Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

In an age when political extremists go all the way, and moderates tend to just go away, Bloomberg has the right stuff — a moderate progressive with a heart of gold but the toughness of a rattlesnake — for what is going to be an incredibly big, brutal task: making Donald Trump a one-term president.

Here's Mike:

What else should Democratic primary voters know about Mike?

-Son of a Boston bookkeeper who worked at a dairy company
-Great student. Graduated from Harvard Business School with an MBA
-Went to Wall Street and made terminals for traders which means he's now worth $61 billion
-Became mayor of New York City in 2002 as a Republican
-Supported the Iraq War
-Endorsed George W. Bush in 2004 and spoke at the Republican National Convention
-Orchestrated a campaign of racial terror targeting men of color:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CONufxSdhtI

-Owns his own news outlet (not like the fake news)
-Is exploiting prison labor as part of his campaign for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination
-Supports Xi Jinping as part of his outreach efforts to the tankie vote
-In 2015, the Bloomberg Terminal® was featured prominently in the "Tools of the Trade" financial technology exhibit in Silicon Valley's Computer History Museum, as well as the Smithsonian National Museum of American History
-Extremely relatable and has many supporters among the editorial boards of the New York Times, Barron's, Inc., Fortune and the Wall Street Journal
-Wants to convert the White House to an open office plan
-Campaign is focused on identifying young adults' big ideas and synchronizing them with the needs of tomorrow

There we go! In this thread, we talk about how much we love Mike, his campaign, and post Twitter embeds to help spread the word

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/1227290838553677824
https://twitter.com/eugenegu/status/1227250556130844673
https://twitter.com/SawyerHackett/status/1227776144327442432

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 05:08 on Feb 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6c0ukSWdEs

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
bloomberg loving sucks

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

gently caress this billionaire piece of poo poo

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
Big Mike fan here.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bloomberg is directly responsible for displacing hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers (a conservative estimate) in one of the largest gentrification waves the world has ever seen. He gave the city over to cops and developers, and turned a dozen working-class neighborhoods into playgrounds for the idiot children of wealthy suburbanites in under a decade. gently caress him and everything he stands for.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Love when Mike blew a ton of money to have the NYPD chauffeur him from his Upper East Side townhouse to the express station instead of having to ride the local trains with the plebs while Mayor.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Prince Myshkin posted:

Big Mike fan here.

Love those subs!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Bloomberg is directly responsible for displacing hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers (a conservative estimate) in one of the largest gentrification waves the world has ever seen. He gave the city over to cops and developers, and turned a dozen working-class neighborhoods into playgrounds for the idiot children of wealthy suburbanites in under a decade. gently caress him and everything he stands for.
went to manhattan recently for the first time and that's what it felt like for sure

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Mini Mike

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1227372019626467329

lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
meme 2020

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1227830233979654148
https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1227832384793534464

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

bloomberg should buy out every Trump Memesmith to make memes for him. that would be kinda funny tbh.

WarMonger
Jun 13, 2001

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

meme 2020

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1227830233979654148
https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1227832384793534464

I'm confused about what the memes are ironically self-aware about. What am I supposed to expect, given that irony presents the opposite of what is expected?

Are they self-aware about being astroturfed by a billionaire? If these memes are projecting falseness in order to appear more genuine, then that would be ironic, indeed.

WarMonger has issued a correction as of 08:37 on Feb 13, 2020

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
if bloomberg is paying $150 to microinfluencers--ppl with like 1000 followers on twitter--how much is my posting, as a superstar of these dead gay forums, worth?

p.s.: if you're connected to the bloomberg campaign and reading this, pm me. thanks

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i'll take money from the bloomberg campaign to spread memes of his logo on top of screencaps of salo

it's the hot new meme that everyone is talking about

pm me

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
I love Big Mike. He's the candidate for me. Please do not ask where I got this big canvas bag with a dollar sign on it.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh wow, please ignore my earlier post in this thread! I did some more reading about Bloomberg. Turns out I was a victim of the ideology of hatred and jealousy.

Bloomberg didn't displace hundreds of thousands of people on purpose. He cleaned up the streets and stopped a ton of drug and property crimes from occurring using innovating community policing methods! The career criminals couldn't find innocent victims to prey on and left!

And on top of that he fixed the schools (yay choice for parents!!) and the subway (love the new transit hubs like the Oculus), two things which this city desperately needed fixing after decades of neglect. He rezoned thousands of acres of unused and deteriorating industrial sites to build brand new housing, so New Yorkers can finally find a decent apartment. He was the guy responsible for rebuilding Lower Manhattan after 9/11! You can look at rent increases as a purely negative thing, but really those are a natural outcome of Bloomberg making it the city worth living in again for decent folks! Young people who had hopes and dreams of making something of themselves moved here by the thousands for the first time in a generation.

I also learned that "displacement" is a loaded term. You can never prove that someone was "displaced" instead of them choosing to move to a place that is a better cultural and economic fit for them. Never assume!

Anyway, sorry guys, there's egg all over my face because of this. I'm glad the Bloomberg campaign reached out with some good resources so I felt the need to educate myself. I'm going to make sure my posts from now on are fair to Mike and his golden legacy as mayor.

Thanks for reading!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Bloomberg / Meme for President

Bloomberg dies

Say hello to President Meme

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

ngl i took a big gulp when i saw this

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
a surprising number of people i run into are like oh that bloomberg guy seems alright. best line i've found is just to say, rich guys shouldn't be allowed to buy their way into the presidency

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

WarMonger posted:

I'm confused about what the memes are ironically self-aware about. What am I supposed to expect, given that irony presents the opposite of what is expected?

Are they self-aware about being astroturfed by a billionaire? If these memes are projecting falseness in order to appear more genuine, then that would be ironic, indeed.

its just buying a news cycle

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

selling this post

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Finicums Wake posted:

if bloomberg is paying $150 to microinfluencers--ppl with like 1000 followers on twitter--how much is my posting, as a superstar of these dead gay forums, worth?

p.s.: if you're connected to the bloomberg campaign and reading this, pm me. thanks

Just talked to Mike. He said u have to pay him

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Lock the thread so it can be as short as he is.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

seeing a lot of people online quick to say Hey at least he's better than Trump! they never say that about Bernie tho. weird

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Bloomberg is probably an even bigger racist than are brave president . I don't think he'll survive the first hand to hand combat caucus

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
god i can't wait for the election to be between 2 new yorkers. Trump walks out in a Yankees hat and Bloomberg has to begrudgingly wear a mets cap

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Peanut President posted:

god i can't wait for the election to be between 2 new yorkers. Trump walks out in a Yankees hat and Bloomberg has to begrudgingly wear a mets cap

Bernie would manage to dig up an old Brooklyn Dodgers hat and immediately win the baseball vote.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Bloomberg's new ad features the mother of "the 1st NY firefighter killed after 9/11." If you're not really paying attention it sounds kinda like he was the first firefighter to die in the attacks. But then you see this guy died in 2003 so, not connected to 9/11 at all. She says Mike called her and promised her son's family would get his benefits. But like, he's a firefighter, I'm pretty sure he'd get those benefits without any help from the Mayor??? So basically the whole ad is, Mike Bloomberg called her on the phone.

Sorry, I only bring this up because this ad plays like 10 times an hour on the TV at work. He's on more often than the ambulance chasing lawyers for fucks sake.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Good Bloomberg things:

Bike lanes
Pedestrian safety measures

Bad Bloomberg things:
Everything else

The crushing of the Occupy Wall Street movement under his leadership and stop and frisk must never be forgiven. The man is an ignoramus and a racist.

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1227998968107479042?s=20

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Yep.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sorry Mike! Thanks for reaching out my man! (Yes this is e: NOT really #sponsored by @mikebloomberg)

Terrorist Fistbump has issued a correction as of 18:46 on Feb 13, 2020

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay I have been told that I need to make it explicit, the above post was NOT officially sponsored in any way shape or form by Bloomberg or his campaign. It's parody!!

Hopefully now I will stop receiving threatening PM's e: from anonymous accounts I've never communicated with before and will be paid what's owed me e: by no one in particular.

Terrorist Fistbump has issued a correction as of 19:06 on Feb 13, 2020

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
Can I read this thread at work without getting fired by Bloomberg?

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Halser posted:

Can I read this thread at work without getting fired by Bloomberg?

Not if you're using a Bloomberg terminal. It sees all.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Prince Myshkin posted:

Not if you're using a Bloomberg terminal. It sees all.

someone should upload goatse and tubgirl to them

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Peanut President posted:

the mets are apparently up for sale and bloomberg could buy the team for a fraction of his cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

hey everybody, i'm SA influencer karl barks and I love nichael bloomberg