Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
life is pointless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
It's 2 am and the existential horror is here.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I don't want to go to bed because I don't want tomorrow to happen

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Having 3 am thoughts at 5pm right now

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

3 AM: drat I'm tired, wish I could get some sleep
5 PM: drat I'm tired, wish I could get some sleep

Laying in bed overwhelmed with Embarrassment and regret for every thing I've ever done.

Unable to sleep.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I've given myself mental illness

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
gently caress

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Code Jockey posted:

the only reason I am asleep from 3 to 6 is that I have to be up for a loving dumb 9 am call every day

if I didn't have that call I would be living my best life, up at the hours god intended me to be, having thoughts

literally exactly this

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I don't want to go to sleep because I don't want to wake up tomorrow

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
today was a really bad day

I muscled through it. But why though. All of that frustration and anger and struggle for what. So I get to continue to sit alone in the same room?

My tinnitus is deafening.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
lol the day got worse

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I couldn't imagine the innocence of not questioning life at every moment

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
uh oh here I go starting to reflect on the world again lol

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Code Jockey posted:

it's 3 am and I'm watching a link to the past gdq run I've seen like a dozen times, but it's either this or sit here worrying about the forums dying

Same right down to watching the same GDQ stuff I've watched over and over again except not worrying about the forums but suffering under the concept of infinity and that I have to go through the entire rest of my life and then once that's over I then need to wait for not the heat death of the universe but an infinite amount of time

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I wasted my entire day writing a toy kafka app for the first time that I can use for testing keda for scaling based on kafka consumer lag. near the end one of my consumer groups just stopped working somehow, like doesn't register at all that messages are coming in and I don't know why even though a second consumer group continues to work just fine with the exact same code.

took me like 2 minutes to write a prometheus query to pull my kafka lag stats out of burrow but 2 hours to figure out how to write something in line in my app to calculate the instantaneous lag for each partition because I thought the burrow stuff being delayed by a minute was too much for initial testing. probably would have been easier if i just used confluent's library instead. and i still don't know why the autoCommit thing doesn't work. i set the timer to do it every second and it still did nothing, except it was I think but something somehow in my code wasn't picking it up until i did an explicit commit(). i looked at the source for that method but idk i didn't see anything about a state refresh in it so i don't know why it wasn't working

i should have just wrote it in golang and stole the exact code that the kafka scaler plugin uses for its calculations of lag but ive never actually written golang before and didn't want to rock the boat

im a fraud and i need to carry this burden forward for like another 10 years until I have enough money to retire and become a gardener

Methanar fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 2, 2020

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
another day another 100 swipes on all the different dating apps met with silence

I got my RSU cliff last week. I've been counting the days ever since I got my 3rd quarterly password change notification, all 93 days. now that i've gotten it i don't have anything to look forward to.

I had a thought that I should start going to church every week as a way to try and meet some women but they're all still closed.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
idk why i do anything. the government stole literally 50% of my rsu cliff when i was forced to sell to cover

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

hack the planet

i cant thats the problem

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I am actively wasting time waiting for nothing.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
last night I had a dream I got fired.

can't wait to experience tonight's hallucinations

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I have to make it through the rest of my life

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Spend 5 hours out of the house today walking around and driving through the city.
Make plans to go somewhere new tomorrow.
Shave.
Buy lunch.

But it all still means nothing and I'm no better for it.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Days are already noticeably becoming shorter. There could be snow on the ground in less than 10 weeks that would last until next may. Its only going to get darker and colder again.

Yesterday I looked in some garbage bags that I had stuffed in the corner. I haven't looked at them since I threw them in the corner the day I moved in. It was bed sheets.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I don't look better shaved

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
im not ok lol

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
there is no god lmfao

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
today was not a good day.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
lol I wish I could stop having nightmares about being attacked

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Code Jockey posted:

tomorrow should be better

lol :smith:

lol it was worse

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I actually had a good sleep and dream last night.

I've forgotten 90% of it already, but I know it was actually a nice one. First dream that wasn't horrible in a long time.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I've rubberbanded from sleeping 10 hours every night to only 6 the last 3 or 4 days in a row after being hard stuck to 10 for the last several months

Its not actually an improvement

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
some time last year I found like 6-10 good super mario speed runs that I really enjoyed watching.

I keep watching them again hoping to recapture the happiness they brought me the first time. I've probably done this 5-6 times now. Just watched this at 2x speed rushing for that hit of dopamine like a crack addict tying off his arm.

It doesn't bring me joy anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY15mBmboMw

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Feeling strong 3 am energy at 10pm on a sunday rn

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
its monday in 50 minutes

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Feeling extremely 5 AM at 4pm right now

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
just remembered im sitting alone in the same dark room that I've spent about 8000 hours sitting in over the last 400 days with no end in sight

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Had my first sleep paralysis/night terror thing for the first time in a month(?) last night.

3:44am I was bolted upright in bed.

:(

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
3 am started at 10 am today.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Methanar posted:

just remembered im sitting alone in the same dark room that I've spent about 8000 8100 hours sitting in over the last 400 440 days with no end in sight