Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Are there any more debates? I really want to see Bloomberg getting dunked on again/Bernie dunking on everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

joepinetree posted:

But they are not voting for delegates, they are voting for presidential delegates.

To clarify: stv transfers excess votes and votes from unviable candidates.

So let's say you are voting for 5 seats in a council and there are 100 voters. So it's 20 votes per seat. So first thing you do is transfer the votes of everyone who got MORE than 20 votes to their second option. After you get through all the excess votes, you start to eliminate all those who are last, until you get 5 candidates with exactly 20 votes.

In a caucus you don't do the first part, because the excess votes matter. I.e., you get 35 votes you keep those. In a caucus you only do the "transfer from those below viability" part. I.e., the same as ranked choice.

Yeah but functionally there isn't much difference between '35 votes for he gets two delegate,' and '35 votes for Bernie's first delegate, 15 votes transfer to his second delegate.'

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This thread should probably be closed now that the caucus is underway.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Mercrom posted:

Would you still support FPTP over the delegate system if the race was between 5 flavors of leftists and Bloomberg with a tiny lead?

The next election the nazi party will most likely win a plurality in my country. I'm voting for the leftmost party as long as they are prepared to make deals with the neoliberal parties if necessary to keep the nazis out of government.

In a world where 5 leftists split 70ish% of the vote all the way to the convention, Bloomberg isn't even a thing.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Crumbskull posted:

I keep cracking up imagining the whole reason he is running is so he can make sure there is no deeper investigation into Epstein.

He could probably just pay trump a lot of money and become head of the agency in charge of investigating everything

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Are there any more debates? I really want to see Bloomberg getting dunked on again/Bernie dunking on everyone else.

Monday in SC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
oh god i forgot the caucuses were today

one thousand unread posts