Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

HGH and Centaur Paintings is back for the 2020 season. Praise be to our league namesake, future Mr. Jennifer Lopez.

This season's theme pays homage to Canada's proud baseball heritage.
Please name your team after poutine, Larry Walker's Spongebob fetish, Montreal's fan base, Pamela Anderson, maple syrup, or literally anything having to do with our beloved neighbors to the north.

:siren: Stupid Special Rules :siren:
There is a :10bux: fee, with the money divvied up 60/30/10 to the first, second, and third place teams respectively. Every year the winner has been paid so your ten dollars are safe with me.
Mandatory 3 Keeper rules. You must keep 3 players before the draft, despite how lovely your roster is. If you don't keep three players I will make you keep one of your relievers.

This is an ESPN league with 80% goons in it. Scoring is Average, Home Runs, RBI, Runs, Walks, and Stolen Bases on offense. Strikeouts, Wins, Saves, Holds, ERA, and WHIP on pitching.

We use the Free Agent Auction System which results in hilarious overpays for waiver wire guys and dudes that get called up for one start and then sent back down.

This is the current roster size. Two seasons ago we added a 4th OF which helped prevent the glut of good OFs sitting on the waiver wire.

Draft Date so far is Sunday, March 15th, at 6:00PM EST. This is a tentative date, we can move it around if it works for no one. So far I've only heard back from three owners, so I'm not sure who is returning and who isn't. As soon as I find out there's an owner not returning I will post the available team below.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gjoa Haven Loonies - Checked in and Paid
Gravitas Bayaguanas - Checked in and Paid
Santiago Tightasses - Checked in and Paid
Pequenos Gigantes - Checked in
San Pedro De Mookies - Checked in
Barone Sanitation - Checked in
Tortugas Caminado - Checked in

Send your :10bux: to senatorjp at yahoo dot com

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 4, 2020

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I'm back in, despite having poor showings the first couple of years. (Tightasses)

Am I crazy or did we change the keepers to 4 players last year?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I'm back in, despite having poor showings the first couple of years. (Tightasses)

You crazy. It's always been 3.

I'm back!

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

I don't know how much everyone else likes our categories, but I think we should combine saves and holds into one category. We could combine AVG and walks into OBP to make sure it stays even. I just think our current systems values mediocre middle relievers too much.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

We added a 4th outfielder 2 seasons ago, is that what you're thinking?

cebrail posted:

I don't know how much everyone else likes our categories, but I think we should combine saves and holds into one category. We could combine AVG and walks into OBP to make sure it stays even. I just think our current systems values mediocre middle relievers too much.

I like the way they are but if people want to change I'm open to it.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Paid!

Oh man, I am gonna miss some of these guys

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I'm open to just about any scoring changes. OBP is a fun stat and HLD would still be included.

It looks like the new alignment would devalue... three true outcome hitters?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I think I was conflating this with a Goon football league I was in that went from 2 to 3 keepers.

Carry on!

(Who gets my :10bux:?)

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Someone via email requested we move the draft up one hour earlier. Is that okay with everyone? It's so far out I know I have nothing going on that day except drafting.

I will take your $10 please email it to my paypal account at senatorjp at yahoo dot com thanks buddy.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm in again and anytime on that Sunday works for me.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Paypal sent

edit: drafting one hour earlier is even better for me so I say let's do it!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
OK changing it to one hour earlier, it works better for me, too. Thanks guys.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay I think I haven't heard from three of you. I'm going through my emails and I'm not sure who hasn't checked in yet. Please let me know if you're coming back or else I'll have to find new owners.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

got your email. I'm in again (pequenos gigantes)

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

I‘m in as well, my team is San Pedro de Mookie

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
YESSSS we are all full, then!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

My proposal: draft as normal this weekend. Be prepared for like a 100 game season that begins June 1. If the season begins but is abandoned later in the year, whoever is in first at that time is champ.

And be prepared for the idea that the season may never start at all.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Are we having the draft? I will participate if we do. Gotta say my heart's not really in it rn though...

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

I probably won't be able to make it if we draft this sunday, but if you guys want to go through with it I'll gladly autodraft and send the :10bux: and participate in whatever kind of season we'll get

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was planning on drafting as usual. Everything sucks right now so it will be a welcome distraction.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

cebrail posted:

I probably won't be able to make it if we draft this sunday, but if you guys want to go through with it I'll gladly autodraft and send the :10bux: and participate in whatever kind of season we'll get

Ugh you're going to draft so many injured Yankees :(

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

fully prepared for chaos season

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gentle reminder to select your keepers an hour before the draft!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Trying to cram in an offseason's worth of research today, after not thinking about baseball for like a month... :owned:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

Trying to cram in an offseason's worth of research today, after not thinking about baseball for like a month... :owned:

Same. Same.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also I had to choose San Pedro De Mookies keepers, I went with the three highest ADP just for full disclosure.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I hope our LM comes back, cause he's a cool dude and I like this league.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I got a new name, sorry been meaning to post in here. I cannot edit the OP now though :lol:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

drat, we lost our LM! Can't believe there's gonna be a season

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Is there even going to be a season? I can't remember who paid their dues, it's been so long.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

We are 2 weeks out! (God willing). What is our status? Our commish got banned, did he re-reg under another name?

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

We are 2 weeks out! (God willing). What is our status? Our commish got banned, did he re-reg under another name?

Yes I am him. Are games even going to happen?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Well its insane but it sure looks like there will be baseball games played this year. Haven't paid much attention to training camp news etc, but I made some key waiver wire additions and set my lineups so lets do this

I will send in my :10bux: on the day the first game is played. Cause I still don't 100% believe this is happening

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

If anyone hasn't changed their name to a Canadian themed name, now there are a ton of new hilarious possibilities after the Blue Jays got denied permission to play :lol:

The Pussy Boss posted:

Well its insane but it sure looks like there will be baseball games played this year. Haven't paid much attention to training camp news etc, but I made some key waiver wire additions and set my lineups so lets do this

I will send in my :10bux: on the day the first game is played. Cause I still don't 100% believe this is happening

Yeah if the season does not play to completion I will just send everyone the money back. Twice this offseason I almost returned it already because I'm still skeptical any baseball is being played.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Lol time to check out my team I guess. Will be sending the :10bux: posthaste

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I cannot edit the original post because Bernie Sanders betrayed me. Here's the updated list:

Rand alPaul posted:

Gjoa Haven Loonies - Checked in and Paid
Gravitas Bayaguanas - Checked in and Paid
Santiago Tightasses - Checked in and Paid
Pequenos Gigantes - Checked in
San Pedro De Mookies - Checked in and Paid
Barone Sanitation - Checked in
Tortugas Caminado - Checked in

Send your :10bux: to senatorjp at yahoo dot com

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

General Bullshit posted:

I cannot edit the original post because Bernie Sanders betrayed me. Here's the updated list:

I paid in Feb. No Conduzca Borrechera

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I have absolutely no memory of there even being a draft. Did we do a draft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

I paid in Feb. No Conduzca Borrechera

Ok you're right I got Gravitas listed twice instead of you (the old team name and the new one) let me fix it.