Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i just use the one password op. its not very long so its easy to remember

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

just use a brainwallet, op

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Cold on a Cob posted:

ok i did a thorough evaluation of 1password and here are my thoughts

Pros:
  1. Good looking app.
  2. Categories are good and it's nice having templates for different types of entries
  3. Favourites and tags are also useful. I'd love folders too but most PWMs use one or the other vOv.
  4. Multiple TOTP and passwords and websites per entry is very useful. I can basically map my domain creds at work to one entry, add all my totps, etc. (Yes I give no fucks about my work creds lol)
  5. Watchtower works really well - it's nice to know if my passwords suck or were pwned or if 2fa is available, etc.
  6. Sharing passwords with family is extremely useful - we do have shared accounts for things like food delivery so it's nice.
  7. Works well with iOS password integration (I really wish windows would implement something like this so i wouldn't have to gently caress around with browser extensions).
  8. Separate Archive and Delete features are useful. You can archive old passwords you think you'll never use but can't delete, for example.
  9. Browser integration for login works really, really well. Out of ~75 websites I tried, it had trouble with 1.

Cons:
  1. Browser integration will not work for password updates - it generates a password, I apply it, but nothing is saved. Maybe a bug tbh? pebkac? Idk
  2. File attachments loving sucks. Documents are their own entry type and you can only attach one file per document.
  3. I would love more types of categories - ssh, ftp, etc. This is also why I want to attach files to entries!
  4. Turning off watchtower for certain entries only works with tags and only for http and 2fa. If you have a weak password you don't control (like my library pin) you can set it to ignore; instead you have to put the "password" in a non-primary password field and name it something like PIN so watchtower will ignore it.
  5. Import only really imports logins and maybe secure notes. No mass importing of files, api credentials, software licenses, etc.
  6. Searching sucks - it's pretty basic, it lets you search titles, tags, usernames, passwords, but if you want to see which entries have otp setup (for example) good luck. Want to search by date? Lol. No.
  7. The windows app (v7) is kinda janky. It refreshes a lot in weird ways and when I save an entry it is no longer selected. Right clicking and applying tags and such is janky too. I expected more polish than this.
  8. No multi-line "password" fields - useful for structured data you want to not just show when an entry is displayed, like a list of recovery keys.
  9. Small con but Watchtower doesn't let me specify a minimum password strength to evaluate my passwords.
  10. Closed source
  11. Many of these cons people have been asking the developers to fix/improve for YEARS with no promise or roadmap or anything

look at this nerd. lol.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PIZZA.BAT posted:

credential storage is no laughing matter, fart

this is a solved problem as noted by me earlier in this thread

fart simpson posted:

i just use the one password op. its not very long so its easy to remember

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Cold on a Cob posted:

i just randomly found this post lol

i don't even remember writing all that, i must have been drunk or procrastinating at work

i remember reading it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

nvrgrls posted:

I will say sooner or later 1password is gonna be more popular than lastpass and at that point 1password is gonna start getting owned.

that’s why i just use the same password everywhere so i can remember it. my brain cant get hacked