Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

mine at that age spent countless hours playing Rayman Soccer Mode by herself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

why the gently caress does the cop one have a drone for real

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

https://twitter.com/MarxBoner69420/status/1435390858237464579

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah lol exactly. And that line of inquiry led me to the Mayo clinic's site that recommends against anything but pain and fever reducers until 6 at the earliest, ideally 12

childrens motrins. the only thing u need

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Microplastics posted:

I learned about elf on the shelf earlier this year and from what I gather it's a manufactured tradition designed to make money and control children's behaviour which turned into a massive international brand

perhaps the same could be said of all religions

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

im not sure my 8 year old even knows what 9/11 was and i don't think its particularly important

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lol

being a single parent can definitely have its advantages

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

8y/o saw the trailer and now has been really insistent on wanting to see Cocaine Bear

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Dreylad posted:

"Love You Forever" try-not-to-cry-reading challenge

i don't think it's possible

lol that book is so loving strange too

we had another one by that author/illustrator team about a fart monster that eats a little girls parents + some cops

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

AxGrap posted:

I police YouTube a LOT. There is too much dumb/bad poo poo on there. I think I'm gonna block it except on certain devices and download whatever he asks for. Tell me if I'm overreacting

no you are not. im probably extremely lenient about what garbage movies/tv shows i'll allow on our streaming accounts, but youtube is basically off limits here outside of specific things (like wanting to learn how to make an origami thing or whatever)

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

8yo loves to build houses and stuff but she hates those guys who "look like squidward" and will redirect the lava to burn down their villages

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

First kid was extremely chill and ez baby. Second kid is (rightfully) demanding and vocal. If we had second baby first there would not be a second baby.

i only have the one but i always feel kinda guilty when i read about early parenting stories because she was so drat easy. slept great, ate great, mild fussiness. and i know i would never get that lucky again.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

loquacius posted:

I thought I'd at least pour a bourbon and play Dark Cloud 2 but I dunno if I'm getting there tonight

good luck gamer dad

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

field trip tomorrow is cancelled due to air quality and kid now is racist against canada

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

getting ready to ship the kid off to camp for the week so i can play more video games

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

camp week is great, getting some good gaming in, but its weird being totally no-contact with your kid. hope she's doing well

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

Good thread title

lol

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

mines definitely too old for it now but i bet she wouldve loved it back then, especially the sharp illustrations.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

PerniciousKnid posted:

My 5yo said he'd only play soccer if I coached, and now he's like "I just don't wanna do it" I'm like I just finished several hours of sexual abuse training and we start practice next week, you're doing it!

So that's gonna be fun.

lmao

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I was wearing a shirt yesterday with a smoking skull and my seven year old said "I guess it's okay for skeletons to smoke because they don't have brains" which was a good opportunity for me to remind them it's worse for your lungs than brain (to which they replied that it's still fine because skeletons don't have lungs either)

lol

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

PerniciousKnid posted:

My 3yo unscrewed a door stop and used it to stab his sister's foam frog full of holes.

lol kids ftw

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

probably genetic given your posts

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

my kid always knew santa et al were fake but enjoys pretending they're real, so we play along, it's pretty cool

i just never did santa. my 8 year old has literally never gotten a present from him and she really does not give a poo poo. she just thinks its a fun thing that grown ups do to tease them, or sometimes dress up as. its like she's the one who's just playing along with her corny grandparents

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

that story was obvious bullshit since no nine year old is going to focus on any single project for six hours

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

its a cartoon about puppies who have jobs

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

5.5 months is pretty remarkable but yeah it rules when even those first 10 mos were just 1am feedings and back to sleep. easy babies ftw

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Mario Kart 8 is a household favorite, it even has a steering assist option for the younger, more frustratable gamer. it also teaches good skills like trash talk and getting owned

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

ikanreed posted:

You have to press the a button :mad:

I guess a half a press would be enough

nope you can turn that off too, which is great honestly

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

kecske posted:

kids bedtime story of choice - a pamphlet

dying at this for some reason lmao

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Dreylad posted:

my daughter is 2 and a quarter and she isn't really interested in playing with other kids or interacting with them. she isn't mean or rude to most kids aside from the normal toddler thing of grabbing stuff another kid might be playing with and, she gets excited when older kids show up at the playground and follows them around giggling but I don't know at what point she "should" be into playing with other kids. she does the parallel play thing well enough. I know I shouldn't worry about it and every kid develops at their own pace, but I'm just curious about it.

she isn't in daycare so I realize she isn't getting that much social contact with other kids outside playground/playgroup/swimming that we attend. she's perfectly social with adults.

3 is the "average" for when kids start playing with each other and not just near each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

my mom was basically the only grandparent i could trust for anything, and kid barely saw her other grandparents until her mom died at like age 4, and then covid happened. now i get nearly every weekend off because someone wants to take her to do some fun thing. grandparents ftw