Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Picked this up on steam. Not 100% sure about stick layout, but I’m using

M H S
L U B

Trying Zeta first because I love chun li and her stomps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I've been looking forward to try this but that is a steep price 80/100 cad. That's AAA prices and I can't justifying spending that much. Maybe I'll buy a code when they start selling at third party sites or wait for a steam sale.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Boogalo posted:

Port looks good so far. Graphics options:

graphics looking good
https://twitter.com/ClickAgain/status/1238550169773207552?s=19

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Do we have a discord for GBVS yet?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
There's a channel for versus in the gbf discord.

I love granblue but man $100 cad for the full package without any early adopters discount is bit much. Going to wait till the slightest discount before dipping in.

Drakes fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 14, 2020

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
This is the discord I am aware of: https://discord.gg/KUUWXw8

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Goonsgarden is the main punchmans discord. There's no gbf channel yet but it could be requested if you can come up with a good name. https://discord.gg/0wBmC7rtxZPBgPkW

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
The music in this game is really good. I find myself sitting at the pause menu so I don't get distracted by fighting while I listen.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
I hope there's a patch for PC soon cos this game needs it. Probably as a result of (supposedly) Xseed producing the entire port alone, which I expect explains why it was announced and then released in the space of a week. I've had multiple occasions of my controller just stopping functioning for a few seconds, my friends are complaining of overly strict inputs compared to console version, and keyboards have a ghosting issue. Buyer beware until it gets fixed. It's a shame because the SSD makes loading times almost nonexistant. the online feels better than on console at least.

My Crab is Fight fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 18, 2020

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

BurningCourage posted:

I hope there's a patch for PC soon cos this game needs it. Probably as a result of (supposedly) Xseed producing the entire port alone, which I expect explains why it was announced and then released in the space of a week. I've had multiple occasions of my controller just stopping functioning for a few seconds, my friends are complaining of overly strict inputs compared to console version, and keyboards have a ghosting issue. Buyer beware until it gets fixed. It's a shame because the SSD makes loading times almost nonexistant. the online feels better than on console at least.

I have had zero issues excerpt wishing it had v-sync and that it shows a long rear end alphanumeric steam ID instead of names.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2tZSJ_KoJE Here is a video of Itazan piloting Ladiva, Ladiva becomes terrifying the millisecond she gets kind of near you and Itazan shows it well. I forget if he does the 70%~ damage combo from an anti air with no super meter, though.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
yep, ladiva has ridiculous pressure and damage when she gets in

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

mango sentinel posted:

it shows a long rear end alphanumeric steam ID instead of names.

There's an option i think under gameplay where you can switch name display to nicknames.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Beelzebub is really fun to play. Can't wait to see how Belial plays when he comes out in season 2.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't like DBZ but i'm in the mood for a new fighter; is this game like DBZ playstyle or is it more like SF?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Empress Brosephine posted:

I didn't like DBZ but i'm in the mood for a new fighter; is this game like DBZ playstyle or is it more like SF?
it's very, very much sf-styled, it's a slow deliberate fighter with a focus on spacing. combos are about the only part that's more anime than sf, but even then I'd say combos are closer to like, unist than full-on dbz 70 hit stuff.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are there any charge characters? Those are my favorite type to play.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Are there any charge characters? Those are my favorite type to play.
There's one full charge character, Charlotta, an aggressive rushdown character with a lot of mixup/okizeme stuff. Vaseraga is more like Q where he just has one charge move, but he uses it a decent amount. He's a big body who can armor through stuff, has good range, and is great at causing knockdowns, and has a command grab that he gets huge punishes off of, so the Q comparison is pretty apt. No full Guile equivalent, though.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sounds pretty good tbh, thanks for the help Endorph I think i'm going to buy this. 1

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I enjoy it even if its DLC city, but its a good game so im willing to put up with it, esp. since I like the ip its based on enough to be excited to play as certain characters.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have no connection to the ip whatsoever but 8 just like fun games so *shrug*

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Yeah I don't know poo poo about Granblue in terms of the IP but this game owns. I need to get better at my full-circle joystick inputs cuz I like Ladiva but am really bad at executing her moves, especially the super that requires two full circles

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm looking it so far but it's weird that moves have a cool down on them. Oh well anime cat lady owns

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Ladiva's 720 also being available as a double quarter circle forward with a damage penalty is really cool.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I have no connection to the ip whatsoever but 8 just like fun games so *shrug*
I'd enjoy it even without the IP but the Ip adds some fun flavor to it for me, which is the sign of a good licensed game imo

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
The most fanservicy GBVS trailer yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dPK6apCBFk

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hyper Inferno posted:

Ladiva's 720 also being available as a double quarter circle forward with a damage penalty is really cool.

It's actually a single 236. 236+U/S

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Gotta say, I really like how this game looks. It just feels like the archetypal ideal I have in the back of my head when I think '2D fighting game'. I also like how you can tell at a glance from looking at a character exactly what their fighting style will be. Yes, that's true of a lot of fighting games, but there are also plenty where it isn't true. Makes it a much more satisfying spectacle when you've got two combatants with asymmetrical and instantly recognisable strengths and weaknesses.

MoukoKHZ
Sep 23, 2010
Why does the announcer pronounce Ladiva "Vasdiva"?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

She has a different name in Japanese, which the voice language is initially set to on PC for some reason.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah her jp name is fastiva iirc

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
Good game, feels like the back to fundamentals fighter that SF5 tried to be but more fun to actually play. I've been telling anybody who will listen that FG single-player should build on Tekken Force instead of teaching a computer to play versus mode poorly, and that Chun would be more fun without charge inputs. Good to see my correct opinions validated by an existing product. I haven't eaten this many wakeup supers since SF4

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

If anyone has the serial codes for the mobile game bonuses that they’re not using and want to part with, let me know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh sup, long time no posting in this thread, but I just discovered there is a character pass 2 available now. I purchased it through Hong Kong PSN because that is where I originally got GranBlue Fantasy Versus. This game is still good and continues to get better with each update and DLC character.