Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
La Sagrada Familia is really cool and interesting even if you aren't a fan of churches. It really is one of the strangest/prettiest buildings I've seen. Try (if possible) to go there on a sunny day, the sunlight will stream in through the stained windows and make everything multicolored. I got one of those audio guides but I turned it off after a while and just walked around and took everything in.

You do have to cover up shoulders/not wear shorts if you want to go into some of the churches, just some advice. I was stopped from going to the crypt in La Sagrada Familia because I had a sleeveless top, but fortunately a nice woman let me borrow a scarf and I could go in when I had it over my shoulders.

I really liked this guided tour I went on in the old city/Barri Gotic, but going with a guide was obviously extremely tourist-y. You can probably walk around and check out the architecture/small shops and get the same experience.

We went to the Poble Sec neighborhood for food one evening and there were a lot of small pintxos/tapas restaurants. From there we could walk to the area around Plaça d'Espana/Catalan Museum, which was really pretty at night. The magic fountain is there too, but when I was there in August 2015 it was really crowded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU