Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bubs is probably the most unique character in fighter pass 1 theyve shown so far. there's some speculation the last character in it would be cagliostro, who'd be unique - she uses a large mechanical snake as her 'weapon' and is a kind of surly, self-absorbed alchemist.

for s2 they could really go anywhere with it. there's a lot of variety, and arcsys has said they didn't solely consider popularity (and ladiva isn't that popular a character, so there's obvious truth to it) but i'm sure popularity is still a factor, and a lot of the most popular characters are gonna occupy the same wheelhouse. I'd love an off the wall pick like Colossus, though -

Nicholas would also be cool, since his shtick is basically being a Kamen Rider. And he's had a few events focused on him, so he'd be fairly likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Empress Brosephine posted:

I didn't like DBZ but i'm in the mood for a new fighter; is this game like DBZ playstyle or is it more like SF?
it's very, very much sf-styled, it's a slow deliberate fighter with a focus on spacing. combos are about the only part that's more anime than sf, but even then I'd say combos are closer to like, unist than full-on dbz 70 hit stuff.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Are there any charge characters? Those are my favorite type to play.
There's one full charge character, Charlotta, an aggressive rushdown character with a lot of mixup/okizeme stuff. Vaseraga is more like Q where he just has one charge move, but he uses it a decent amount. He's a big body who can armor through stuff, has good range, and is great at causing knockdowns, and has a command grab that he gets huge punishes off of, so the Q comparison is pretty apt. No full Guile equivalent, though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I enjoy it even if its DLC city, but its a good game so im willing to put up with it, esp. since I like the ip its based on enough to be excited to play as certain characters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I have no connection to the ip whatsoever but 8 just like fun games so *shrug*
I'd enjoy it even without the IP but the Ip adds some fun flavor to it for me, which is the sign of a good licensed game imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah her jp name is fastiva iirc