Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Hodgepodge posted:

If you read the thread you might have caught on that bananas are not, in fact, actually something monkies ate in trees. They're the result of humans cultivating nearly inedible plants. They're no more a natural thing than your phone or computer, and the only one content to squat in ignorance is you.

Yeah well then why do they fit so great in my hand, like they are meant to be there?

Follow-up question for the wider thread, could we breed bananas that have grooves on the outside of the peel that fit my fingers even more perfectly, so I don't lose my grip when I hold them while running?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

I can't overstate how much this made me laugh

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Platystemon posted:

I don’t know of any fluted or chequered bananas, but there some weird shapes out there.

‘Pitogo’ has little spherical fruits.

Fruits of the ‘Praying Hands’ cultivar have their peels all fused together.

Praying hands ones are great, love'm. We should work towards growing a banana fruit that looks like a humanoid, instead of going to space, in my opinion.

The Chode bananas are fine, I guess.