Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BaconCopter posted:

KFC Nashville Hot Chicken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Anyone want to get some Beyond KFC? All plant based chicken that's neither vegetarian or vegan because it's still cooked with and in the same oil as the regular chicken :lol:

Also... South Park beat them to it?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Just peeped this on the KFC homepage. Are they giving people fountain sodas in plastic bags?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Tea probably? I've seen similar before but only ever with tea or lemonade

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i still have no god drat clue why they changed the potato wedges to fries

like, who was out there talking about how much they hated wedges and wished that kfc served regular fries instead? :psyduck:

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

They're still good, though

I like the beer-batter-y-ness of them

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

BaconCopter posted:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That Kentucky Scorcher sandwich they have going on now isn't even a little bit hot. What gives, KFC?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Did they change the tenders?

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I had a KFC chicken sandwich for lunch and all the signs and marquees about how they make those fresh for each order definitely did not seem accurate to me.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Holy moly anyone seen the Chicken Tenders Bucket For One?

- Three piece tenders
- Popcorn chicken
- Two sides
- Biscuit
- Drink
- A SHAMEFUL two dipping sauces for all that chicken

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
May have to check that out.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
I like that it’s up to 2000 calories, like that was the cutoff to still qualify “for one”

:sax: :drum: :guitar:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Chief McHeath posted:

Holy moly anyone seen the Chicken Tenders Bucket For One?

- Three piece tenders
- Popcorn chicken
- Two sides
- Biscuit
- Drink
- A SHAMEFUL two dipping sauces for all that chicken

drat they had a Chicken Sandwich box (whatever they call their value box) that had less food than that and I tapped out on it and saved a side and the cookie for later.

muscles like this! posted:

I had a KFC chicken sandwich for lunch and all the signs and marquees about how they make those fresh for each order definitely did not seem accurate to me.

I definitely think they're playing fast and loose with "fresh" since it's the only item you don't have to go park and wait for at my local kfc.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Might be sacrilege in this thread but I don't think anything intended for a single person should be marketed as a bucket.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

That same bucket is 15 bucks local here jfc.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I haven't had extra crispy KFC in years, because well Popeye's but what's your opinions?

----------------

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

If you're getting KFC, I along with most people I know prefer the extra crispy to the original, so that's what I would get between the two for sure if that answers the question. I enjoy it even if it's part nostalgia and even if there is admittedly better stuff out there.

It's probably been a year or two since I have had it as well though, and just as long the time before that, which is disappointing when you get that occasional below average batch and it's been that long. If it's good, I like it for what it is, extra batter extra crispy fried chicken.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i got the four piece combo from kfc on wednesday for lunch. original recipe. diet pepsi.

the chicken was real good, hitting them up at lunchtime was obviously the pro move.

gotta go back some time and get stupid with some large sides though. the small mashed potatoes side is convenient what with having the gravy already mixed in, but there's no substitute for having a fuckin' tub of that tangy kfc gravy.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I wonder if I like KFC more than most here because I get original recipe. If I want crispy chicken i just go to popeyes.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
why doesn't kfc make original recipe tenders who is dropping the ball on this

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
tbh i bet the original would tend to fall off the tenders. but i still want to try it

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
KFCs lobby was closed for over a year and then they hit me with this makeover.

Also this picture of the Colonel on a camel.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

SKVLK posted:

KFCs lobby was closed for over a year and then they hit me with this makeover.

Colonel Strangelove

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Mein Colonel, I can fry!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Any Canadians tried that new gravy sandwich? It looks like poutine on a bun and, yes please.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/kfcs-gravy-lovers-sandwich

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
When are we seeing the return of the Double Down? That was the greatest chicken sandwich and if they brought it back, it would win "the chicken sandwich war".

Also, when is the cartoon colonel coming back to tell me about polkay mon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPTkZa476Pk

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

TelevisedInsanity posted:

When are we seeing the return of the Double Down? That was the greatest chicken sandwich and if they brought it back, it would win "the chicken sandwich war".

blame the "health-conscious" people who think the double down is unhealthy even tho they order poo poo from the rest of the menu that's even more unhealthy

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Holy crap, they brought back the Twister Wrap. Well, an "updated" version of them.

They have a normal and a spicy one. Gunna grab one of each for lunch today. The original Twister was really good and I got it once a week.

Now if they'd bring back wedge fries.

Edit: It looks like it's $5 for two of them? Those gunna be some tiny rear end wraps maybe. The original was quite large and more than enough for a meal on it's own.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Feb 6, 2023

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Trip report.

I bought 4 because I had a goon moment.

The two normal ones were laughably tiny. A chicken tender sticking out of this tiny wrap. They tasted good. But for $5? lmao

The two spicy slaw ones were about twice as big, and messy as hell. They were worth the $5, IMO. Tasty, barely spicy. But I love slaw.

Are they the new and updated Twister Wrap? Not in a million years.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

lol at buying American KFC in 2023 when it's clear the coloniel sold everything out to Canada and the UK before he died.

Another day in the life of Randabis...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

KFC is getting rid of popcorn chicken which is loving ridiculous. Also (even though I don't eat it) this leaves the Famous Bowl in limbo since that was the chicken in it.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

try our new bone-in famous bowls

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

the honey peach mountain dew from kfc is actually deserving of the ridiculous love that the terrible, terrible baja blast gets and no one will ever read this and get mad about it because that is how little anyone cares about kfc

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I’ve only had it once but I agree that it is very good.

Only once because Zaxby’s is directly across the street, and well.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

8-piece bucket for :10bux: is live

ChickenBuckets
Sep 18, 2017

YeahTubaMike posted:

kfc biscuits > popeyes biscuits :colbert:

You have to try the Japanese KFC biscuits if you ever get to Japan or Okinawa sometime, they are like mini doughnuts.

ChickenBuckets fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 24, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wtf

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

drat Japanese KFC got dole whips??