Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The reg choco chip cookies from Subway are pretty good, in my opinion. Does the foot long taste the same or no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

It wasn't $7,000 deli slicers that saved Subway...but just a humble ft long cookie.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Is the cookie also rebranded turkey?

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Rick posted:

I don’t think I could eat a foot of cookie in one setting.

I mean, if they were still using Otis Spunkmeyer and it was white chocolate macadamia nut...

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 19 days!)

apparently the preztel is auntie annes, and the churro is Chinnabon.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

tried the churro today.
yea, its like chinnabon brand.
but its way cheaper.
its only $2?!

The chinnabon churro at the mall is like $5

----------------

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The reg choco chip cookies from Subway are pretty good, in my opinion. Does the foot long taste the same or no?

The footlong cookie is more like a brownie than a cookie. It is good, but it is far too much dessert for any one person to eat.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Anderson Koopa posted:

The footlong cookie is more like a brownie than a cookie. It is good, but it is far too much dessert for any one person to eat.

It is if you're not a coward. :btroll:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The pretzel was pretty bad, sadly. All you really need to make a passible pretzel is to have an outer layer that tastes like the baking soda boil and an inside that is chewy. The chewiness is there because SCIENCE but if you told me the outside was just painted on I'd believe you.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
At least when everyone was doing pretzel buns most of them were just painting it on.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Subway steak has finally dipped to inedible quality even for me, and I've been defending it strongly as semi-sorta edible garbage for years.

----------------

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I still find the "rotisserie style" chicken a decent pretty good option

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Went to Subway for the first time in probably 10 years today. Ordered a spicy Italian and the sandwich artist sighed and said "you mean the hot shot Italiano?" There was contempt in her voice but I couldn't tell if it was for me or the new name of the sandwich.

All of the meat was pre sliced and there was no sign of the big slicer anywhere in the store... I thought that was mandated a while ago? Also thought the veggies tasted vaguely of bleach.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Welcome to Subway! :toot:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Instead of eating at subway I just watch that dude on YouTube that talks about working at his family's subway

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Wait, is that a real thing? Lol

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Yeah

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

https://youtu.be/DSnkU7YrJPY?si=FkfA9zWiBKUO2ZHp

This is the longest video I’ve ever seen by this person, usually they’re like two minutes, but we’ll see how it is

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Nostradingus posted:

Went to Subway for the first time in probably 10 years today. Ordered a spicy Italian and the sandwich artist sighed and said "you mean the hot shot Italiano?" There was contempt in her voice but I couldn't tell if it was for me or the new name of the sandwich.

All of the meat was pre sliced and there was no sign of the big slicer anywhere in the store... I thought that was mandated a while ago? Also thought the veggies tasted vaguely of bleach.

lol, manual slicing has been gone forever.

----------------

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Paid a visit to my nearest Subway establishment this Saturday evening.
Cherry Coke and a sweet onion chicken teriyaki footlong on hearty multigrain.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Worf posted:

https://youtu.be/DSnkU7YrJPY?si=FkfA9zWiBKUO2ZHp

This is the longest video I’ve ever seen by this person, usually they’re like two minutes, but we’ll see how it is

You too daft to embed a video or do you really think people are going to click a random link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSnkU7YrJPY

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

GateOfD posted:

lol, manual slicing has been gone forever.

Wait what? Didn't they just bring it back? Not that I've been to Subway in the last year at least.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

They did... And the video posted even shows the machine in the background... But they don't slice to order... I think they just do it to fill the bin and then stop slicing until they run out. It's not Mr goodcents where they slice it to order.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Wendigee posted:

You too daft to embed a video or do you really think people are going to click a random link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSnkU7YrJPY

I just don't give a poo poo click it or don't

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I've been eating the same subway for 2 weeks now -
Rotisserie style chicken in wheat with provolone spinach and bell peppers doused in ranch

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I've been eating the same subway for 2 weeks now -
Rotisserie style chicken in wheat with provolone spinach and bell peppers doused in ranch

that'll be $10, sir

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I was getting it for 7 bucks as a meal with a coupon until they recently disabled that

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Can you still ask for the classic cut or would you get the deer in the headlights stare?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I was going to see if that Spicy Italian being gone was real, but their web site is down.

RIP

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Philthy posted:

I was going to see if that Spicy Italian being gone was real, but their web site is down.

RIP

Last couple times I ordered a Spicy Italian for my partner, the guy told me it was no longer the Spicy Italian and I should start asking for the Hot Shot Italiano because there will eventually be people working there who don't know what a Spicy Italian is.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Hotshot Italiano is like the epitome of trying too hard

I would say, continue to order a spicy Italian and when they stop understanding their own menu item, you just find somewhere else to eat

They’ll only forget what it means if you let them

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Or you can just tell them thats what you want. I'm forced to use a starbucks for an event every year and I just use small/med/large. No one really cares.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Philthy posted:

Or you can just tell them thats what you want. I'm forced to use a starbucks for an event every year and I just use small/med/large. No one really cares.

How is repeating my suggestion an or statement

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My grandma wanted a meatball sub, the only defensible choice and me, an idiot, decided to try their stampede brisket.

It's legit awful, like hilariously bad.

----------------

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

they have brisket? lol.

you should've gotten the coldcut combo as a meatball alternative.

----------------

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

i had a bad first experience with brisket and it was the foulest thing ever and just makes me gag whenever I think of it

----------------

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

fond memories of the brisket game

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
im a subway defender and i would never in a million loving years even think of trying subway brisket

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Nikumatic posted:

subway brisket

lmao one of the funnier phrases ive seen in awhile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

GateOfD posted:

i had a bad first experience with brisket and it was the foulest thing ever and just makes me gag whenever I think of it

When I think of brisket, I think of the American Dad episode where Stan shits himself cannonballing into a pool after eating greasy brisket, so yeah, I have a slight anti-brisket bias