Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

I have tons of kids, but I do wonder if I'm a good or bad influence:

Was driving in the car the other day with my eldest (10), and I don't remember what we were talking about, I think renting a home vs buying? Anyway, she says "is the problem capitalism?" Naturally I said yes, but that it would take a lot of explaining to make her understand and to be careful about saying that kind of stuff at school.

I want to be clear, this wasn't 'oh my god look how smart my child is' stdh.txt, it was because she's always around watching youtube with me and I watch a ton of breadtube. She just glommed off some of the vocab. I want to make my children into good little ancoms, but I feel like they don't know enough about exploitation/oppression at their age to really grasp it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

ikanreed posted:

So far parenting hasn't radicalized me further, but I'm hoping

I'm more radicalizsed but I've also become more cowardly. I'm the sole breadwinner for our family so whenever there's some dumb bullshit like kids in cages I don't want to join any protests in case the cops get uppity and just start murdering.

My kids gotta hurry up and grow up so I can die on the streets as god intended