Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Berserker gets slightly screwed, but not in a way that actually matters overall. The two better defense may actually be a net benefit, honestly.

The paladin luck/defense swap would be a benefit for sure, but I don't know how many of the cast could even try to reach that cap honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
That's largely what I thought the break-down would be. FE12 characters don't exactly have the best growths, even if they're an upgrade over FE11.

In a playthrough at least, you could probably stack defense boosters on one paladin to just create one particularly hard target. It's not an awful idea if you use stat boosters.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
The problem I have with characters being stuck in their original class is that while that may make them more unique, that also means that the majority of characters end up as just 'bad'. Classes are NOT balanced properly, so in any regular playthrough, not using reclassing means that the cavaliers just run roughshod over everyone else, and the archers become pretty permanently poo poo in most circumstances. Those are just a few examples of the problems, so characters being 'unique' usually ends up equaling 'bad'.

Also you'd THINK that with the class sets merged, guys would become way stronger than the ladies. That really isn't true for a couple of reasons.

A: spoiler-based early item that only women can use.

B: access to pegasus knight is huge. Also, the ladies having the option to just switch to cavalier during maps with no terrain is just a good boost too.

C: for whatever reason, on average the ladies are better than the dudes.

I've done lunatic gimmick runs (forget what star) before. One of the gimmicks is that I've done an all-lady run before, and an all-dude run before. Marth and Dancer were allowed to be usable in both. The all-lady run had fun running the maps, the all-dude run was struggling constantly. A large part was losing access to pegasus knight, yeah, but I was also having to use weaker characters on average.

As the ladies, I mostly lost access to bows (archer only option = blech) and axes (Dracoknight only). That could've mattered more.... but didn't.