Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

...oh dear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I repeat, oh dear.

Most of this is just... not very good. Some of it is genuinely funny, which is enough to keep me reading for at least the next update or two, and I do quite like the look of the new pokemon including the completely normal squirrel, but most of it is one long yawning eye-roll for me at the moment.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Wow. Literally everything about the alt timeline is cleverer and funnier than the main game (low bar, but still). The best way to enjoy this fan game is to not play it properly, go figure.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Okay the pasta snek is adorable.

I also like Eulb not being dead, I really really hope that later in the game we find out actually nobody is dead and Fang's spent the whole time mistakenly believing he's the edgiest edgelord to ever edge while not doing any harm to anyone whatsoever.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I still like all the fake pokemon, edgy or not. The gameplay and what passes for a plot is still pretty tedious but it could be worse.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I wish I could be surprised that transphobic slurs are showing up.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I think the creators should drop the edgy stupid unfunny bullshit and just make a normal Pokemon game. Everything seems decently put together and I genuinely like/would use most if not all of the new Pokemon, and the few not-ridiculously-edgy characters (okay pretty much just Bro, though Eulb has had a couple of moments) are also well done. 90% of the 'humour' is just bad, but everything that isn't 'humour' is really good.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

And there goes most of the few things I sort of liked about this game. Can't see this going well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Um. Okay. This sure was a game, I suppose. Or almost a game. What it really was, was a melting pot of half-developed ideas that never really went anywhere and ended in a crash. As a demo of someone's work it isn't bad, it shows a decent grasp of game mechanics and I still really like the new original pokemon, but this crew needed someone above them to edit and veto and keep it on some sort of path. I don't think they themselves knew if this was meant to be parody or satire or just a game with an edgy theme. Pity.