Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
my case doesn't have any drive bays and its great cause its smaller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

eschaton posted:

rescued this the other week

Symbolics 3640, one of the smaller members of the 3600 family

still has a couple of free slots, so my friend it’s going to can add the floating point accelerator and maybe another few megawords of RAM, and really take advantage of the fact that it requires a 20A circuit to itself

it already has a pair of several hundred megabyte full-height SMD drives too, though they’ll probably be replaced with emulated MFM for load bands, worlds, & pagefiles, and everything else will be over the network

it took three of us to get it into and out of the back of my friend’s SUV, it’s about 300lbs

still lighter than the Apollo DN10000, that thing is neutronium or something it’s so goddamn dense

my stepdads beer posted:

put it back in the garbage where you found it imo

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

akadajet posted:

I know thith

lmao