Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I doubt Kangaroo is Natalie Inbruglia. Same with Monster and Molly Ringwald.

I don't think it is her, but Monster sounds like Wanda Sykes to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
:colbert:

Told you so.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

gandlethorpe posted:

I really wanna get into this show as a fan of singing and cute costumes, but Jenny McCarthy repulses me. Can they do a version where she's edited out? Is her presence at least mostly ignorable?

I find it unfathomable that she is on this show. She is known to be an insane anti-vaccer who has caused a ton of damage. Yet she is given this highly public job? It sucks.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, I'm gonna go w/ no on that, too.

My guess for taco is Dana Carvey.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Nope. That didn't happen.

Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope.

Nope.

And my guess for Astronaut is Harry Potter. And Swan, Buffy. (my guess before the judges said it.)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dell_Zincht posted:

I think Astronaut could be Tom Felton. He released a song called "Hawaii" in 2010, is often considered a heart-throb and is definitely "Far from Home" as his "hometown" is in the UK. Finally, he definitely started at a young age, appearing in adverts before his film debut in 1997.

The was my 2nd guess but I didn't know his name.

I just went w/ Harry because of how he moves. Some of his physical gestures remind me.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's obviously rigged. Doesn't matter who goes home. It's obvious just from watching the show and the judges guesses and rationalizations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I agree that Astronaut is JGL. I read your prediction and when I heard 500 I was like...yup. And the voice sounds like him, too.

Trex is gone next week. She's awful. Moves around a lot but might be the worst singer since Chong.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think Night Angel has the worst mask of any contestant in the 3 seasons so far. I find it really disturbing. Great singer, but I hope she is gone soon so I don't have to look at it any more.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I actually enjoyed Gronks performance in this ep more than any of the others. He had to go, but I wouldn't have minded him staying one more week.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is Wrestlemania happening?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I was thinking about this while watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LFq4VLWPJQ

And I still think that this has been the best performance of the show. And if he had done it in the finale he would have won.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm guessing they ran out of episodes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How are they keeping the results under wraps with 200+ people in the audiences?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That makes no sense. We've seen singers without their masks singing with audience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGqk1K6eNaI&t=389s

First one I looked at. You can see him w/ no mask and the audience.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dell_Zincht posted:

Funny how there's no wide shots of that audience with Rob in frame, isn't it?

Funny how you're :wrong:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDOMWK2spIw&t=86s

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You said no studio audience. The clips I posted clearly show a studio audience. A phoney one is possible, but is still an audience.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dell_Zincht posted:

Oh my god semantics.

Haha, your av shows you're clearly not worth arguing about this with.

Yeah, someone in the bitcoin thread won't shut up, ie: 20 posts a page, and is upset I put him on ignore.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't think Rhino is Zito. Zito is from Los Angeles and is only around 6'2. It's an interesting guess. But Rhino looks to be around 6'5 and has a bit of a southern drawl.

This was another episode where I am pretty sure Nicole got a whisper in her ear for her final guess and then was out of nowhere correct.

I think the order from here on out will be:

Kitty
Rhino

Frog/Turtle/Night Angel in the finale.

Turtle wins.

Also, Astronauts voice got much better when he wasn't behind that shield. I was surprised by how much better he sung when he was freed up to move properly. Frog seems to have consistently put on the best performances since Donny Osmond except he can't sing. So I don't think he will win.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Rhino done next week.

Turtle is best all around.
Night Angel best voice
Frog is crowd favorite.

Rhino is...tall? Shrug.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Welp. I started thinking it was Zito during this last episode when I noticed something stupid:

The Zito pics he is in a generic/nothing uniform. Why would he have special pictures taken in a non-uniform for any other reason other than so they have a recent picture of him to display when people did their "guesses." Dunno if that makes sense. But most pics they show of people are just normal pics you'd find on GIS or whatever. But that Zito pic is just strange for someone who has 1000s of pics of him in Giants and A's unis.

So something new to look for.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Crusty Nutsack posted:

FINALE

ARE YOU PUMPED for the season to be over? I am

I'm pumped for it to be over. Not sure if I want to watch any more after this.

Completely sick of Ken. Annoyed at the transparency of the show.

I think it should go to a live broadcast. 6pm PST, 9pm EST. As it is now, it's just a matter of time before people get sick of all the "tv show" aspects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
NA was great tonight. Also, I changed my guess when I realized a woman hadn't won yet so I said: NA gonna win, and then Nicole says the same thing.

Did anyone notice her victory song looked to be pre-recorded? It didn't look like she was actually singing what we were hearing. That's not saying she wasn't singing, but it looked off just enough that my head went: this was recorded in the studio.

I'd like to see a season that is just big name singers. Janet, Madonna, Sting, Sheeran, and their ilk. Have them try to disguise their voices.