Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

of all the weirdo director guys i think me and herzog would get along the best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=756qS4keqig

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

You forgot Jim Jarmusch

Heather Papps

hello friend

alnilam posted:

You forgot Jim Jarmusch

try and find one thing wrong with this photo of jim jarmusch

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
lol@ werner herzog threatening actors w/ a loving gun

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

quote:

Despite their collaborations, Herzog had threatened, on occasion, to murder Kinski. In one incident, Kinski was said to have been saved by his dog who attacked Herzog as he crept up to supposedly burn down the actor's house.[22] Herzog has refused to comment on his numerous other plans to kill Kinski. However, he did pull a gun on Kinski on the set of Aguirre, the Wrath of God, after the actor threatened to walk off the set.[22]

biosterous

i love david lynch for using his character in twin peaks season three to say to all transphobes "fix your hearts or die"

loving ruled

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Nosfereefer

has burton ever done anything particularly good or horrible? outside of the twee goth poo poo and dead trees i mean? and photographs of himself

Nosfereefer

like, im imagining him being so boringly obsessed with his own quirks that he never did anything controversial, nor stood up against bigotry.

alnilam

Batman (1990) is extremely good

Escape From Noise

Nosfereefer posted:

lol@ werner herzog threatening actors w/ a loving gun

Hey! Just one actor!

I also love Lynch's conversation with Harry Dean Stanton, one of my all time favorite character actors. It's beautiful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uZG2JwTg2A

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Nosfereefer

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Hey! Just one actor!

I also love Lynch's conversation with Harry Dean Stanton, one of my all time favorite character actors. It's beautiful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uZG2JwTg2A

yeah, and all things considered he should have shot him. kinsky was a menace

but specifically he threatened murder-suicide, so good for him not to do that?

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

alnilam posted:

You forgot Jim Jarmusch

He is perfect in every way.

Watch 'Straight to Hell' to see Jim playing Dennis Hopper's character's chauffeur in a pink uniform

Everyone should watch Straight to Hell anyway it's not horror, it's weird and good
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_to_Hell_(film)

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

the picture of timothy with Nicolas "superman" cage lurking at him haunts my dreams

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Nosfereefer posted:

yeah, and all things considered he should have shot him. kinsky was a menace

but specifically he threatened murder-suicide, so good for him not to do that?

Kinski's daughter accused him of sexual and physical abuse and he was a notorious psychopath in general, dude was a genuinely horrible human being.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

I can't remember which movie it was, maybe Aguirre, but the natives from the area they were filming offered to murder Kinski for Werner if he so desired, he thought about it but eventually decided against it.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

I mean you gotta think, Werner is a very humane, empathetic, staunchly anti-capital punishment nature loving weirdo, if you've made him consider violent reprisal that he almost seriously acted on not once, but twice then he must have very good reason.

The X-man cometh

Nosfereefer posted:

has burton ever done anything particularly good or horrible? outside of the twee goth poo poo and dead trees i mean? and photographs of himself

Big Fish was fantastic and nobody watched it.

Finger Prince

Werner Herzog made a documentary about the cave paintings in southern France called Cave of Forgotten Dreams and it was very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

The X-man cometh posted:

Big Fish was fantastic and nobody watched it.

Yup, and it made him stick to his tired ol formula

Fucker didnt even try to murder anyone