading-the-overwatch-league-viewing-experience

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
Don't forget the 4k streaming.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
4K too

I honestly think there's gonna be an uptick in viewership this year with all this

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Bigger deal here is 4K, APAC match encores and spoiler free modes

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
gently caress yes I love all of this. Contenders looked really nice when they streamed it in 2k, and I can't wait to see what games look like in full 4k

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

CDL was already testing out some of these features i believe.

4K is nice but being able to watch on YouTube instead of on the blizz website to earn tokens is what i wanted. the clipping as well.

i kinda hope they extend the MVP/SF Shock skins for a longer period though.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/overwatchleague/status/1375493247653400580?s=21

Danny is back :toot:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Ignis posted:

Danny is back :toot:

Finally! I hope they also have him do some interviews too; they've missed him.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

OWL season 4 shaping up to be the best yet

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Reports from the Experimental Flash tournament

https://twitter.com/mizliz_/status/1375632688367992832

Not sure which one's more embarrassing, Defiant or Gladiators (the former weren't tryharding as you can see, the latter is a full pro/former pro team) At least Fuel's had Tazmo as an excuse lol

e: I must rescind my statement because Sado tried very, very hard https://clips.twitch.tv/NurturingChillyCarrotBCWarrior

Ignis fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 27, 2021

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

was that being broadcasted? didn't even realize it was happening today

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

The preliminaries began today, but the official broadcast is tomorrow on https://youtube.com/overwatchleague/live Some people were streaming their povs today as pro players steamrolled them (or in Defiant's case, logix streamed all their matches until they got defeated by a random team of GMs)

On NA there's a mix of contenders players, ladder kings, American Tornado playing because of course they loving would lol, and most of the OWL meme teams.

Ignis fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 27, 2021

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Collegiate is on, this doesn't give tokens to my knowledge https://youtu.be/k4bCLuptkNk

Experimental is also on, that one is supposed to give tokens

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

The Florida Mayhem team aren't playing their normal positions and are still playing well against this Half Fusion/Contenders team team...

then funnyastro just kinda threw the match solo beating in the subway of kings row

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
4K looking really good

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
also 22k people watching the tournament, bodes pretty well for regular OWL this season!!!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I know this is a dumb meaningless tournament, but why is team Dallas struggling so hard against this random group of top 500 folks?

It would be hilarious if Dallas faceplants AGAIN after buying virtually an entire elite roster from Paris.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

In fairness to Dallas, their coaches are on support actually NVM it is all players minus the guys on the Tazmo team

this team also beat the Justice, who iirc was playing with their lineup proper

Ignis fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 27, 2021

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
Still lolling that Blizzard straight-up scheduled this at the exact same time as their regular collegiate contenders steam

900 people are watching it and its first map in ages to not go 2-0 :v:

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

i mean ahja only moved on numbani because of a nice d-va bomb... and now on havana they just got baited into using beat after sp9rk1e dashed in with genji.

fake edit: kinda got rocked too playing the door on defense

real edit: are they gonna hold??!

edit 2: this sound desync really sucks.

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 27, 2021

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I was really hoping the dallas team would lose so I wouldn't have to hear the casters say their name ever again

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Reign vs Contenders champs American Tornado

Also I'm not surprised Mouffin was part of this rando team https://twitter.com/mizliz_/status/1375910421740261377?s=19

E: Mayhem lost their match vs Fuel

Ignis fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

how many tokens did you get for watching this match? i started i think during the first match and ended up getting ~10-12 tokens