Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

rotor posted:

jesus christ i thought that was a tall kitchen cabinet or something

same

rotor posted:

let me just hang up my jacket in this closWhat the gently caress are all these wires

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
goddamn computer so big i found mr. tumnus in there

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the li-ion, the switch, and the source code

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

brag about your rigs all you want but full tower cases are the dumbest loving things

President Beep posted:

how do you keep doing this

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

President Beep posted:

goddamn computer so big i found mr. tumnus in there

yo case so big by the time you overclock it you already late

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

rotor posted:

yo case so big by the time you overclock it you already late

case so big you got koreans filming oscar winning movies in it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
when that case got a universal serial bus in it, it got a fuckin universal serial BUS in it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

fuckin hell

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
https://twitter.com/CORSAIR/status/1042819536309743616

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Looking at cases recently, it pissed me off that almost evey mid- tower had 0 drive bays. Then I was even more disturbed when I couldn't remember the last time I used my DVD drive for anything.

I would have thought I would have popped in x- com or something from my old collection.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
ok boomer

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

take it to the oldness thread

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
my case doesn't have any drive bays and its great cause its smaller

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
my case has drive bays and i even have a dvd drive in there, but it doesn't work because i upgraded to a motherboard that didn't have any headers for it lmao

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Jabor posted:

my case has drive bays and i even have a dvd drive in there, but it doesn't work because i upgraded to a motherboard that didn't have any headers for it lmao

wtf are you doing with an ide dvd drive (or far more unlikely a motherboard without sata ports)

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

dehumanize yourself and face to small form factor cases

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

SO DEMANDING posted:

wtf are you doing with an ide dvd drive (or far more unlikely a motherboard without sata ports)

why would i spend money on a newer dvd drive?

why would i spend time throwing out a nominally-working dvd drive?

sports
Sep 1, 2012
Just replaced the wax seals on this ma'. Double ring, natch.
Here it is, ready to compile, serial port and backplane exposed.

Extended bowl, comfort height. Soft close on the gasket. Closed loop water cooling. Fanless.

Dustcover in place, standby mode:

Really nice, stable, runs Windows 10 fine. Sometimes runs a little toasty.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Flush your logs

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

sports posted:

Extended bowl, comfort height. Soft close on the gasket. Closed loop water cooling. Fanless.

good for posting

useless for video games

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sports posted:

I dislike the toilet in my place

- posted from my toilet

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SO DEMANDING posted:

dehumanize yourself and face to small form factor cases

what I really want out of my pc is that it doesn’t turn into a dust monster. it’s like it takes the dust from the entire house and puts it behind itself

I need a dust filter machine I think

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
it's impossible

you have moving air carrying dust. the air goes into the computer, but some of the dust hits the intakes and gets stuck there. more and more dust builds up over time, until you eventually get skeezed out enough to bother cleaning it up

best you can do is get removable filters that you can pull out and take the dust off really easily

i guess you could do a water cooled setup going to a big passive radiator. the less air movement, the more dust will just settle out wherever it started rather than building up on your computer specifically.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
need to kill the dust in the room I reckon

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
my rig has the power button on top which means if i want it off for any meaningful length of time i have to to unplug it cause the cat will inevitably turn it on again

burning swine
May 26, 2004

sometimes one of my pcs turns itself on when I get a static charge and zap the light switch on the other side of the room

this house is kinda hosed up

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

*snort* if that’s where the power button is i can only imagine where the turbo button is!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I had to enable some virtualisation bullshit in the bios to get vmware running just now, and I ran thru some EZ-TUNING thing and it suggested an 11% increase in CPU speed

that's pretty badass tbh

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I have a bunch of wacky ISA cards that I want to put in the ISA slots in my HP-Apollo 9000-433s and then write drivers to use under NetBSD

does that count

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

I’m partial to the Leigh D4R pro

wait is this the jig thread?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

eschaton posted:

I have a bunch of wacky ISA cards that I want to put in the ISA slots in my HP-Apollo 9000-433s and then write drivers to use under NetBSD

does that count

the apollo gear had eisa slots o_0

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

pram posted:

heres my rig because its only sporting you all be allowed to poo poo on it

9900k, 5700xt

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
rescued this the other week

Symbolics 3640, one of the smaller members of the 3600 family

still has a couple of free slots, so my friend it’s going to can add the floating point accelerator and maybe another few megawords of RAM, and really take advantage of the fact that it requires a 20A circuit to itself

it already has a pair of several hundred megabyte full-height SMD drives too, though they’ll probably be replaced with emulated MFM for load bands, worlds, & pagefiles, and everything else will be over the network

it took three of us to get it into and out of the back of my friend’s SUV, it’s about 300lbs

still lighter than the Apollo DN10000, that thing is neutronium or something it’s so goddamn dense

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

put it back in the garbage where you found it imo

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
my dream rig is in my Apple shopping cart. it’s got wheels and a monitor stand

eschaton posted:

still has a couple of free slots, so my friend it’s going to can add the floating point accelerator and maybe another few megawords of RAM, and really take advantage of the fact that it requires a 20A circuit to itself

it already has a pair of several hundred megabyte full-height SMD drives too, though they’ll probably be replaced with emulated MFM for load bands, worlds, & pagefiles, and everything else will be over the network

it took three of us to get it into and out of the back of my friend’s SUV, it’s about 300lbs

still lighter than the Apollo DN10000, that thing is neutronium or something it’s so goddamn dense

nice hog

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

eschaton posted:

my stepdads beer posted:

put it back in the garbage where you found it imo

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
it’s a symbolic 3640, a lisping computer

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Vomik posted:

it’s a symbolic 3640, a lisping computer

I know thith

Adbot