Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Darius099 posted:

I was honestly surprised the X-Men weren't appearing earlier.

There's not a lot of chances for my fondest wishes, but I'm hoping out for at least some of them to start showing up. (Dr. Strange, Dr. Doom, Emma Frost, Psylocke, Rogue, Gambit, Black Knight, Bishop, Merlyn/Roma, Dracula, Nightcrawler, Moon Knight, Odin, Scarlet Witch, Wraith, Brother Voodoo, Shuma-Gorath)

Good news, Dr. Strange is coming out in a pack with Wang. https://www.atomicmassgames.com/cp23

I feel like they're going to cover some of the main bases first, Marvel characters that are well known or in the movies, and then build out from there. I don't know how much oversight Marvel/Disney have but imagine, people we're pushing movies for first is one of the rules of the license. I doubt it's like Knight Models where they seem to be able to do whatever because DC, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
AMG came through on the one thing I had on my MCP wishlist: alternate heads! I'm probably going to try and convert Cyclops to look more like his House of X version. Hopefully Wolverine's shoulder pads are separate pieces that can be left off.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Good news, Dr. Strange is coming out in a pack with Wang. https://www.atomicmassgames.com/cp23

I feel like they're going to cover some of the main bases first, Marvel characters that are well known or in the movies, and then build out from there. I don't know how much oversight Marvel/Disney have but imagine, people we're pushing movies for first is one of the rules of the license. I doubt it's like Knight Models where they seem to be able to do whatever because DC, lol.

Oh hell yeah, that's a good start. None of my favorite X-Men in the reveal but it's a good sign.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
All caught up again.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Right, so what we've got so far from GenCon (other than the X-Men):
Daredevil
Kingpin
Bullseye
Taskmaster
Punisher
Luke Cage
She-Hulk

Looks like it's gonna be a good time if you like street-level stuff. Lucky for me I do!

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Holy cow. Dr Strange is amazing. He is going to be power hungry, but daaaaaaammmmnnn. Also, the Defender affiliation is really nice too.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

The standard of miniatures for this game is just off-the-wall insane. Barely a dud among them, and some of the upcoming ones (Angela!) look incredible.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
https://xavier-protocols.com/2020/08/03/crimson-bands-of-cyttorak/ did the math on how often Crimson Bands will land an activated token: 49% of the time, and it can get as high as 69%. Feels like a bargain for 5 threat.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Had a game at the shop last night Running Thanos(Power Gem), Proxima, Corvis (Reality Gem) & Okoye

Corvis sure is something when he is powered up and Thanos teleports him around like a nuke.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

She-Hulk looks like a nice mix between the current, well, Hulk-ier version and the traditional Glamazon iteration.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
All caught up again. So many tiny webline details...

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I've had this since release, and never thought to look for a thread here. Haven't been able to play in months for obvious reasons, but been plugging away at painting. Looking forward to trying out the Spidey affiliation, and super looking forward to Dr. Strange and Defenders.

Also, these are great:

KingMob posted:

All caught up again. So many tiny webline details...

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Still working to get decent pics with my new setup, but here some Wakanda I did a couple months ago and the Miles I did last night:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Neither my best work nor finished (and I cannot take pictures of minis worth a drat) but for the first thing I've painted in over two years, I'm pretty happy with the start and also with Contrast paints.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.
I finally bought in with Dr. Strange coming out and I'm loving the quality. I was rewatching some MCU while planning out my builds and I suddenly wondered if anyone has sought to create alternate head sculpts? Probably something 3d printed? Would be cool to be able to do a head swap for a few characters.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Man these minis make the old Hero Clix look like total garbage, that Thanos is super choice.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
September's releases finished up. Mixed bag of shallow details and poor fits, but paint hides a lot of the issues.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
October's releases done. I think I've figured out how to paint white.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

KingMob posted:

October's releases done. I think I've figured out how to paint white.

How'd you do your white? Right now I'm working on Kingpin too and I'm layering p3 Morrow White then plan to go over it with Contrast Apocathary White and see how it turns out.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego

Pyrolocutus posted:

How'd you do your white? Right now I'm working on Kingpin too and I'm layering p3 Morrow White then plan to go over it with Contrast Apocathary White and see how it turns out.

I wanted a neutral tone on KP and TK, so I did a base of Army Painter Stone Golem, and over many, many layers, shaded up through to AP Matte White. Deeper recesses were shaded with a wash of AP Uniform Grey.

Bullseye I went cooler, so I did a white base, and then a wash of AP Fog Grey and worked it back up.

The picture washes out the shading, so the actual effect is more pronounced in person.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Finished up Wolverine!

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego

Zuul the Cat posted:

Finished up Wolverine!

Very nice!

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Over the holiday break I added in Cyclops & Sabertooth to my MCP roster. Storm coming in next, followed by Beast & Mystique!

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Zuul the Cat posted:

Finished up all the X-Men I have so far!

Beast

Mystique

And here's the group shot!

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
My Storm is way off center on her base. I’d pull it off to redo but there’s all these rocks and blasts of energy and stuff.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

These are awesome. Is your beast a blue ink over grey/white, then white drybrushed overtop?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
No, I actually did a Zenithal prime then used Badger Minitaire Nautilus Blue. Washed that with Drakenhof, mixed the Nautilus Blue with some white to do highlights then did a soft drybrush of white on the hair parts.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Took my time over the holidays with this batch:

House of X scheme mutants (or as close as I could emulate):

Enchantress and Angela:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, i LOVE your magneto & cyclops!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is Ghost Rider any good in-game? He's one of favorite characters and I want to build around him

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is Ghost Rider any good in-game? He's one of favorite characters and I want to build around him

Oh yeah. If he can hang around the amjor scrum in the game, he punishes opponents not paying attention to him, and Penance Stare is a baller attack. Make sure to take a 2 pointer character with you like Okoye or Toad, so they can hang out at an out-of-the-way objective and be used for the Deal With the Devil Tactics Card.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
is this a good game to play?

any good guides on how to paint

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

It's excellent. Can't help you with the painting, but the game itself holds up as a competitive game and is great fun on the casual end of things.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It's a tight, well-written ruleset that plays quickly and can be as competitive or casual as you want. Painting resources are best found on some combination of Facebook groups, Discord, and Twitter / Instagram. Usually there's significant overlap between the different groups so it shouldn't be too hard to find resources. Most people are super helpful and supportive especially if you're new to painting. The mini painting thread here is also helpful, but skews almost exclusively to Games Workshop stuff.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

John Romero posted:

is this a good game to play?

any good guides on how to paint

Check out Sorastro, who does tutorials on almost all the miniatures for this game on Youtube as well as through PDF guides on his site: https://sorastro.com/

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

realize this thread is usually dead but holy poo poo I'm so excited for this Spider-Man expansion. The Lizard sculpt in particular is loving amazing. The new Spidey is cool too----good to know some characters will get a second mini with even more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ystJkny0_JE

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
I'm impressed by how far this game has come since release.

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.
Genuinely on of my favorite minis games right now. These leaks have been fun, an we still get more later!

I wonder how much that Size 5 Apartment building is going to cost.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Yeah. Going to need a few of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
They've teased on facebook that Carnage will be coming with alternate axe-hands, for those of us with good taste