Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I never get my subs toasted. :confused:

Then they overheated the meat in that sub. It's when you add heat that it just absorbs moisture and looks like mashed bread.

The meatball sub is the only sub I won't eat. It's tastes like low quality meat products combined with grain, because that's what they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Yeah the quality definitely went downhill. I think Subway is the biggest fast food place in the US, possibly internationally (too lazy to look it up). They have a cheap startup cost and are easy to maintain. Cutting corners is just natural. Although I think a lot of places have done that over the years.

Mods, thread title change please.

done also i very much enjoy being able to see who voted what on threads

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I voted 4. everyone 'fess up.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

UltraRed posted:

Then they overheated the meat in that sub. It's when you add heat that it just absorbs moisture and looks like mashed bread.

The meatball sub is the only sub I won't eat. It's tastes like low quality meat products combined with grain, because that's what they are.

Oh are you talking about the pic? I just pulled that one up in a search.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

done also i very much enjoy being able to see who voted what on threads

How do you do that with the mod tools?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

How do you do that with the mod tools?

hit edit at the top right of an op and then scroll down

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

mod secrets itt

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

hit edit at the top right of an op and then scroll down

Cool, thanks! :thumbsup:

I just went to subway.

Doesn't look too offensive here.

Notice the handful of olives. And this was pretty light this time.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Crusty Nutsack posted:

mod secrets itt

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Cool, thanks! :thumbsup:

I just went to subway.

Doesn't look too offensive here.

Notice the handful of olives. And this was pretty light this time.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

if a sandwich shop does that terrible of a job applying ingredients to their sandwiches evenly, they don't deserve to exist

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol:

edit: belongs in the OP

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

e: ^ :popeye:

this is just the sandwich artisan's take on condiment placement

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

jesus christ lol

Minimal Ass-Piss
Jul 30, 2008

ferroque posted:

all subways smell nasty

Seriously, what the gently caress is that smell? Every single subway I've gone to in the last 10 years has it and it somehow permiates everything. My roommate in college would get subway frequently and I remember being able to smell it walking up the stairs to our apartment whenever he brought home a sandwich . The last time I had subway, my hands had that smell on them for at least a day. What the hell are they using that gives off such a strange stench?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Minimal rear end-Piss posted:

Seriously, what the gently caress is that smell? Every single subway I've gone to in the last 10 years has it and it somehow permiates everything. My roommate in college would get subway frequently and I remember being able to smell it walking up the stairs to our apartment whenever he brought home a sandwich . The last time I had subway, my hands had that smell on them for at least a day. What the hell are they using that gives off such a strange stench?

My hands smell like it right now and I've used hand sanitizer on them.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I have no idea what smell you’re talking about. None of the subways I’ve been to have smelled bad

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I wouldn't say it's necessarily bad, but they all have the same smell. I think it's their bread.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

It's definitely the bread.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Was in Zion Canyon 2 summers ago.

Just came off a speedrun of Angel's Landing. My rear end was kicked.

There's a Subway right outside the park gate. Went to grab a sub and walk back to the hotel. Ordered a Cold Cut Combo. I watched the seasonal girl grab the pre-prepared meat from the meat bin... And then peel off a layer of meat and put it back. I was too tired and confused by that to argue.

That's my Subway story.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

GORDON posted:

I don't know why but I thought this was a gaming thing at first. I think the internet broke my brain.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I went hiking once and had a small camelbak backpack and got a 6" sub, probably a spicy italian, and put it in the pack while I was hiking in the middle of the summer.

It was not a good decision.

I get my woods one with just cheese, ground pepper and southwest sauce (the stuff witht he most preservatives)

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I do find it real weird you can be anywhere in the world and find a subway, probably because they source the food from neighboring restaurants dumpsters.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

GORDON posted:

There's a Subway right outside the park gate. Went to grab a sub and walk back to the hotel. Ordered a Cold Cut Combo. I watched the seasonal girl grab the pre-prepared meat from the meat bin... And then peel off a layer of meat and put it back. I was too tired and confused by that to argue.

That's my Subway story.

That subway has a long and torrid history as a case study for local government.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
noob move: getting lettuce on anything

pro move: getting spinach instead

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The last sub I got from there was a foot-long honey oat, rotisserie chicken, bacon, lettuce, onion, shredded cheese (toasted), and southwest sauce

It was $14 and decent but extremely not worth it

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I love spinach but it makes my teeth feel weird

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
banana peppers are the key to drowning out the taste of disappointment

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

RocktheCaulk posted:

I do find it real weird you can be anywhere in the world and find a subway, probably because they source the food from neighboring restaurants dumpsters.

I was just putting away my christmas tree in the crawlspace, and a subway has opened up down there.

there was a spindly, inattentive, young man behind the counter. however, upon engaging his attention he seemed genial enough. I directed him through the assembly of my cold-cut trio with care. I thought he and I the only ones in the establishment. until I requested banana peppers. "Brenda," shouted the dilletante, "what's banana peppers?" she appeared from the back. her. Brenda. "he means yellow peppers," she rasped, sexily and gravelly. "what?" and then she appeared, the doyenne, purple-hair shorn neatly, irritated, in the later prime of life and perfectly rubenesque. "the yellow ones." she pointed. he put the peppers on the sandwich. she trilled like a songbird "just keep an eye on things, ronny? I'm going out back for awhile."

"okay, look good man?" I looked down at the sandwich, and yes, the sandwich looked good. when I looked back up, Brenda was gone. gone to wherever dreams go, when they dream. I went back to the subway in my crawlspace a couple of times. because it was better than nothing. I wasn't there for anything else; just a sandwich I could get on the go. nothing else. but everytime someone says yellow peppers, I still smell subway in the air.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
Still better than Quiznos. Completely ripoff Subway yet somehow be shittier.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Quiznos is basically dead now but they originally were way better than Subway.

Not a high bar but still.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

mmm

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

I was just putting away my christmas tree in the crawlspace, and a subway has opened up down there.

there was a spindly, inattentive, young man behind the counter. however, upon engaging his attention he seemed genial enough. I directed him through the assembly of my cold-cut trio with care. I thought he and I the only ones in the establishment. until I requested banana peppers. "Brenda," shouted the dilletante, "what's banana peppers?" she appeared from the back. her. Brenda. "he means yellow peppers," she rasped, sexily and gravelly. "what?" and then she appeared, the doyenne, purple-hair shorn neatly, irritated, in the later prime of life and perfectly rubenesque. "the yellow ones." she pointed. he put the peppers on the sandwich. she trilled like a songbird "just keep an eye on things, ronny? I'm going out back for awhile."

"okay, look good man?" I looked down at the sandwich, and yes, the sandwich looked good. when I looked back up, Brenda was gone. gone to wherever dreams go, when they dream. I went back to the subway in my crawlspace a couple of times. because it was better than nothing. I wasn't there for anything else; just a sandwich I could get on the go. nothing else. but everytime someone says yellow peppers, I still smell subway in the air.

thank u for this heartfelt testimonial... truly a blessing

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

sean10mm posted:

Quiznos is basically dead now but they originally were way better than Subway.

Not a high bar but still.
I’m a sucker for bread bowls and they were nearby in the winter. Kinda miss it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I remember the great battle of $5 footlong against Quizno’s $4 Torpedo.

Those small tube shaped sandwich(?) goes smoothly into the mouth without stretching it and much more filling than footlong.

I miss these torpedo alot and wish to know if such things is sold elsewhere. I might make a new thread if no one have any clues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I'd get spinach just from a health standpoint, iceberg is basically water and cellulose, but I like the crunch.

YeahTubaMike posted:

The last sub I got from there was a foot-long honey oat, rotisserie chicken, bacon, lettuce, onion, shredded cheese (toasted), and southwest sauce

It was $14 and decent but extremely not worth it

Wow, I didn't know you could get a sub that expensive unless maybe you add double meat. Is the rotisserie chicken more expensive?

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 13, 2020