Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Bees
Some people may take a lunch break but I prefer to spend a half hour listening to the ballads of Gordon Lightfoot. I ask that you do NOT disturb me during that half hour, unless you'd like to see a decline in my afternoon performance and my all around attitude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

*kramers into the room*

*sees your gordon lightfoot playlist is open*

*tiptoes back out*

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

as long as you don't bother me during my smoke and neil young breaks every 2 hours

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

idiotsavant
more liek farton blightboot

Heather Papps

hello friend

idiotsavant posted:

more liek farton blightboot

how dare you, wrecked me like the fitzgerald

idiotsavant
oh, you like hardon gleepgloot. yeah i guess they were cool when i was a child, with childish ways. but now im a man, and grown.

idiotsavant

Heather Papps posted:

as long as you don't bother me during my smoke and neil young breaks every 2 hours

i like to think of neil young (esp early) of being continually mystified by the ways of women and singing about never getting past second base

townes van zandt otoh definitely got past second but then he did a lot of heroin

Heather Papps

hello friend

neil young is a perpetual virgin obsessed with trains and vocoders, kris kristofferson is the forever ex husband

Heather Papps

hello friend

idiotsavant posted:

continually mystified by the ways of women

"i'm lonely. guess... i need a woman. for cooking and cleaning. that's what's missing in my life right, a mother figure?"

idiotsavant
i cant listen to a man needs a maid without laughing uncontrollably

Escape From Noise

Slowly drowning out your weak "Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald" with the powerful tonality of "Atlantis".

King of Bees
I HIGHLY suggest nobody creeps around my back stairs too

Heather Papps

hello friend

my life has been changing in so many ways, but one thing that doesn't change is that i gotta chill with uncle neil

Escape From Noise

Gordon Lightfoot went solo after being rejected by Stomp

Escape From Noise

Listen OP. All I'm saying is that in a fair fight Joni Mitchell wipes the floor with Gordon Lightfoot every time!

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

Heather Papps posted:

my life has been changing in so many ways, but one thing that doesn't change is that i gotta chill with uncle neil

cortez the killer is his best song despite the infantile lyrics b/c it's basically a six minute guitar solo

on the other hand danger bird kicks rear end too.

in conclusion, Neil Young is a god

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
you CAN on the other hand disturb my Jandek half hour, but what you'll witness may disturb you, so perhaps it's better to leave the door closed and your burning curiosity unsatisfied for once

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

magic cactus posted:

cortez the killer is his best song despite the infantile lyrics b/c it's basically a six minute guitar solo

neil realized the lyrics were bad so he just abandoned the last verse

Heather Papps

hello friend

if you interrupt me listening to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYuF99VTEdg
i WILL experience road rage

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

By the way, all I will say about it is that there is one name I WILL NOT mention just in passing.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Yinlock

tfw you really have to take a piss but the boss has their Gordon Lightfoot Setup in the hallway today and is blocking the way

King of Bees
Taking out my guitar to play it like Gordon

King of Bees
*looking outside and then looking at you* Sundown, you better take care

free hubcaps

King of Bees posted:

Some people may take a lunch break but I prefer to spend a half hour listening to the ballads of Gordon Lightfoot. I ask that you do NOT disturb me during that half hour, unless you'd like to see a decline in my afternoon performance and my all around attitude.

i can see ya lyin' back in your posting vest,
in the room where you post and make the forums a mess
SUNDOWN you better take care, if i find you been' posting bout harry pottare

ty Saoshyant!

Yinlock

excuse me it is Lightfoot time. i don't care if i'm needed in surgery, the patient can wait another 20 minutes until i'm finished with this stone groove

DelilahFlowers

Just me, blasting 80s Yacht Rock on my makeshift barrel raft as I inch closer and closer to Niagara Falls

Yinlock

DelilahFlowers posted:

Just me, blasting 80s Yacht Rock on my makeshift barrel raft as I inch closer and closer to Niagara Falls

Yinlock

ICEBERG, DEAD AHEAD

the sailor rushes to the captain's cabin only to fell to his knees in despair at the "Do NOT disturb my Gordon Lightfoot half hour" sign

King of Bees
*staring at the cop writing me a speeding ticket* Carefree highway! Let me slip away! Carefree highway! You've seen better days!

free hubcaps

enjoying my jackson brown FULL hour over here

free hubcaps

i mean i guess a gordon lightfoot halfhour lunch is good, if you dont have an eddie rabbitt 15 min break

Heather Papps

hello friend

free hubcaps posted:

i mean i guess a gordon lightfoot halfhour lunch is good, if you dont have an eddie rabbitt 15 min break

quality over quantity

cda

by Hand Knit
instead of taking maternity leave I'm just going to listen to Phish live albums for 3 months

Escape From Noise

Hey. Listen pal, I just got in so please don't talk to me until I've had my morning fix of that Limp Bizkit mix.

Yinlock

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Hey. Listen pal, I just got in so please don't talk to me until I've had my morning fix of that Limp Bizkit mix.

please back the gently caress up while they gently caress this track up

Escape From Noise

Yinlock posted:

please back the gently caress up while they gently caress this track up

*puts flat bill baseball cap on backwards*

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

If you could read my mind, love, you'd know not to disturb me while I listen to gordon lightfoot for the next 30 minutes

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Rainy day people always seem to know when I'm listening to gordon lightfoot and do not disturb me

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

As the big freighters go it was bigger than most, but all I'm asking for is a paltry half-hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weed cat

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
i remember the first time i put on harvest because i'd heard it was such a classic and when i heard "man needs a maid" it was like, what the gently caress? but then heart of gold played and i was like ah yeah this is pretty good.

gord's gold is the one for me from g-light