Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Oh god the panel are extra loving annoying this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

Nope. That didn't happen.

Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope.

Nope.

And my guess for Astronaut is Harry Potter. And Swan, Buffy. (my guess before the judges said it.)

I think Astronaut could be Tom Felton. He released a song called "Hawaii" in 2010, is often considered a heart-throb and is definitely "Far from Home" as his "hometown" is in the UK. Finally, he definitely started at a young age, appearing in adverts before his film debut in 1997.

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Mar 14, 2020

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Pretty much everyone on the internet seems to think Astronaut is Hunter Hayes.

As a Brit, I have no idea who he is but by looking at his Wikipedia absolutely none of the clues so far seem to fit if it is him.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Haha T-Rex was loving awful

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Hah, Gronk gets eliminated one week away from being the host of WWE Wrestlemania.

Yeah, this show isn't fixed at all.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

Is Wrestlemania happening?

Over two nights, already taped from the WWE Performance Center with no audience, lol

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I don't think it aired in the USA, or if anybody watched it via other means, but the UK version was just so much better in every single aspect.

It was still pre-recorded, and seemed to have a much smaller production budget than the USA version, but everything about it just seemed a bit more...honest? Like our host actually told us that the characters performing in the clue packages weren't actually the celebs, and the audience weren't made to do the stupid character chants (with accompanying cringeworthy hand motions!) after each performance, and the panelists didn't act QUITE so dumb about their guesses (Ken Jeong notwithstanding) but the biggest shock of all is that the UK version actually got rid of the worst singers early on, for the most part.

I mean our winner was Queen Bee, who sang THIS as her first song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MviBWnDOorw

It's strange. I like watching the US version, but it's like watching Kitchen Nightmares USA. The formula is very similar, but it just seems so much more....fake.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Yeah the actual reveal isn't shown to the studio audience, the reactions are manufactured just like pretty much everything else.

It was the same for the UK version, apparently.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

That makes no sense. We've seen singers without their masks singing with audience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGqk1K6eNaI&t=389s

First one I looked at. You can see him w/ no mask and the audience.

Funny how there's no wide shots of that audience with Rob in frame, isn't it?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

Funny how you're :wrong:

Not wrong about the Rob video you posted though, clearly.

Also, the article Pinterest Mom posted.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

You said no studio audience. The clips I posted clearly show a studio audience. A phoney one is possible, but is still an audience.

Oh my god semantics.

Haha, your av shows you're clearly not worth arguing about this with.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I think it's pretty obvious that Frog is going to win.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

KilGrey posted:

You have this in the UK? Has John Borrowman been on yet? He seems like a good candidate for this show.

One of my early guesses for Unicorn in the UK version was Barrowman. It turned out to be Jake friggin' Shears.

We think there's going to be a second series as despite getting mauled by the critics, it got REALLY good ratings.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

somekindofguy posted:

I can link some of the versions if people are interested.

Please do, i've seen clips of the German version, I don't understand why other countries can't do it with a live format. I was sure the UK version was going to be live as we have strict guidelines on voting for things on TV, but then it was just the studio audience that voted and it all seemed a bit pointless watching along at home, guessing who the audience will have voted out each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

ghost emoji posted:

I want a season with no professional singers. Just a bunch of hockey players and game show hosts or whatever.