Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
God drat ShortyMR.CAT's rear end looked fine today in those yoga pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
the only reason I am asleep from 3 to 6 is that I have to be up for a loving dumb 9 am call every day

if I didn't have that call I would be living my best life, up at the hours god intended me to be, having thoughts

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
1:35 AM thought: I should go to bed, meeting in 8 hours, but gee now is a good time to calibrate my home theater, why not

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
is this congestion getting worse or am I just getting paranoid

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The Breakfast Sampler posted:

I rocked this time thing like I've never done and never will do again and this thread still gives me bad thoughts. It is a bad thoughts thread.

3-6am is a weird time for my brain

I wouldn't say I tend to form bad thoughts, but it gets weird. I tend to get really introspective I guess

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I wasn't even having a existential crisis

what does this even feel like

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

okay but how the gently caress

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Howard Phillips posted:

I quit alcohol 4 months ago. Now on day 4 of being caffeine free. Sleep has dramatically improved. I wake up at 7AM everyday to telework. I seem to get tired and fall asleep around 10PM naturally.

I'm sorry :smith:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Methanar posted:

uh oh here I go starting to reflect on the world again lol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
going to go to bed now, don't really want to, but oh well

wonder if the covid will get me tomorrow

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Takes 2 weeks to find out anyway! Unless you already have it?!

every morning when I wake up with a slight sore throat or maybe a little lethargic I think gently caress today is the day, I am ready lol

but no I'm good and I haven't been around people who are not my wife in like three weeks now though she has a bunch of dumbfuck coworkers who are doing risky things then coming into the loving office because their manager is an idiot who won't order everyone to work remote

since it's 3am to 6am in the eastern states and I am having thoughts (in the western ones): should go to bed since I have meetings tomorrow, but I know I'm going to lay down and read JoJo for another hour+ anyway

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Video games are fun and oops its been 5 hours playing Divinity lolol

same but diablo 3

how is it already 4, gently caress

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Jestery posted:

A cool monkey paw-esque concept is a pillow that gives ves you a perfect night sleep but at the expense of a poo poo day the next

would my day be any shittier than they already are is the question

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
did a shitload of yard work today and my body is exhausted

I want to go to sleep, and yet

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Dixville posted:

Nah he just wanted to complain about the dog attacking the cat.

who won?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The Management posted:

It’s 4:15am. It just occurred to me that two days ago we were talking about a hundred thousand dead americans and rising, and today that’s not even the lead story.

I'm getting closer and closer to actually processing the situation this country is in and when I finally do I'm probably going to not sleep anymore at all

the material distractions and escapism are wearing thin and I can hear the crushing despair of reality approaching

lmao

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Just keep the message heard and make sure false information is buried. There are amazing people im this country fighting for what is right. Ignore the negativity and donate, inform, and if possible participate.

Keep ya head up!

Also, its 12am pst wtf u doing! Its 3 hours too early to be sad goon hours:colbert:

:unsmith:

also the spirit of this thread is timeless

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I wonder what I'll be doing at 3 AM today

probably something dumb, or watching something I've already seen a dozen times already, but ayyy, that's life! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

five minutes left in the brain cell chamber. i have stayed up all night in an attempt to catch the neighbours dog who stole my slipper. at least take both of them next time you jerk !

steak

dogs cannot resist steak

put steak in other slipper, he won't be able to resist, and then he will be yours

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

I nailed the sole remaining slipper to the barn roof. let it fly as a flag for my once peaceful nation. ive tried as hard as I could to remain neutral. I will let it send a message to my enemies if they dare step foot on these sacred grounds... if you want my other slipper, come and get it you cowards

that's a god drat nice barn, shoe or no shoe

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
*eyes clock*

ah yes,

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

VivaLa Eeveelution posted:

yeah I'll reinstall TIS-100

just before 4am is the perfect time for my brain to play programmer

I need to finish that and Shenzhen I/O

it's 3 am and I'm watching a link to the past gdq run I've seen like a dozen times, but it's either this or sit here worrying about the forums dying

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
3am is a state of mind

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I forgot to post all weekend lolol

oh god it's monday; gently caress.

crossposting from the maymay thread

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

thank god its friday right? lamo

wiat no...iots saturday

what even is time anymore

like it's technically sunday now but is it really thursday, did I miss work yesterday, who knows

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Oh poo poo there's birds chirping outside and the sun is rising, I guess maybe I should go to bed

oh but there's this thing on steam I haven't played yet, and there's that vacuuming I needed to do,

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Methanar posted:

But it all still means nothing and I'm no better for it.

not sure when I last felt any different than this, honestly

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Methanar posted:

today was not a good day.

tomorrow should be better

lol :smith:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Cry Havoc posted:

a phone call made me realize I’m wrong

that's a real good avatar b t w

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Bok Bok posted:

Came so close to getting some sleep. I can almost touch it.

nights when I actually sleep through the night, I wake up thinking "what the gently caress?"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Methanar posted:

I've rubberbanded from sleeping 10 hours every night to only 6 the last 3 or 4 days in a row after being hard stuck to 10 for the last several months

Its not actually an improvement

I've been on 6-ish for so long I can't imagine sleeping longer

sure okay posted:

Would you take never having to sleep again (you always feel like 11 am after a good nights sleep)

*loving pulverizes this button into dust*

I have some recurring really hosed up sleep issues and rarely do I feel truly rested no matter how long I sleep, so I'll take this one

the billion I'll make up with my sure-fire business plan that I'll actually have the energy to execute in this scenario

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

OMFG FURRY posted:

god drat why is nooner so loving gay???!??!?!

this thought, but in the sense that I respect and admire him for it, and find it aspirational

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Methanar posted:

its monday in 50 minutes

It's 22 minutes into Monday on the west coast and I'm already in the Garfield Mindset

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Methanar posted:

just remembered im sitting alone in the same dark room that I've spent about 8000 hours sitting in over the last 400 days with no end in sight

was thinking about this the other day, it's starting to gently caress with me a little

I've been just taking random drives around and doing yard work trying to expose myself to sunlight and not just go blind and translucent like a cave salamander but not having places to be is just weird

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

2 hot too sleepz

it sucks and anyone who says hurr duhh it's always cold in the pacific northwest is ignoring the two months or so it's hot as absolute gently caress

at least it isn't humid

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I watched 3 shudder movies in a row witb buddies and now its daytime!? poo poo!

shudder looks cool I'm considering it

1:00 AM Pacific Time thoughts: I have an early meeting tomorrow and I should go to bed, but my brain disagrees

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Methanar posted:

Had my first sleep paralysis/night terror thing for the first time in a month(?) last night.

3:44am I was bolted upright in bed.

:(

I can sympathize with this, but at the same time: why would you be asleep during prime existential crisis hours, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Doing it doing it doing it well sitting at the 3am thread from postin hell

my voight-kampff test asks me "you're tired as gently caress and it's 5 AM, why aren't you sleeping?" instead of the thing about the tortoise

"what do you mean, sleeping? what's that?" I ask