Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The wedges were their only selling point and they're discontinued now? wtf :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

BigFactory posted:

A million years ago kfc had something called a twister wrap that was pretty good but I haven’t eaten kfc since then.

We still have Twister Wraps in the UK, they're great. The BBQ one is the best IMO

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The best thing to get in canada is the 5$ fill up.

flatbread sandwich

popcorn chicken

small fries

chocolate chip cookie

and a drink

(you can swap the drink for a gravy which is what I do if I'm taking it home cause then I can put cheese curds and make my own poutine)

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I just assume you're drinking the gravy instead of a coke.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
"you can swap the drink for a gravy" is a good summary of this forum

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Only God can judge me and He has far more sins to answer for

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

YeahTubaMike posted:

The wedges were their only selling point and they're discontinued now? wtf :mad:

yeah rip

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I ordered the now and later deep fried trendies a week ago. They took 18 minutes after I got to the receiving window and they were still cold. I didn’t know what to expect, but gently caress me :smith:

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I decided to go in on an order of KFC yesterday. I was really hungry, so went for the 4 piece chicken tender combo instead of the 3 piece.

The 3 piece tender is:
3 tenders
fries
biscuit
drink

for $5

The 4 piece tender is:
4 tenders
fries
biscuit
drink

for $7.50

You are paying 2.50 for a single chicken tender what the gently caress. First time I got KFC in a long while, and last time I will order it again for a long while.

Also they gave me the wrong drink. And no sauces.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
this thread is loving wild

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Clearly the solution here is to get 2 of the $5 combos

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
When I get sick I get a hankering for the chicken pot pie. That's it.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

Clearly the solution here is to get 2 of the $5 combos

It is a mistake that I will not make twice.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Had the spicy famous chicken sandwich for lunch, not bad at all. Good breading though with a breast that thick they could stand to butterfly the thing to increase breading surface area then fold it back on itself- that would give them the edge over Popeyes 100%. They didn’t have the spicy popcorn chicken :mad:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i know people look down on the sides but for some weird reason i really dig the mashed potatoes and gravy at KFC. love it. also i can totally gruffle a plate full of original recipe drumsticks.

anyway how are we at page three and nobody's posted the patton oswalt bits on KFC??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaerR-aB57Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_EYIujmORs

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Getting rid of the wedges is bullshit. I tried the new fries, and i couldn't stomach it. I was hosed up for hours just because of the fries alone

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i know people look down on the sides but for some weird reason i really dig the mashed potatoes and gravy at KFC. love it. also i can totally gruffle a plate full of original recipe drumsticks.

anyway how are we at page three and nobody's posted the patton oswalt bits on KFC??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaerR-aB57Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_EYIujmORs

I really like KFC mash and gravy. I sub it in even for the things where the side is supposed to be fries. Their mac and cheese is not bad too.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

sean10mm posted:

KFC was maybe still good fast food chicken 20+ years ago or whatever, but it's pure trash now.

Apparently the original stuff from when the colonel was still alive & kicking was fantastic.

Yeah real Nashville hot chicken is genuinely good and has a unique flavor profile that isn't just "die motherfucker" unless you order one of the top heat levels they have as a joke.

Copycat hot chicken is almost always pure poo poo. Hell, hot chicken in Nashville sold by a place that isn't a hot chicken place specifically will probably taste like rear end too.

original stuff is still being made at a place called Claudia Sanders' dinner house in Shelbyville, KY. It was the second KFC after he shut down the one in Corbin before it got franchised and it was excluded from the deal.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Got lunch from here for the first time in a long while, and the new spicy chicken sandwich was... actually pretty drat good? Not Popeyes quality but surprisingly close.

Ditto with the fries, they're about as salty as the old wedges but now they have some drat flavor and texture to boot

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
The KFC mashed potatoes and gravy is a gluey paste and I love it. I get it as my side every single time I go there... which is quite rare.

I miss the Twister with the Zinger sauce. :saddowns:

----------------

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

BaconCopter posted:

KFC Nashville Hot Chicken

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I didn't order them on purpose but I ended up with the fries and they honestly are okay. Not exactly what I'm looking for, but they remind me of Chicken in a Biskit kind of which is something Ilike.

Usually when I go to KFC what I actually want out of the transaction is mashed potatoes, especially now that all the close ones have closed, so I don't anticipate ever ordering them on purpose but it's good to know there is now a third side that I won't just throw out if it ends up in my bag for some reason now.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

BaconCopter posted:

KFC Hashville Not Chicken

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Rick posted:

I didn't order them on purpose but I ended up with the fries and they honestly are okay. Not exactly what I'm looking for, but they remind me of Chicken in a Biskit kind of which is something Ilike.

Usually when I go to KFC what I actually want out of the transaction is mashed potatoes, especially now that all the close ones have closed, so I don't anticipate ever ordering them on purpose but it's good to know there is now a third side that I won't just throw out if it ends up in my bag for some reason now.

I like the first five or so fries, but they feel so weird if you also got chicken. the fries and the breading have the same or really similar seasoning.

I like to dip the chicken tenders into gravy and mashed potato, so maybe if i didn't order any chicken and just dipped fries into gravy and mash I would like it? But then you are dipping solid potato into wet potato and maybe that would be weird.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Potato crimes

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Probably the answer is "years ago" but when did the coleslaw change from the neon green stuff to a more regular coleslaw colour? It's still good but a bit different, and the old stuff was one of the main reasons I went to KFC.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Recently had KFC for the first time in years, it was surprisingly decent from a basic "this chicken tastes like chicken" POV but when the gently caress did they stop using any seasonings? 11 herbs and spices my rear end, it was bland as gently caress.

:wtc:

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Once in a great while I'll get nostalgic for the KFC chicken, but I can't seem to appreciate it maybe more than once a year.

Their usual draw for me are the sadness bowls and the usual sides. Their fries are kinda good, too.

Then I had their chicken sandwich a couple days ago and now I'm addicted. It's like those sliders from a few years ago but bigger and juicier with the right amount of crunch. I have a 2 for $6 coupon tempting me to binge.

It's like someone upstairs had the brilliant idea to just ignore their main attraction and try different things and it's paying off.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

sean10mm posted:

Recently had KFC for the first time in years, it was surprisingly decent from a basic "this chicken tastes like chicken" POV but when the gently caress did they stop using any seasonings? 11 herbs and spices my rear end, it was bland as gently caress.

:wtc:

I think some places must've finally got the hint about salt content because I've had a few experiences like that where it seems like the salt has been toned down in a lot of food, and they haven't replaced it with anything.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Wendys also has that problem. no matter when i go now, there's maybe a 1 in 10 chance the fries are salted. it's weird as gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn8KfYOOEuc

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Got a Facebook advertisement for a specific KFC franchise about 15 miles away. I have no clue why it would advertise me that specific location, I have never been there and haven't lived on that side of the metro in several years, but I've spent the past ten minutes or so thinking nonstop about KFC, so I guess they won

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Kfc used to be the bomb on a diet, I miss the grilled chicken.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Teenage Riot posted:

Got a Facebook advertisement for a specific KFC franchise about 15 miles away. I have no clue why it would advertise me that specific location, I have never been there and haven't lived on that side of the metro in several years, but I've spent the past ten minutes or so thinking nonstop about KFC, so I guess they won

Given all the KFCs that have closed the past year I think they're probably fighting to keep traffic up to stay in business.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Jinh posted:

Kfc used to be the bomb on a diet, I miss the grilled chicken.

At basically any general-rear end sit-down restaurant you can get grilled chicken breast as your meat/protein portion. It's cheap, easy to prep, fast to cook.

More fast food places should have it as a thing. On a bun. In a salad. Atop a "power bowl."

It's some of the cheapest meat you can throw at a customer. It's probably more expensive than pink slime or ground meat with fillers or a small piece of meat encased in a giant delicious crunchy prison of batter/breading.

I miss the KFC grilled chicken and wish more places had this option. Seems like it has been edged out by meatless versions like the impossible burger and friends.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
If you are in a place with a healthy amount of hispanic people there is always grilled chicken from one of those places, truly the bomb.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Rick posted:

If you are in a place with a healthy amount of hispanic people there is always all kinds of stuff from one of those places, truly the bomb.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The KFC nearest me hasn't had tenders for weeks now due to this supply chain bullshit!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

My KFC has tenders again and I got the 3pc NASHVILLE HOT meal and they used a lot of sauce, really served it WET so I ate it with a fork!

It was good.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

BaconCopter posted:

KFC Nashville Hot Chicken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm a gross idiot that likes disgusting things and I still can't bring myself to try the double down

----------------