Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.
You're right, Bro is the best character.

Also, I must say that I love happy, upbeat stories like these. This looks like a real gem of a game.

This thing is going to be a massive train wreck, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I found a Trubbish telling you that you need Jesus funnier than it probably actually is.

I can see what you mean, definitely, about the varying quality between jokes and 'jokes'. Some stuff gets a chuckle, like Bro always, Fang's reaction to that Grunt actually killing himself, etc. But some just land incredibly poorly.

Yeah, there's some stuff worth a laugh in parody here, but some of it really does go too far. Is some of it supposed to be straight satire?

anilEhilated posted:

Trying to parody politics you don't understand is... uh, fresh. Now the real question here is whether the decision to parody is intended to be portrayed as stupid, or whether the stupidity lies within someone on the writing team.

In this game, I really, really can't tell.

I'm really not sure on this either. I'd really hope it's just for parody, but I'm questioning that being the case at this point.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Black Robe posted:

Okay the pasta snek is adorable.

I also like Eulb not being dead, I really really hope that later in the game we find out actually nobody is dead and Fang's spent the whole time mistakenly believing he's the edgiest edgelord to ever edge while not doing any harm to anyone whatsoever.

Agreed to the pasta snek.

Part of me is starting to wonder if we're not just walking around inside his head this entire time. Like, in reality none of this is happening and he's just walking around brooding.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

Black Robe posted:

I still like all the fake pokemon, edgy or not. The gameplay and what passes for a plot is still pretty tedious but it could be worse.

Pretty similar to what I've been thinking. The game's had a few funny moments here and there, but as parody/satire, it's flawed and inherits perhaps a little too much of what it's trying to make fun of. That, and it's sometimes hard to tell when it's trying to be serious or not.

As a Pokemon fangame, we've already seen far worse as the only jerk moves we've seen so far is the sudden level spikes. Hell, they gave us access to the special pokeballs pretty quickly as well. It's at least a signal that someone on the development side knew what was a bad idea and what wasn't, I just wish I could say the same person was on the writing team.