Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ross DaouThot
Aug 31, 2018

when i hit that loud and open cspam the adam curtis music starts playing

taqueso posted:

cue 30 minute presentation on iowa caucus results, followups, and current status

i forewent all that and immediately skipped to being as exhausted as if i had done the whole pete declared victory with 0% reporting/media collusion/ delegate math ratfuck presentation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

taqueso posted:

cue 30 minute presentation on iowa caucus results, followups, and current status

I am convinced they let it get that narrow in IA specifically to make us sound insane and petty when we describe basic reality to people. By some bastard logic we wind up sounding like the dweebs any time we describe what SDEs are and why they don't matter, while Pete supporters can shrug and say "well they said Pete won, I don't know the details, it was confusing for everybody huh?"

Of course they didn't account for the killer strategy of just saying "Bernie won the vote" and looking at anyone who questions it like they're an idiot

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Deified Data posted:

I am convinced they let it get that narrow in IA specifically to make us sound insane and petty when we describe basic reality to people. By some bastard logic we wind up sounding like the dweebs any time we describe what SDEs are and why they don't matter, while Pete supporters can shrug and say "well they said Pete won, I don't know the details, it was confusing for everybody huh?"

Of course they didn't account for the killer strategy of just saying "Bernie won the vote" and looking at anyone who questions it like they're an idiot

yeah, just tell them “no, in the end, turned out bernie got more votes” and if they push you can say that maybe the delegate math was weird but bernie 💯% got the most votes

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Did they ever finish the last .03%?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

taqueso posted:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

"I worked really hard to survive in this world, and now you're telling me that you have a better way, and more people can survive without having to work so hard?! No thank you!"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ross DaouThot posted:

i forewent all that and immediately skipped to being as exhausted as if i had done the whole pete declared victory with 0% reporting/media collusion/ delegate math ratfuck presentation

Bernie won the pop vote thats simple enoigh

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Shageletic posted:

Bernie won

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1227810159331827712

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

...specifically at a time when it fucks over bernie sanders

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

bring back old gbs posted:

...specifically at a time when it fucks over bernie sanders

nah, the reordering won't take effect until 2024 when Bernie is running unopposed as the incumbent

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

DNC Chair: "Time is ripe" poopy fart pants poopoo bblblblblblblbllbllblttttuurrpppp!

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

lmao IA gonna lose their caucus

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

lmao IA gonna lose their caucus

its a good thing.

Delany still hasn't sold his tour bus plastered with sayings that are just riffs on Lowered Expectations, Inc., and i have to drive by that loving thing every drat day

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I want all of NH to hold a party celebrating the demise of that caucus

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

fosborb posted:

its a good thing.

Delany still hasn't sold his tour bus plastered with sayings that are just riffs on Lowered Expectations, Inc., and i have to drive by that loving thing every drat day

I’m sorry but that’s hilarious

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

fosborb posted:

its a good thing.

I would probably pay ten grand for Delaney's lovely tour bus, how has he not managed to sell it to some irony poisoned idiot with more student loans than sense like me?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Homeless Friend posted:

tfw you want to reexamine some primaries

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Didn't the DNC or IDP borrow the bus already lol

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Squizzle posted:

yeah, just tell them “no, in the end, turned out bernie got more votes” and if they push you can say that maybe the delegate math was weird but bernie 💯% got the most votes

Might help to point out that Pete declared victory with 1% counted (and a bunch of idiot media just went with that) but Bernie did so with 99%.

Which he did because Bernie knows that the 99% is more important than the 1%.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I would probably pay ten grand for Delaney's lovely tour bus, how has he not managed to sell it to some irony poisoned idiot with more student loans than sense like me?

an up and coming national touring band should buy the bus and not change the livery

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

the time is ripe to reexamine why he still has a fuckin job

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

piss off perez

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mr. Fix It posted:

nah, the reordering won't take effect until 2024 when Bernie is running unopposed as the incumbent

lol if you think they wouldn't try to primary him as the 2024 incumbent

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
reorder them so they all go in order of how much bernie won in them

if any state voted for someone else they don't get to vote in the primary ever again

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Doesn’t the Sanders plan allow unions to keep their own plans if they wish?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Raccooon posted:

I thought it banned private insurance outright. At this point im not even sure if anyone running on true m4a is allowing private insurance to stick around-maybe Tulsi but she's equivocated on it enough I gave up trying to parse her plan. Maybe steyer? Definitely not Beth, butt, Bloomberg, Biden or klob

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm pretty sure warren walked back her M4A because a bunch of her donors are on literal cadillac plans and don't want the normies to fill up the waiting rooms

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Raccooon posted:

IIRC it doesn't allow them to keep their plans but allows unions to negotiate for wrap around services and other coverage not covered under the m4a plan. Also forces companies to give any savings from having m4a instead of private insurer costs go back to the union workers in wages and other benefits

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It doesn't abolish private insurance but does ban duplication of care and of course the trillions we give middlemen as subsidies all go away, which is the main thing

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Hi I'm focus testing a couple of nicknames for Mayor Pete that refer to his military record
Which of the following do you prefer?

A: The American Hero

B: G.I. Joke

Thank you for your input. It had been logged and forwarded to the proper authorities.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

spacemang_spliff posted:

IDK I move paper and I could probably live in a coastal city but I live in KC because the cost of living is about a million times better (I own a home and it would cost at least half a million in California which would be completely unaffordable). I got incredibly lucky a bunch of times throughout my life, especially with how my career has moved in the past 7 years or so, my main skill seems to be in making people think I know what the gently caress I'm doing (I don't lol). Considering how the last decade of my dad's life went, I identify more with someone who works as a line cook than a lawyer. I have savings but like my ability to draw a salary is largely dependent on someone else not doing something incredibly dumb that results in me being laid off. My livelihood is at the whim of some coked out mook deciding if I make them more money than I cost, so I'm in the same boat as the janitor (who I could probably teach to do what I do), no executive is going to give a gently caress if I get hit by a bus tomorrow.

Yeah you have class consciousness. PMCs don't.

I would be PMC as gently caress, but I understand how much of a prole I actually am in the scheme of Capitalism and therefore I organize for my union and troll centrists on Twitter and give all my money to Bernie.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Mr. Fix It posted:

Oh no he definitely won't be unchallenged.

Seeing the little clown car of no-hopers that try to suicide bomb Bernie in the next primary is gonna be hilarious and watching their utter destruction will be cathartic

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

oh man, remember that one election where the big contentious thing was whether the candidates were wearing their livestrong bracelets or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

collapsing this back into one thread folks

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3913139