Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I'd like to hear more about the horsedick worship. Apart from the vølse story from the sagas, which I first heard referenced in a children's book (Erik Menneskesøn, lol), how much evidence is there in literature for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Did you guys do anything cool for winter solstice? Do you celebrate jul?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Hey I got a question that maybe is not so much Norse Heathenry specific, but this thread feels like the best place to ask:

I used to work at a library where one of my guilty plasures were to often skim the books I was handling if they looked interesting. I don't recall the title of this particular book I'm thinking of, but it sounded pretty Norse-like and it seemed to have a lot of advices on how to live a good life as a viking that I felt resonated with me somehow.

The only advice I can still, sort of, remember said that when you enter a meadhall where you are the guest, always choose to sit at the table where people crack jokes at each other, and stay away from the table where people are glum and don't crack jokes.

Does anyone know what book this could be, or what it is referencing?

I used to take pictures of all the cool books so I could borrow them later but this one seems to have slipped through the cracks.