Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Went to a 24-hour KFC in Seoul and I just wanna say they still got the Double Down and it is overpowering. I couldn't unhinge my jaw appropriately to eat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenBuckets
Sep 18, 2017

Fartington Butts posted:

drat Japanese KFC got dole whips??

They also have a chicken-lobster goopy cheeder cheese sammich.

ChickenBuckets
Sep 18, 2017

Doc Fission posted:

Went to a 24-hour KFC in Seoul and I just wanna say they still got the Double Down and it is overpowering. I couldn't unhinge my jaw appropriately to eat it.

They are pretty good, I could have sworen that they add some kind of soy sauce flavoring to their chicken.

ChickenBuckets fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 28, 2023

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

kfc is a national holiday in japan

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

muscles like this! posted:

KFC is getting rid of popcorn chicken which is loving ridiculous. Also (even though I don't eat it) this leaves the Famous Bowl in limbo since that was the chicken in it.

They brought back the mac n cheese bowls, finally, but now they have sliced tenders in them instead. not the same.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Nikumatic posted:

the honey peach mountain dew from kfc is actually deserving of the ridiculous love that the terrible, terrible baja blast gets and no one will ever read this and get mad about it because that is how little anyone cares about kfc

It is nectar from the gods, it's ridiculous how good it is. Far and away the best MD derivative.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The Double Down on March 6

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I promise I will get the Double Down

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I really hosed up not getting KFC when I visited Japan.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Chief McHeath posted:

I promise I will get the Double Down

I will also and post a review in this thread.
:toxx:

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I wonder if I will be able to order it since my the local KFC does not like when people go to their store.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Rick posted:

I wonder if I will be able to order it since my the local KFC does not like when people go to their store.

My local KFC is also like walking in to a wild west saloon

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i kinda like how some of them are devolving into little hole in the wall fried chicken joints

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

im not sure ive ever actually had KFC and i consider myself somewhat of a fried chicken aficionado. how disappointed will i be?

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
the chicken isn't bad, honestly. the breading has a good flavor to it and the chicken quality has always been decent. the sides are pretty much all rear end at this point, so dont have any expectations on those going in. or their rock hard biscuits.

the only chicken ive ever been disappointed with is chick-fil-a, it had no flavor, and im not going back to try it again because there are enough decent chicken joints around i can tell them to eat poo poo

Philthy fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Mar 3, 2023

P_T_S
Aug 28, 2009

Nikumatic posted:

the honey peach mountain dew from kfc is actually deserving of the ridiculous love that the terrible, terrible baja blast gets and no one will ever read this and get mad about it because that is how little anyone cares about kfc

Q_res posted:

It is nectar from the gods, it's ridiculous how good it is. Far and away the best MD derivative.

Degeneracy. Sweet Lightning is disgusting and you all should feel bad.

Unrelated: KFC is better outside the USA.

Cole slaw and green beans are the best sides, the mashed potatoes are reconstituted from flakes and taste like garbage.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

im not sure ive ever actually had KFC and i consider myself somewhat of a fried chicken aficionado. how disappointed will i be?

It's decent enough. They're pressure-fried rather than deep fry (or pan fry if you're comparing it to mom and pop places) so the texture is a bit different. But it's usually a pretty consistent product as long as you are going to one busy enough to not be able to let their chicken sit all day or to be frozen a long time before prep.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Had a doubledown yesterday, they hiked the price considerably from 9 years ago, but they also used the big honkin chicken they started using in their sandwiches like 2-3 years ago. I had to unhinge my jaw like a snake to take bites lol. The thing is fuckin huge, like 12-14oz. The spicy version has a really enjoyable heat to it with a lot of flavor, and the bacon was crispy without being crumbly.

All in all 8/10 will eat again this month before it goes away again. I hope they don't wait 10 years to bring it back, maybe every 2-3 like the McRib.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Yeah, looks decently sized

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doGB7PZDee0

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Had one yesterday, can verify that it's a hefty bit of yardbird.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
ate one today. pretty good, same as I remember it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tried the new snack wraps today and I don't know if it was a store issue but they were pretty loving dire. Overcooked chicken and rock hard tortillas.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
My father died yesterday and today I went to KFC and got a double down. It was pretty good and very much on par with except twice the price as the OG. I don't know if these things are related. There is a lack of mental health services here in the United States. We were pretty much estranged but I think the KFC Double Down is helping me to process my father's death. 8/10

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I'm sorry for your loss but happy for your gain

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Wilkins Micawber posted:

My father died yesterday and today I went to KFC and got a double down. It was pretty good and very much on par with except twice the price as the OG. I don't know if these things are related. There is a lack of mental health services here in the United States. We were pretty much estranged but I think the KFC Double Down is helping me to process my father's death. 8/10

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
I'm at a KFC in Abidjan, Côte D'Ivoire.

Open 24 hours
It is very clean
The only side is fries
No double down
There are a lot of people here

I haven't had KFC in years but hopes are high

E; wait time was atrocious, fries were unsalted, no salt to be found

11/10 chicken though

Car Hater fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 26, 2023

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The new nugs are Chik-A-Fil style which is small but thick, not big "boneless wings" looking things like the commercials. They are very close in flavor to Popeyes nuggets.

I would probably stick with tenders when I'm on the move and regular chicken when I can get it home.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Surprised how good the BBQ chicken sandwhich is, just needs a bit more of thar sauce and it would be perfect

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
KFC Nashville Hot Chicken

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Surprised how good the BBQ chicken sandwhich is, just needs a bit more of thar sauce and it would be perfect

Yeah agreed, everything goes together really nicely.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

BaconCopter posted:

KFC Nashville Hot Chicken

Definitely

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

KFC 3 piece with mac and coleslaw and some hot sauce makes for a fine finger lickin meal

----------------

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jul 21, 2023

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
tried the ultimate bbq chicken sandwich.

The app only allows to pick up your orders inside to "bypass the line at the drive-thru". I've never, ever, seen a line at a KFC drive-thru. If there WAS a line, I'd suspect something fishy was up. I'm not getting out of my car for KFC today, so I just ordered without the App at the drive-thru. Why even have an app at this point.

It was smushed, and only had a dab of BBQ. The chicken patty was big, but why bother.

Shoulda had Popeyes.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
There was a period a couple years ago where KFCs were very crowded. Maybe the chicken wars were the tide that lifted all ships. But it's dead as heck now yeah.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

KFC - Shoulda had Popeyes.

I feel like the pickup in store bullshit is some trend fast food places are trying to do. And for some reason the Fast Food chains that don't need it, are the ones adopting it the hardest.

----------------

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, it's solving a problem none of them have.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

it's so the app datamines your phone while your food sits out there in the countertop

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I’ve been going to the same KFC for 30 years at this point. I’ve recently gone through the drive thru twice, tried to order an expensive-rear end five piece tender meal and been told “we have no tenders”. I don’t know why it’s run so poorly.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

wow as late as at least 2019 according to google photos the kfc i knew growing up still had the buffet

i can tell its still there in the more recent photos but not whether or not its in use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

KFC fries are actually the best fast food fries