Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:
In case it wasn't clear, Bernie Sanders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

I'm posting from work, because today is the day I go insane.

If I could drink at work I would to avoid going nuts with anticipation but I can't so here I am.

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

Doorknob Slobber posted:

gently caress i heard butt is winning

...based on?

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

If Warren and Biden do worse than Yang somehow I'm going to be hootin and hollerin

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

according to msnbc exit polls show only 11% of voters were in the 18-29 age group

In Iowa or in NH?

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

Those loving age demographics :derp:

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

Bernie barely winning what was supposed to be an easy state for him by less than 3% worries me. I'm gonna pop a blood vessel gently caress this poo poo :derp:

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

unmeidestiny posted:

seriously i'm not gonna name names but I do see posters in here that I only ever see drop in to arzy about stupid poo poo

I'm just having a probably unhealthy anxiety thing and I probably shouldn't watch number go up live, don't mind me.

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

I'm a Tom Steyer's Arms Truther now.

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

Oh, hey, check it out: Bernie Sanders

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

He's going to follow in Daou's footsteps. :bernget20:

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

ikanreed posted:

So. NV. Ratfuck rat to first or try again with "victory doesn't matter"?

I kinda suspect Nevada goes to Pete or to the Klobb, SC goes to Biden for a short-lived resuscitation of his campaign, and then Bernie rocks Super Tuesday. Warren loses MA if she's still in the race.

The polls I'm thinking of here are probably pretty out of date though.

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

readingatwork posted:

It is literally the 2016 Republican primary again.

And Biden is Jeb!

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

mad.radhu posted:

Bloomberg has the backroom power and money to probably get to a brokered convention, at which point the superdelegates will have to decide whether they want to destroy the democratic party or not.

Either way, the left wins - but at the cost of another four years of trump while that 12 year climate deadline looms, it might destroy human life on the planet. Kind of a bummer, depending on your thoughts on the matter.

Even if we miss that deadline, things could always get worse, so we need to always fight to stop things from getting worse. Thinking of it as instant doomsday if we miss the 12-year deadline is counterproductive to the struggle, people get overwhelmed and give up. If we've locked in +3 C, we sure as poo poo don't want to find out what +6 C feels like :unsmigghh:, so let's not get all human-extinction-acceptance-y if the world still runs on fossil fuels in the 2030s.

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

If Bernie loses NV don't arzy, it's a weird state.

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

I thought bernie was strong among hispanic voters (eg me)?

I'm expecting ratfuck.

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

WampaLord posted:

it's this folks

shocking to see so few goons get this, it's so obvious

The reason I'm guessing Bernie will "lose" NV is because I expect full ratmode. They're going to put dead people down for Pete and poo poo like that.

This is harder to do in a primary than a caucus, so even if he does "lose" NV he can still win every Super Tuesday state except one (maybe Oklahoma) and cinch the nomination. I'm not arzying, it's more that my very low expectations from the DNC have somehow gotten even lower after Iowa.

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

Mind_Taker posted:

Bernie is going to have precinct captains at every Nevada location watching the caucuses like hawks and will accurately record every step of the process. His campaign will probably have the results hours before they are released.

I get the urge to arzy about Nevada because of Iowa but Bernie’s campaign is going to do everything they can to make sure ratfucking is impossible. Trust them, and keep volunteering. Go to Nevada yourself if you can.

Actually yes, hell yes. Bring along a reflective yellow vest, for safety. If they can't cheat Bernie's got this. And, if we can't stop them from cheating and they brazenly do it in sight of everyone like it's 2016 (they probably will), let's turn the 22nd of February into the 22nd of poo poo.

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

Biden anywhere but an overwhelmingly dominant first place in SC destroys the narrative he's been pushing for the last year and is the absolute death of his campaign but in reality he'll be lucky to pull off second place

I posted that before I saw the latest poll numbers.

As long as we call and knock on doors and don't slow down for an instant, I think we know who's going to win SC.

:bernget20:

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

Deified Data posted:

It's gonna be just as close as IA and NH. I'm not saying that to make you panic, I'm saying it so that you remain calm when Bernie fails to build a huge lead there. There will be no huge blowouts for the rest of this primary.

1. If there are no huge blowouts it's a contested convention :derp:
2. I'm looking forward to Bernie's massive wins in Michigan and California

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

Bernie Sanders