Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This might be a Canadian deal but there's a free six piece bucket with $15 purchase in the app right now. #blessed

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Aug 19, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

JSmithOTI posted:

KFC fries are actually the best fast food fries

the wedges were in the running for sure, whatever they have now is eh

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Mashed potatoes and gravy supremacy.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The fries remind me of Chicken in a Biskit so I like them.

But yeah I am getting gravy and mash most of the time.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i never thought the wedges were any good

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

I don't think I've had the wedges before, or if so it's been years. Maybe it's just my particular KFC, but the fries are usually hot and crispy AF every time. Go-to is the original chicken sandwich, but the new bbq one looks real good. I don't think their mayo for the sandwich is that great, but it's fine I guess.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Chief McHeath posted:

i never thought the wedges were any good

I haven't had them in like over a decade, and the seasoning was pretty good, but they were usually mushy and soggy with a few old and dried ones mixed in, a product of sitting under a warmer and simultaneously steaming in the middle and drying out on the edges of the bin for extended periods. For the record I don't really like steak fries, and shorter length seasoned steak fries is basically what I remember them being. I was never a fan but maybe they are better now.

Szyznyk posted:

Rick posted:

But yeah I am getting gravy and mash most of the time.

Like I know the mashed potatoes and gravy there aren't "good" but there's something unique about it that I enjoy, so yeah, that's my go-to.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Sporking out mashed potatoes and gravy onto a biscuit, taking a bite, then filling the bite hole with yet more mashed potatoes and gravy is double carb greatness.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
please be considerate of the environment and understand that the biscuit is the mashed potatoes and gravy utensil at kfc: save a spork, save a turtle

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Nikumatic posted:

please be considerate of the environment and understand that the biscuit is the mashed potatoes and gravy utensil at kfc: save a spork, save a turtle

I’ve had the same spork in my work truck for like six years. I make a mockery of the concept of single use plastics.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

KFC Nashville Hot Chicken

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

This might be a Canadian deal but there's a free six piece bucket with $15 purchase in the app right now. #blessed

drat that's a great deal, thanks for posting

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Szyznyk posted:

:bravo:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

8 spicey chicken wings double breaded in extra crunchy is coming soon for 4.99 limited time.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
That sounds good. How big are their wings usually?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Wendigee posted:

8 spicey chicken wings double breaded in extra crunchy is coming soon for 4.99 limited time.

Yeah, I’ll definitely give that a shot.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Philthy posted:

That sounds good. How big are their wings usually?

No idea never had em

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
They're bigger than Taco Bell and McDonalds but not big meaty things like Buffalo Wild Wings or Wingstop.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The hot n spicy wings were good and a good deal at 8 for 4.99

They marinated in something containing enough cayenne that the skin turns orange-red then tossed in extra crispy breading.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Rick posted:

They're bigger than Taco Bell and McDonalds but not big meaty things like Buffalo Wild Wings or Wingstop.

I've never heard BWWW referred to in this way

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
The kfc spicy wings were alright but they gave my poop a few extra scovilles

I am a patient they.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I got 16 wings because I usually eat about 10 or so "normal" wings. I was full after a box of 8 just fine. Now I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Plenty of meat on the bones. They had the extra crispy breading on them, which was excellent. They didn't seem too spicy to me, and I'm not one for super spicy stuff. But the flavor was good.

I enjoyed them. Solid $5 for 8 wings, imo.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Sep 21, 2023

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Got 16 more last night. Ate 7 before I was full. Ate some for lunch.. Still got left overs. Those things are p good cold also. They have excellent extra crispy seasoning, and the spice is right where I like my heat. (Not too hot) Still a thumbs up. Rare these days for KFC.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i like the big mashed and gravy side where the gravy is separate more than the small side where it’s all pre mixed together. just feels like you get more gravy that way though i bet the proportions are the same

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm pretty sure you get more gravy the way you describe but also I'm not going to like try and prove it.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
It's gravy triple bucket time in the UK - 6 pieces of chicken, 8 hot wings, 6 mini fillets, 4 fries, two large gravy, bottle of pepsi and a large popcorn chicken for twenty four quid, which is four quid more than the wicked variety bucket of 6 pieces of chicken, 8 hot wings, 4 mini fillets and four fries. Plus, they've decided that the fries were so goddamned terrible they now lather them in some sort of cajun seasoning and they are proper lush

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I will say that lately, whatever mutant birds KFC got in their, has made their 3 piece like double the food of a popeyes 3 piece somehow.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
those breasts are enormous

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Somehow the KFC closest to my house closed down. Don't know how that happens.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

muscles like this! posted:

Somehow the KFC closest to my house closed down. Don't know how that happens.

I was checking the city I used to live in on Google street view and thought I'd have a look at the old McDonalds I used to work at, only to see that the building it was housed in was in the process of being demolished so the tramline through the city could be extended south. But after digging a little deeper I found this

It was apparently closed long before the building was set for demolition because it had become a violence magnet

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Philthy posted:

Trip report.

I bought 4 because I had a goon moment.

The two normal ones were laughably tiny. A chicken tender sticking out of this tiny wrap. They tasted good. But for $5? lmao

The two spicy slaw ones were about twice as big, and messy as hell. They were worth the $5, IMO. Tasty, barely spicy. But I love slaw.

Are they the new and updated Twister Wrap? Not in a million years.

This post is from Feb 2023 but about a week ago I went to KFC for the first time in a long rear end time and got the 2 for $5 wraps because I also used to LOVE the Twister with Zinger sauce. This was one of them. The spicy slaw one.

There was almost nothing else in it besides the sauce. It was bad. They both were very bad.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

KFC NASHVILLE soggy HOT "CHICKEN"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The spicy chicken sandwich is pretty mid. The spicy is all in the sauce, not the chicken. Fatal error.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Pennywise the Frown posted:

This post is from Feb 2023 but about a week ago I went to KFC for the first time in a long rear end time and got the 2 for $5 wraps because I also used to LOVE the Twister with Zinger sauce. This was one of them. The spicy slaw one.

There was almost nothing else in it besides the sauce. It was bad. They both were very bad.

Twister with zinger sauce might have been the best fast food thing of all time.

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake

Szyznyk posted:

Sporking out mashed potatoes and gravy onto a biscuit, taking a bite, then filling the bite hole with yet more mashed potatoes and gravy is double carb greatness.

I know I'm dredging up a four month old discussion but I feel compelled to declare that mashed potatoes and gravy are a dipping sauce for chicken tenders.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
This is the most correct thing ever posted in this thread.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Grew up with an English mom. Mashed potatoes went on everything.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Finally tried the smashed bowl. I was at a semi-rural KFC and they only sold it with chicken nuggets in it, which raises the price from a reasonable $3.49 to a less reasonable $6.49 and changes it from the snack I was looking for to something a lot more heavy, and the current KFC nuggets aren't really spork friendly (too big to get on the spoon part and too thick for the fork part). But it was fine. Like strangely enough it had double down vibes to me, but that's probably the weird overpowering bacon/cheese KFC uses on double downs being a part of this. I don't think I'll order it again but there are worse things on their menu.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Nashville Hot Chicken, from KFC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

BaconCopter posted:

Nashville Hot Chicken, from KFC.

:aaa: