Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
brace for incoming succ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

I think the other thing is that most voters aren't that ideological and support for the "moderate" candidates is generally pretty soft. I'm sure there are plenty of voters who are specifically looking for a moderate and would not vote for a progressive in a primary, but there are a ton of other reasons people pick candidates, and it's not at all clear that moderate support would consolidate under a single moderate even if all but one of them dropped out. In fact, what little second choice polling there's been--mostly by Morning Consult--shows Bernie as a popular second choice for Biden and Warren supporters, and even some Buttigieg and Bloomberg supporters. It's not really all that clear-cut, is what I'm saying.

People like winners. That's why the ratfucking in Iowa was such a big deal. Neither of these states means jack poo poo in terms of the nomination except as a way to get attention.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

you heard it here, Bernie was a Russian plant all along

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Mr. Fix It posted:

nah, the reordering won't take effect until 2024 when Bernie is running unopposed as the incumbent

lol if you think they wouldn't try to primary him as the 2024 incumbent