Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sjs00 posted:

im almost ready for some thoughts
okay here I go
..\
i want to die

Same, except I'm still at work you lucky ponce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Same, except I'm still at work you lucky ponce.

getting paid to post oh god how terrible

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Captain Splendid posted:

Why can I fall asleep in 5 minutes when napping in the day but it's taking me 2 hours to do the same at night?
Same

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

goddamn it's still too early for breakfast isn't it
It's never too early for breakfast

Sjs00 posted:

im almost ready for some thoughts
okay here I go
..\
i want to die
Same

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

if I fall asleep now I can have 5 hours of sleep

if I fall asleep now I can have 4 hours of sleep

if I fall asleep now I can have 3 hours of sleep

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Today's thought is actually a 1am thought:

God drat nyquil is the poo poo. Fell asleep at 6pm holybshit now im awake but i go to work at 8am. Imma close my eyes hope for the best

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Thot#2: my dog still hogging the bed and i hear my stomach making weird noises?!

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Nuts and Gum posted:

Tomorrow I’ll get my poo poo together! No more boozing and eating crap food.

Tomorrow will be different.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

I used to wake up with the worst anxiety about how I'm going to deal with all my poo poo. Every night. One time I woke up without my heart pounding and I saw the anxiety coming at me a few seconds later and wash over me like a wave.

I still get that but not as often anymore, so I got that going for me.

Today, baby can't sleep, so I'm awake too.

I used to work brunch and have to go to work at 4AM. I'd get brunch brutalized, get out at 4PM after a couple shift drinks, pick up a cheeseburger sub and a six-pack of PBR pounders, and pass out on the couch. I'd wake up to my roommates watching some Henry Rollins special at some weird rear end hour and I'd crack open another beer and hang out for a minute.

Life's an adventure. Do kids still have adventures?

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

kecske posted:

if I fall asleep now I can have 5 hours of sleep

if I fall asleep now I can have 4 hours of sleep

if I fall asleep now I can have 3 hours of sleep

This, but intersected with work bullshit ("don't forget to follow up on that email!" "Did you put accurate data in that report?" "Boss was cold towards me, she must hate me" "you're gonna lose your job); health poo poo ("stomache ache? You're gon die bitch"); and catastrophic things happening ("you didn't pay insurance on your car" "you're not gonna get that contract extension" "you're gonna be evicted"

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
between dreams of a massive parties with close friends, I've been having liminal-state thoughts and emailing them to myself. vignettes, jokes, art stuff.

this morning's: "a skull, deformed. single hairs growing from the bone"

gonna sculpt it

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Ate hot wings for dinner. Woke up at 3 am wide awake. I am sure it was caused by the spicy wings. Anyone else have hot wing induced insomnia?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I once was sitting on the edge of my bed half dreaming at 3:30 and straight up heard a David Attenborough voice-over saying "His consciousness is in an interstitial state"

I had to Google it to figure out what interstitial meant.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Wow that's an excellent idea I just came up with. I'd write it down but that'd just wake me right up, I'm sure I'll remember tomorrow morning.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

One of those comic book speech bubbles that's just a bunch of skulls and daggers and poo poo.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Ate hot wings for dinner. Woke up at 3 am wide awake. I am sure it was caused by the spicy wings. Anyone else have hot wing induced insomnia?

when i eat spicy food i usually wake up an hour or so earlier with a warmness travelling through my colon and i must poop

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

"nobody cares about literally anything and we're all hosed"

I take comfort in this.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Oh god oh gently caress oh no [repeated into infinity]

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

The talky podcast I listened to while sleeping had a weird robot voice read a really bad motivational poem right in the middle of a conversation, which woke me up, but then when I rewound it, the poem was gone, so I just stayed awake another hour thinking bout ghosts.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica
Every level of magnification shows a smaller world with its own cities, mountains, and wastelands. There is a world of ants, a world of microbes, a world of subatomic particles, like this could go on forever. None of them can perceive much less comprehend the world of humans.

So here we are, looking at stars saying that is as big as it gets, there is nothing bigger than a universe of stars because we can’t see anything beyond it, as we look down on all those little worlds unaware of us. And right now there could be a dust mite on an eyelash saying that is as big as it gets, there is nothing bigger than an eyelash, because it goes on forever and you can’t see anything beyond it. What are the odds that the largest system of organization just happens to be the exact largest size that we can perceive?

Maybe some bored energy giant with a microscope just poked a star to make it go nova, or tweaked our ionosphere to drop a lightning bolt on someone to see what happens. And it doesn’t matter. We can’t communicate with him any more than microbes can with us, and now he has some important energy giant stuff to do for the next billion years anyway. They are all busy with stuff that exists at their own scale. Busy as ants.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Am I dead? Are we all dead? I really need to sleep. I'm pretty sure I'm not dead. Maybe this is hell and they have been right all along only they don't realize that they are only half right. Maybe the dream world is the real world. What time is it. gently caress, now I need to pee. If I get up I will be even more awake. I can't sleep needing to pee, though. I'm gonna go pee.

What was I thinking about?

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
I'm usually at work at this point of my day. So I guess "gently caress me I'm tired all the time"

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Usually it's all of the things that I want to get as part of projects followed by the realization that I'm never gonna be able to afford any of them and the amount of time it takes for me to save up for even a single one is ridiculous.

I feel like I'm just waiting my life away. Waiting on this, waiting for that, waiting endlessly.
I need money but my hope of ever getting a non-poo poo job is pretty dim. I don't even know what I want to do anymore and I'm not qualified on paper for anything.

Lol ok go back to sleep

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
life is pointless

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
wish i was dead

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
What occupation would be most suprisingly for you to encounter if they were fully practicing orange robes bhuddist

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
do you think virgins think about peeing after sex?

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
how come you guys have such hosed up thoughts at night

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Do 2~4am shits count here?

SirShakes
Jul 13, 2012

ISSAPEEPO
I usually am kept awake thinking about Lary the Cable Guy Unplugged; a concept album about his last moments alive.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

deedee megadoodoo posted:

No, pizza induced insomnia here. Sipping water and eating tums 7 hours after eating

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Earth sucks poo poo, I wonder what people on another planet thinks about they own planet

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
"The night is cold but my girlfriend's bum is warm and I love the way she snuggles back into me in her sleep when I roll over and spoon her. The cat's tiny snores are so adorable and relaxing, I'll get back to sleep in no time."

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I know that there are certain things that I can think about that will help me go to sleep, but it is impossible to remember what the last one is, the one that finally works. I wish I could figure out what that magic word is.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
make my own gravy? hell, I make my own soup.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
why is my body like this

drat you body

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
I have heartburn

i could take antacids but then i'd have to brush my teeth again

also standing up is defeat

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
It's 2 am and the existential horror is here.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease
In one of those moods where I just don't want to go to bed. Not doing anything productive or worthwhile, just making my way through the schadenfreud thread, but I don't want to go to sleep. I hate nights like these.

Live Free posted:

how come you guys have such hosed up thoughts at night
Insomnia seems to be comorbid with depression

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Methanar posted:

It's 2 am and the existential horror is here.

That's the loving worst, sorry man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's 5am, been working for 12 hours now and I need to haul a bunch of this hygrogen sulphide water out of this site way the gently caress in the bush. I figure I have another hour before I fall asleep road side.

Fyi it's 1% h2s. It knocks you out at around 300ppm, deadly around 700ppm (your cells can't take in oxygen) and this is 10,000ppm.