Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macnult

Basketball is sick because stunting on people occurs pretty much every time the ball is dribbled down the court. I don’t follow any teams but I like keeping tabs on players (especially James Harden :3:) or watching it if I’m running at the gym and a game is on.

I used to follow hockey but fell off because everyone I used to watch/go to games with moved out of state. I was in DC when the Caps won the Stanley Cup though which was incredibly hype; you could do things like climb light poles and if you seemed like you knew what you were doing cops would be like “Ehh we get it”.

Then there’s action sports, specifically surfing and snowboarding. IMO surfing events are best watched passively, like as something playing in the background while you’re doing other stuff. Things can get intense, but a lot of the time you’re just staring at ocean swells and people floating on their boards, maybe someone on a jet ski here and there.
I love snowboarding, but I don’t pay attention to most competitive events. I prefer snowboarding films because I’m way more interested in backcountry riding, tree runs, etc. than I am watching a handful of people see who can land the cleanest series of corkscrews.

That said, last year the X Games introduced a new event for skiing and snowboarding called the Knuckle Huck. Instead of jumping from the big air ramp, riders pass it and launch from the rounded lip instead, aka the knuckle. It’s not really a competitive event, but it’s definitely the most stylish and you can see how much fun the pros are having.
Here’s this years Knuckle Huck for snowboarding. Skip to 34:20 to see a fun trick orchestrated by the last two competitors of the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

chess can get pretty badass, especially once you get into learning openings and successfully pull of a gambit or something. definitely a sport imo

Macnult

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

drone racing should be cool, but isn't. please help

Follow Me drones with the tracker attached to runners, race cars, etc

Macnult

The X-man cometh posted:

Hockey is good and cool (literally)

Macnult

I feel like out of any sporting event, an NHL hockey game is probably the most enjoyable for someone who isn’t really into sports. It’s fast paced, surprisingly easy to follow, and you don’t have to worry about it raining. Fights between players occur but they’re more understandable and respectful than one would think, and if the violence is too much there’s usually an organ playing to help everyone not take things too seriously. On top of that there are only three, 20 minute periods rather than four quarters or nine innings or whatever else that takes way too much time.