Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Pungry posted:

Denis Malgin has felt invisible since 2018 ended regardless what the stats say. He also wasn't well-liked by Coach Q and kept getting scratched, so it made sense that he'd eventually get traded. Just sucks the Panthers got literally nothing for him. I initially thought it would set up another move, but the comment about Malgin's agent wanting him out is probably the main reason for the trade.

I'm increasingly skeptical of guys who are minor analytics darlings in limited minutes/roles, so often it evaporates in a change of scenery or when they need to play up in a lineup. I'm not convinced it's indicative of future success if someone hasn't been able to improve over multiple seasons.

If you need someone to sorta play 8 minutes on an NHL roster Marchment can do that, so I'd say it's more of an equivalent deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The Los Angeles Oh our goaltending is poo poo now.
Already Traded:- Alec Martinez
UFA – Tevor Lewis, Tim Schaller, Derek Forbort, Ben Hutton, Joakim Ryan
2 Years – Alex Iafallo
Words on Alec Martinez – Behind DeMelo and Dillon slightly ahead of Greene. Behind Walker, Doughty, Hutton, and Matt Roy for zone exits be a defenseman. The worst LA defenseman for zone entries. 2nd worst LA defenseman for shot creation.2nd or 3rd worst LA defenseman in nearly every fancy stat. Maybe un-stapling him from Drew Doughty will help? Can PK well is about all I have. Turned 30 and fell off a cliff.
Ben Hutton – This is the LAK D man you want. Wild I know Vancouver fans. Very good shot contributions. The best zone entry stats of LAK D men (they are not very involved I play though and it's mostly dump ins) and very good zone exit stats. Just a nice depth defensive add.
Trever Lewis – Depth upgrade. Mostly helpful by removing someone quite bad from your lineup. For 1 mil could help, but probably won't put you over the top.
Alex Iafallo – Absolute passenger. Dragged up by Kopitar. Will disappoint. *Throws a dart* uh Lol Calgary I guess.

Anaheim - Checks Capfriendly Uh um...what?
UFA – Ryan Miller, Korbinian Holzer, MDZ, Derek Grant
Daniel Sprong – 8 games played. 57% Corsi for. 56% Shots for. Dominant chance splits of 56% and 60% HIGH DANGERS FOR. There must be some serious character concerns.
I am actually impressed with how little value there is here. If they don't load up on rentals in the offseason laugh at how mis-managed this team is.

San Jose Sharks – gently caress YOU PITTSBURGH also we're freaking old.
UFA – Melker Karlsson, Jumbo Joe, Old Man Team Dad Paddy Marleau, Waiver Wire Stefan Noesen, Tim Heed, Radim Simek, and Aaron Dell
2 Years – Marcus Sorensen, Barclay 'good dog' Goodrow
Honestly if it isn't nailed down SJS should listen to offers on almost everyone they can. Alternatively get a goalie lol. Doing something with NYR for George could make a ton of sense for both teams.
Jumbo and Marleau are spent forces :( Noesen I guess might have some vague utility...anything more than like a 5th though is overpay.
Barclay/Sorensen might have some utility as cost controlled depth contributors for this year and next. Nothing outstanding really pops out about them...they won't kill you when on the ice and could provide some solid positive outcomes.
Tim Heed – Potentially useful bottom pairing guy that can do ok with soft deployments. If you're looking here though you must be a bit desperate or it's a conditional 6th that requires you to resign him or something.
Dude You Shouldn't Be Getting a Dell – Back up. League average'ish this year.
Dillon is a really nice add by Washington.

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Feb 20, 2020

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/1230331609792028673

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/1230331609792028673

Hrmmmmmm

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

He's a middling-to-decent AHL level guy. That's about it. I legitimately forgot he was in Lehigh Valley.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

How many teams is that for Future Considerations now?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
How many goalies do the Rangers need

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I suspect this means they don't expect to send Shesty down for the AHL playoffs. The two guys they have down there right now are not looking particularly good, but Hartford is poised for a playoff run.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

so that's goona be a conditional 6th rounder or something

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIΘRE IN ME

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Wow rude Justin Schultz turned out pretty well.

Kevin Hayes as well

I suspect Shesterkin goes to the WC's or something after the NHL season ends assuming the Rangers don't magically make the playoffs and go deep

Also feels like Kreider has taken his game to the next level this year. If teams are seriously hemming and hawing about giving up good assets for him then they need to be honest with themselves that they're really just not interested in adding a quality piece to their lineup

Also really making it feel like it's gonna suck if/when the Rangers trade him

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/ajlam87/status/1230256254603403265

hahahahahaha

E:

Sure, go nuts, leafs.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Feb 20, 2020

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

How many trades over the last few years have there been between the Sabres, Habs, Sens, and Leafs? It seems like there's one every couple years where somebody just switches Eastern Canadian teams or drives across the bridge to Buffalo.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/penguins/status/1230554135784804352

buncha AHL dudes

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDES

https://twitter.com/TBLightning/status/1230575856814362625?s=19

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
All these last name vowel ending guys getting traded. I guess Tony D is next.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I can't help but read Joseph Blandisi's name in the "zendaya is meechee" song way now.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

3 Italians

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

3 Italians and a Barber walk into a bar......

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

rex rabidorum vires posted:

3 Italians and a Barber walk into a bar......

The Sopranos!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1230617579821129728?s=19

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Why is Pageau playing then

don’t do it Dorion

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Cue beer vendor guy in $10 spartan outfit screaming

THIS IS ASSET MANAGEMENT

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Levitate posted:

Hajek is a defenseman and it's not unusual I think for them to take a few years to get up to NHL speed. He has size, skating, and can move the puck, he just seems like he hasn't quite put it together in the NHL yet. Maybe he never does, but he's got 2nd pair potential perhaps.

Howden sucks and makes me upset. He seems like he really can't think the NHL game right now...like he'll get the puck and just throw it someplace like he thinks he's acting on instinct and skill but he's actually just not aware of what's going on. He'll skate into the zone and then get clueless with what to do with the puck. He can make some nice plays now and then but honestly I think the Rangers did him a big disservice by not sending him to the AHL at some point. He could still get better but he's frustrating

That said I don't think anyone thought those guys were A level prospects to start with

They are young but yeah not going to lie I think Howden is an extremely replaceable bottom line guy. Hajek is going to be anything more than a third pairing guy. Rangers did not come off as winners in that one.

Hank getting traded would hurt like when Leech got dumped.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Weird. The rumor I keep hearing is that the Sabres are going after Trocheck. Why would they want to trade with the stupid Leafs?? I guess giving them Risto would make them worse so :shrug:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1230633122242453506

But why, and to whose benefit?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Melynk: I'll give you 700k and a pack of skittles take it or leave it

Pageau: wtf are you crazy?!?!?!no!

Melynk (after Pageau is traded): See Ottawa fanbase?!?!?! We tried!!!! Players don't want to play here give me kidneys and money plz

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1230630588752764933?s=19

All hail the Luongo recapture

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Simmonds is well toasted. Giving anything up for him would not be worth it.

Montreal – Gat Dang are we mediocre, but we can still laugh at the Leafs
Already have 3x2nds and various additional late round picks. This is a team with a great amount of flexibility to do a lot of things if they choose.
UFA – Dale Weise, Nate Thompson, Illya Kovalchuk, Christian Folin
2 Years – Jeff Petry, Brendan Gallagher, Toma Tatar, Phillip Danault, Joel Armia, Jordan Weal

Tomas Tatar/Gallagher/Danault – All 3 of these players would be great adds for nearly any team trying to win the cup. Gallagher is an absolute beast. For $3.75 a year he's a steal. Tatar at $4.8 would likely require some retaining, however he's probably easier to get from Montreal. Anyone that can get Denault and plug him as a 2c or 3c is going to be incredibly deep. Another absolute beast with possession and with a career full of great chance splits.

Illy Don't Do Defense – Somewhat resurgent in Montreal. If you're really looking for maybe some offensive pop could work out. He's spent time with Suzuki, Danault, Tatar, Armia, and Armia. Niche pickup. For 800k low risk move. Cool and good guy DJ Exile was kind enough to look at the MICAH CHARTS for me. Illy is a net drag on Montreal. All the positive numbers are him being dragged up. RIP. Might be worth it though if he's less bad than whomever he replaces.
Jordan Weal – Great depth add. 3rd or 4th line. I've always liked Weal in fairness.
Armia – Done a bunch of everything this year. Dove tails really nicely with Illy. Some of the best forward zone stats for Montreal and fantastic shot contribution stats. Weird player. Could be really useful.
Weise/Thompson – Bad. Don't. Just don't.

Edit: I forgot Petry. He's good. Montreal shouldn't trade him unless they're getting a great return.

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 21, 2020

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Mike Gillis saved the Vancouver Canucks from a bad trade with a contract he signed over a decade ago.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Buffalo – THIS YEAR WAS OUR...oh loving god dammit.
UFA – Michael Frolik, Conor Sheary, Jimmy Vesey, Zemgus Girgensons, Johan Larsson, Scott Wilson
2 Year – Marcus Johansson, Jake McCabe
Scott Wilson – Apparently had 26 points with Pittsburgh in '16-17. Uh RIP him I guess.
Conor Sheary – Extremely cool and good little hockey man. Still love him to pieces. 1.5 mil if Buffalo retain 50%. Huge upside. Drives play while having 4th best forward Shot creation and zone entrance/exit stats. May never get 50pts again but still a solid 30-40pt contributor. If your team is looking for a middle 6 guy he's great.
Jimmy Vesey – Big body. Lags behind Sheary in creation, exits, and entrances. Slightly worse splits than Sheary in nearly every category. He's a body though. Middle 6 scoring. I'd rather Sheary.
Johan Larsson – This dude gets absolutely brutal d zone deployments and doesn't get killed. Won't win you a game, but could help not lose it.
Marcus Johansson – Multiple time 40pt player. Doesn't drive play a ton and not great spreadsheet stats. Equals Vesey in most zone/shot contribution stats. Lags behind Sheary and Vesey in most other things. If you can get a 50% retain might make sense.
Jake McCabe – Of what's left in terms of defensemen you could do worse. 43% d zone split. Not killed. Helps by pushing someone much worse out of the roster or down further.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Larsson has been really good centering Girgensens and Okposo. They’re a great line but also cost like $10m or something absurd like that. For a fourth line? No thanks.

gently caress Boterill’s lovely Frolik trade, dude can’t score and is dumb and bad and argh loving Botterill aaaaahhhhh

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1230724356419903489

Habs are gonna hold onto Kovalchuk and it's gonna be funny

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
The Habs not unloading everyone and the Canucks being buyers are the most hilariously retarded parts of this deadline so far

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I feel like the Canucks are really contenders this year and should definitely be selling the farm.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Columbus feels like they are in a weird spot at the deadline. Half their roster is injured and their best player is out until at least the playoffs and (imo) are probably a bit lucky to have the points they have from riding hot goalies earlier in the year. They are obviously still in the race for at least a WC spot but I don't many would say they are better than the teams around them in the standings. They look like a bottom 10 team in terms of who they have healthy on the ice right now but also have a really aggressive front office so I sort of expect they to start gobbling up players again.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Columbus feels like they are in a weird spot at the deadline. Half their roster is injured and their best player is out until at least the playoffs and (imo) are probably a bit lucky to have the points they have from riding hot goalies earlier in the year. They are obviously still in the race for at least a WC spot but I don't many would say they are better than the teams around them in the standings. They look like a bottom 10 team in terms of who they have healthy on the ice right now but also have a really aggressive front office so I sort of expect they to start gobbling up players again.

They also gave up a TON of assets last year and lost Panarin. No expiring UFAs this year and they gain another 1.4mil in cap when Fedor Tyutin expires this offseason. If I'm CBJ I stand pat. See what happens and take a run at Taylor Hall in the offseason.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jackets have a ton of cap space so they could take some runs if they really wanted, but yeah I feel like they're just gonna ride this year out at this point.

E: jesus christ, $30mil on IR :psyduck:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/andystrickland/status/1230864426905088002?s=19

Oh god former Boston player coming west? Benning's making a move for Backes isn't he?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1230900483268763648?s=20

A very sad tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Chicago – This Roster is kind of a mess
UFA – Gustafsson, Crawford, Lehner
2 Years – Saad, Brandon Smith

Erik Gustafsson – Is bad. Don't acquire.
Bandon Saad – Only forward worth acquiring from Chicago. Proven 50pt player with nice underlyings. Steep price at 6mil/yr if Chicago doesn't retain. Considering some other options that might be available unless Chicago bends over backwards he won't go anywhere.
Crawford/Lehner – Both have been outstanding for a dog poo poo team. If you have goalie concerns one of these two could be an answer for you and with a cheaper price tag vs George in New York.