Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
my centrist wife turned on The Babysitters Club for our kids and there's a dinner table scene where the mom and her boyfriend are trying to convince the daughter to go along with news of their impending marriage by letting the kids know before the mom says "yes" even though it's a done deal. The girl says outright, "No," and the mom says, "We weren't asking for your permission, we're trying to have a discussion about it." The girl is upset that the mom is trying to force her into connecting with "whatever rich guy walks through the door" and that the discussion aspect of the news is a sham. the boyfriend even pretended to care about the girl's new babysitter service just before they sideswiped the kids with the marriage news. it reminded me of Dems adults-in-the-room condescension as they offer us to capital at everyone's expense. I think I connected more with that scene than my kids did. The Babysitters Club is a right-wing psyop- thanks for reading if you made it this far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I feel like kids enjoy YouTube shows more than regular cartoons and Disney movies

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

It was Roblox for me

e: it passed after a two month suspension tho

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

B-Rock452 posted:

I would kill for my kids to watch youtube shows, I have currently seen Monsters inc like 100 times and Bolt at least 50

I tried Monsters Inc since I'd never seen it and I ended up as the only one watching lol. So far, the only movie I can get to stick is Nightmare Before Christmas

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Congrats, mang

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Harton posted:

Something super off putting about him. Like he ain’t got no kids why is he at the park?

I chuckled a little when I would watch Blippie with one of my gits and there'd always be a dad in the background like, "wtf??"

I think he's harmless– just a dude who did some super embarrassing stuff early on

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

toddlers love screaming into microphones and slamming keyboards, so I would go with those

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I wait at the bus stop with my eldest and some other parents each morning but this time it was just me with them. an old dude I've never seen before detoured and jogged close to us in a funny looking track outfit and one of the kids pointed and started yelling "hey, look banana man" and then all of the kids started screaming "banana man banana man" until he disappeared. I'm glad he didn't keel over from embarrassment. buzz off weirdo!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

my kid is watching a youtube livestream of rick astley play roblox

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=live?huUK6jhAnV8

they're talking about al green and pineapple pizza

e:doh it just ended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

do you want them to get internet brain? because thats how you get internet brain

oh yeah it's a constant concern. the stuff our kids view is generally restricted but they get to have a couple guilty pleasures here and there. the main stuff that zapped my brain when i saw them were the gacha club videos which are def made by weirdos so i had to put the kibosh on those a while ago