Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

edit: new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
This thread awakened the nihilism in me gunna get Wubsay for dinner

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Nyaa posted:

I remember the great battle of $5 footlong against Quizno’s $4 Torpedo.

Those small tube shaped sandwich(?) goes smoothly into the mouth without stretching it and much more filling than footlong.

I miss these torpedo alot and wish to know if such things is sold elsewhere. I might make a new thread if no one have any clues.

Jimmy John's has a small sub like that I think.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Honky Dong Country posted:

The Frenchie from jimmy johns is pretty good

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Is this the long awaited new Eat Fresh thread?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

When I lived near one I always just went with the meat mountain that is the gargantuan because I was a drunken disgusting monster.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I really like it too. since the bread is thinner, it's got a higher crust:insides ratio

also butter+++

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

sharknado slashfic posted:

Is this the long awaited new Eat Fresh thread?

:hai:

EAT FRAAASCH!!!1

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I really like it too. since the bread is thinner, it's got a higher crust:insides ratio

also butter+++

Woah butter? I don't think I've ever seen butter used on almost anything fast food related.

Besides Culver's of course. :smug:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Woah butter? I don't think I've ever seen butter used on almost anything fast food related.

Besides Culver's of course. :smug:

yeah, it's butter spread on the bread, salami, capicola, and provolone. you don't get toppings cause it's only $5 (and meant to be like a French sandwich), but also pretty large.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Quiznos does a roast beef sandwich with au jus that owned. Don't think it was buttered tho.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My favorite sandwich type thing is a French dip. At least to get the au jus.

The Clitoris
Jan 29, 2020

Finding it makes all of your dreams come true
I like how Subway used to do this completely wild thing where they cut a trough out of the bread to stack all the ingredients in. It looked super loving weird but it held everything together way better. Then in the mid nineties they decided it wasn't visually appealing enough and got rid of it. Bring it back!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Honky Dong Country posted:

Thanks, I will keep an eye out!

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

I don't hate subway and the one near my work has two of the fastest sandwich artistes I have ever seen.

The real problem with subway is subway customers who start ordering before they've made up their goddamned mind and can't decide if they want loving olives or not and are trying to order 3 different sandwiches all at the same time :commissar: 1 trip down the line = 1 sandwich go get back in line for those other 2 or something, and get off your damned phone

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

The Clitoris posted:

I like how Subway used to do this completely wild thing where they cut a trough out of the bread to stack all the ingredients in. It looked super loving weird but it held everything together way better. Then in the mid nineties they decided it wasn't visually appealing enough and got rid of it. Bring it back!

You can ask for the u-gouge cut and the artist will perform it for you if they know that tune. There used to be stickers on the sneeze guards that made this all clear

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

My favorite sandwich type thing is a French dip. At least to get the au jus.

I used to like this until the local quiznos served me a sub with the beef still frozen inside. That location is long gone now for some reason...

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

RocktheCaulk posted:

That subway has a long and torrid history as a case study for local government.

I would like to know more.

That town seems slightly... off. We were in an outfitters, renting boots for The Narrows, the next day. There was a mature woman sort of in charge, and maybe this 14 year old boy grabbing us the shoes and stuff. When we were about done, she was, like, asking his name and stuff, and which group was he with? It had a faintly religious feel to it. I dunno.

Do Mormon children go to resort towns en masse, for seasonal work?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Clitoris posted:

I went to subway sometimes during that period and all the time people asked them to cut it the old way.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I don't understand their old cut at all. around here it was always just the thinnest strip of top bread, like an inch wide. so the ingredients practically just laid on top of the bread. it was dumb as hell lol

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah it was pretty bizarre and didn't do much to keep the ingredients in your sandwich.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Wow, I didn't know you could get a sub that expensive unless maybe you add double meat. Is the rotisserie chicken more expensive?

I didn't know I could get a sub that expensive either.

I mean, I live in NYC, and I donate to my change to No Kid Hungry, so both of those are expense factors.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
for a short while they had a decent sauce in the form of garlic aioli but of course the stores near me didn't order any more after they ran out of it

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

for a short while they had a decent sauce in the form of garlic aioli but of course the stores near me didn't order any more after they ran out of it

:clint: aioli? son, just give me some mayo and mustard on my untoasted turkey and AMERICAN cheese

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

YeahTubaMike posted:

I didn't know I could get a sub that expensive either.

I mean, I live in NYC, and I donate to my change to No Kid Hungry, so both of those are expense factors.

Ah, NYC. That'll do it.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Sometimes I go into a subway and ask for a five dollar footlong, just to watch the teens and/or middle aged indian aunties roll their eyes at me and explain to my stupid rear end that that promotion hasn't existed for years.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Right now you can get a $6 foot long by getting two 6" chicken breast sandwiches for $2.99 each.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
The Subway in the Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio sells subs starting at about $8. Read the fine print.... those are 6" subs.

$16 for a Cold Cut Combo at Cedar Point.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Right now you can get a $6 foot long by getting two 6" chicken breast sandwiches for $2.99 each.

That's one extra american dollar, not to mention that a "chicken breast" sandwich is filth fit only for trash

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

GORDON posted:

The Subway in the Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky, Ohio sells subs starting at about $8. Read the fine print.... those are 6" subs.

$16 for a Cold Cut Combo at Cedar Point.

I'd never pay that much for Subway. I have a hard time paying $8 for a foot long.

Subway seems to be far cheaper than any other sandwich place though. It'll always be over $10.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Subway seems to be far cheaper than any other sandwich place though. It'll always be over $10.

you get what you pay for :shrug:

plus I don't think most places have subs that are only 6 inches long? Cousins is 7.5, I think Jimmy John's is 8. Potbelly's might be 6 inches, but they have a bigger size (not double) too. I'm not sure about Firehouse or Quizno's because I've never been to them

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Where can you possibly live that someone can't make a better sandwich than this dump? Are there no delis? Are there no workhouses?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's all more expensive and a whole lot of places don't have sandwich shops. Here it's mostly sit down restaurants. The only take out you'll find is Chinese or maybe a rare burrito place.

I do have a nice Italian deli nearby but I haven't been in there in maybe 10 years. I should check it out. I always hated the smell of that place though and tons of people love it. It smells like sausage went bad or something.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

It's all more expensive and a whole lot of places don't have sandwich shops. Here it's mostly sit down restaurants. The only take out you'll find is Chinese or maybe a rare burrito place.

I do have a nice Italian deli nearby but I haven't been in there in maybe 10 years. I should check it out. I always hated the smell of that place though and tons of people love it. It smells like sausage went bad or something.

you have a few good delis down there, definitely try some of them!

I do understand the convenience and comfort of getting the same crap over and over again, though. you can do ittttt

Kimchi Surplus
Dec 4, 2007

Daddy's out of bourbon...

Snazzy Frocks posted:

noob move: getting lettuce on anything

pro move: getting spinach instead

I wish spinach was an option at Subways here in Korea. I have to do without, sadly. :smith:

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
I must be lucky (and I'm not in any aspect of life except for sandwiches I guess), everywhere I've lived has had at least a couple good or great delis close by. I've had subway maybe half a dozen times and it's a joke.I'm not saying it's inedible but drat it's sad if you don't have a place to get a better grinder around.

Pretty rad dad pad
Oct 13, 2003

People who try to pretend they're superior make it so much harder for those of us who really are. Philistines!
I worked at a subway for a few hours a week this summer, just putting their huge Sysco order away since the teens couldn't be bothered and the aunties mostly couldn't lift their arms very high. Everything in that place came from Sysco which I guess I should have expected but didn't.

The smell of mouldering lettuce from the cooler still haunts me. that stuff got delivered in vacuum bags or something but it still smelled, somehow. Tomatoes were pretty awful, like moldy and full of fruit flies at the point of delivery awful. Don't get the tomatoes on your lovely sandwich imo. Other stuff was generally ok though.

cool job actually, they paid me like $30 an hour cash because the aunties managing it figured out the owner didn't give a crap and wanted to spend as much of his money as possible :shobon:

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Sometimes I go into a subway and ask for a five dollar footlong, just to watch the teens and/or middle aged indian aunties roll their eyes at me and explain to my stupid rear end that that promotion hasn't existed for years.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I wonder if I could open my own sandwich shop and order everything from Sysco that they sell to Subway. I mean, I'd never want to but I wonder if it'd be possible. I bet some of it is exclusive though. I haven't seen those chicken breast.... things... anywhere else before.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

I wonder if I could open my own sandwich shop and order everything from Sysco that they sell to Subway. I mean, I'd never want to but I wonder if it'd be possible. I bet some of it is exclusive though. I haven't seen those chicken breast.... things... anywhere else before.

You have, they just called it "pink slime" and "meat glue". :yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:discourse: