Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Moved in with my gf back in January, and we've only now gotten around to really starting to dig into her stockpile of unopened tabletop stuff. Was happily surprised to see the Crisis Protocol core box was in there, even if there's a newer one now. She had a few other lil unopened kits (cap/war machine, miles/gwen) and we picked up some more (immortal hulk, venom, agent venom/spiderwoman, squirrel girl/gwenpool, kraven/lizard). And then realized that affiliations are an important thing and our random pickups might not have made a ton of sense from that angle.

Currently putting that big pile of minis together so we can paint them, which will be fun. I haven't painted minis before and Marvel stuff seems like a fun place to start.

I think I'm gonna try and focus in on Spidey and his enemies, and she's wanting to do Avengers and maybe Asgard or X-Men, which gives us a liiiittle more focus.

Once we're through the current stuff we've got, i think the new core set is probably our big must-have. Yall have recommendations on what to pick up for the affiliations that me and her are interested in to get after that though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

been taking a while to get the time to paint these guys, since ive never done any mini painting before

did iron man first, then spidey. tried to go for an Amazing Fantasy 15 sort of colorscheme for him- darker, more muted. figured it'll give a fun contrast to Amazing Spidey when I pick him up later and do the more typical colors.