Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Crane Fist posted:

Bananas are counter-revolutionary, while we attempt to bring humanity to it's noble destiny among the uncorrupted stars the banana-likers are content to squat among the apes, consuming their relics of our brutish forebears

If you read the thread you might have caught on that bananas are not, in fact, actually something monkies ate in trees. They're the result of humans cultivating nearly inedible plants. They're no more a natural thing than your phone or computer, and the only one content to squat in ignorance is you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Jasus Christ posted:

Yeah well then why do they fit so great in my hand, like they are meant to be there?

just got off the phone with Him and that part was actually God

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Jasus Christ posted:

I can't overstate how much this made me laugh

the avatar of humanity, taking the fight to the reptilian mind of reactionary capital

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Platystemon posted:

“Walnut” in Latin is juglans.

“Ju”– referring to the chief god Jupiter and “glans” meaning, well, “glans”.

Walnuts are Jupiter’s dickhead.

If you dig deeper, you will be disappointed. Anatomy referenced botany and not vice versa. “Glans” meant “acorn” before it was used to refer to the head of the penis. Walnuts are just godly acorns.

nah, you just need to dig deeper. they were associated with juno as jupiter's wife and part of the roman wedding ceremony was throwing walnuts at the couple for fertility

also at least one and propably several women conceive with various edible nuts in greek and roman myth, ancient polytheistic religions were not inclined to let something that looks like a dick go to waste

strictly speaking though the romans also just loved eating them so the name referred to a myth that the gods ate nothing but walnuts when they walked the earth

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 219 days!

Drunkboxer posted:

there may be no need to invoke giant sloths but I’m going to invoke them anyway. I also might evoke them, you can’t stop me

please ensure a proper care and safety environment before evoking charismatic megafauna