Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

The grim reaper comic but there are like 30 doors of dead campaigns

the reaper knocking on a closed door for liz’s campaign, the next door is deval’s but it’s already open with bloodstains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Trump: “Oh? You’re approaching me?”

Bernie: “I can’t kick your rear end without getting closer.”

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I'm PMC so I see lots of Warren supporters in life and on social media, and all they care about now are Twitter emojis and what got said at a dinner party between two senators. with issues like these it's amazing they haven't built a coalition with any appeal outside their bubble.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Reading the exit poll data in New Hampshire, how much of the electorate do you think just loving walks in and hits random buttons because they know nothing at all and want an "I voted" sticker or a cute ballot selfie?

How else do you explain the ~15 people polled who believe that the next president should implement more conservative policies than Obama, but also voted for Bernie?

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

i wish you well during your imminent 6er

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ALFbrot posted:

Reading the exit poll data in New Hampshire, how much of the electorate do you think just loving walks in and hits random buttons because they know nothing at all and want an "I voted" sticker or a cute ballot selfie?

How else do you explain the ~15 people polled who believe that the next president should implement more conservative policies than Obama, but also voted for Bernie?

Bernie's consistent 1-5% of this base that votes for him explicitly because they believe him to the be the most conservative option is one of my favorite facts about him, right up there with that LA poll showing that 3% of Clinton supporters believed she was a literal demon and supported her for that reason

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

WampaLord posted:

Nah, hispanic voters

We good

also everyone thought they would outright rig the NH primary since it's "black box votes" and lmao y'all were wrong about that too
NH had a primary run by the state, which has a Republican governor

Nevada caucus otoh is a prime place for more funny business

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

ALFbrot posted:

A lot. Half of NH voters said they made up their minds in the past few days.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

Bernie's consistent 1-5% of this base that votes for him explicitly because they believe him to the be the most conservative option is one of my favorite facts about him, right up there with that LA poll showing that 3% of Clinton supporters believed she was a literal demon and supported her for that reason

I mean, if you think about it, Bernie is, in a sense, the most conservative choice. In that voting for him is the safe, sane way for our country and species to attempt to survive.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Churchill was a monster, but he wasn't wrong about losing faith indemocracy after meeting the average voter.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ZaidJilani/status/1227664578659717120

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I'm trying to knock every door in Orange Mound.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_Mound,_Memphis

Memphis, TN

:eyepop: I stayed on Douglass Ave for a few years, actually gonna be in the mound next week helping a buddy move.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Thundercracker posted:

Churchill was a monster, but he wasn't wrong about losing faith indemocracy after meeting the average voter.

the people at the top aren't any different or better, the craziest reasoning from undecideds you'll hear wouldn't seem out of place if you imagine them in a suit and their exit poll interview in the form of a NYT op-ed

Weedle
May 31, 2006

it's amazing how many people think the ultra-wealthy are dispensing great advice out of the goodness of their heart, and if we just do what they say we might get rich too

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

the people at the top aren't any different or better, the craziest reasoning from undecideds you'll hear wouldn't seem out of place if you imagine them in a suit and their exit poll interview in the form of a NYT op-ed

thomas friedman and bret stephens are united in their admiration of michael bloomberg

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Limerick posted:

I kinda suspect Nevada goes to Pete or to the Klobb, SC goes to Biden for a short-lived resuscitation of his campaign, and then Bernie rocks Super Tuesday. Warren loses MA if she's still in the race.

The polls I'm thinking of here are probably pretty out of date though.

Biden anywhere but an overwhelmingly dominant first place in SC destroys the narrative he's been pushing for the last year and is the absolute death of his campaign but in reality he'll be lucky to pull off second place

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

When do we start getting NV polls?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
hypothetically are you PMC if you don't manage people but you manage a product?

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

ALFbrot posted:

being anti-war is often internalized as "conservative"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

actionjackson posted:

When do we start getting NV polls?

Never lol

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

From what I heard Klob and Pete have next to no ground game in Nevada, I don't see how Bernie can realistically lose there with Biden dying

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Nevada is a caucus right? So that gives moderates a chance to consolidate behind butt or klob, which wouldn't necessarily happen in a primary. Bernie didnt seem to gain any voters during realignment in Iowa. Even the sucky warren voters went to butt.

Hopefully the hispanic vote can give him a strong enough first round that it wont matter. But nevada shouldn't matter much in the long term anyway so I wont arzy nah I'm still gonna arzy

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Looking to jump on the Bernie donation train, but why is $27 the magic number? Am I reading this correctly and max allowed is $2800? Is that for the entire election or seperate for Primary vs General?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

eventually you'll stop making GBS threads your pants because there won't be any food being digested

just your muscles and organs

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Old James posted:

Looking to jump on the Bernie donation train, but why is $27 the magic number?

it was an average donation number become meme from 2015

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

A goon earlier mentioned that Pete actually has some ground game there (100ish full time volunteers) but Bernie has triple that in a state that has a lot more favorable demographics to him than Iowa and NH

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the average donation now is like 18$. save yourself nine bucks.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Jackie D posted:

From what I heard Klob and Pete have next to no ground game in Nevada, I don't see how Bernie can realistically lose there with Biden dying

Pete does , first round could go from 45 Bernie/20 Pete / Biden, steyer, klob, Warren all below 15 to final round of 45 Bernie 55 Pete

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:

shame on an IGA posted:

Biden anywhere but an overwhelmingly dominant first place in SC destroys the narrative he's been pushing for the last year and is the absolute death of his campaign but in reality he'll be lucky to pull off second place

I posted that before I saw the latest poll numbers.

As long as we call and knock on doors and don't slow down for an instant, I think we know who's going to win SC.

:bernget20:

The Ultimate Doge
May 1, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

This is like the equivalent of when women try to give relationship advice to men and say like "just be a good listener, don't be afraid to indulge her desires, and spend lots of money on dates"

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Weedle posted:

it's amazing how many people think the ultra-wealthy are dispensing great advice out of the goodness of their heart, and if we just do what they say we might get rich too

sucks for you, I'm gonna be working 60 hour weeks making 10$ an hour at the call center with no lunch or bathroom breaks to soon become a billionaire!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

The Ultimate Doge posted:

This is like the equivalent of when women try to give relationship advice to men and say like "just be a good listener, don't be afraid to indulge her desires, and spend lots of money on dates"

don't take any bathroom breaks as you listen and spend on dates. drive yourself into renal failure to become a better boyfriend

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

eric ciaramella posted:

yes, then use that nine bucks to give to Bernie again

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Oh and don't forget to start off with an MBA from an ivy league you got into because of your rich dad. Silly me, how did I forget that part

Weedle
May 31, 2006

jesus, stop posting in this thread

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

:chloe:

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Pants making GBS threads confirmed presidential resume material

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

That's good advice though

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

eric ciaramella posted:

counterpoint: give bernie more money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Code Jockey posted:

counterpoint: give bernie more money

if you save the $9 you can give it back to Bernie and then he has $36!!!